Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hey Jacky, why not install in bathroom? :) It can be done! You will appreciate its location better eventually.

I think the wait from turning on to having hot water can be easily attributed to the distance of the pipes from the heater. Not sure if you did it in the kitchen too, Dracula, but we had ours installed in the bathroom (after having looked VERY VERY closely at Liana's installation and telling the plumber what to do) so takes a couple of seconds for the hot water to reach the bathroom taps.

Only problem i noticed is that, if you have the heater turned on and someone in kitchen is washing and accidentally turn the tap to the hot water side, you find hot water coming out and that's such a waste (the pipes from the heater to the kitchen tap is all filled with hot water accidentally) sigh..

I looked in my toilet and found no location available for my storage tank so have to make do with the kitchen. The only location I think is suitable in the toilet is directly above the shower which I dun feel its safe when I am bathing with something that huge is above me... Hehe....

I think I over exaggerated the timing ah... it should be around 10 secs for my masterroom shower to be fully heated up like sauna room. I also looked at Liana's home and noticed that those toilets at the living room have space for the storage tank in the toilet, whereas those in the kitchen with a 75sqm home dun have that luxury of space available to us ah.

So envy you guys... :notti:

Maybe after 5 years when I sell the flat then renovate again will be much better and easier ah.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
What happen to your Joven?? :o

Haha! me too! but true enough that they a lot of customers till now..... dunno whether is it alot of curious ppl going there just to try out.

Alamak ! Getting old. It's Joven. :dancingqueen:

Only problem i noticed is that, if you have the heater turned on and someone in kitchen is washing and accidentally turn the tap to the hot water side, you find hot water coming out and that's such a waste (the pipes from the heater to the kitchen tap is all filled with hot water accidentally) sigh..

Not really...I hv put stop valves at all my pipings. So i have actually shut off all hot water lines except the toilet lines... :notti::notti:

save hot water for the :bath::bath:

:yamseng::yamseng:

Oh yes! I overlooked that. I had seen the 75sqm unit previously, totally forgot about the kitchen layout and the irregular shape of the bathroom, my apologies. You're right, Drac, I do have my heater in the shower area but not directly above, that would be too risky and dangerous.

I do wonder really how many of the 90sqms actually have their heater in the bathrooms. The ID die die said cannot and the plumber had no idea how to do it. But after careful study of the pipes layout and system, its a matter of intercepting at the right place, its a closed loop after all.

I looked in my toilet and found no location available for my storage tank so have to make do with the kitchen. The only location I think is suitable in the toilet is directly above the shower which I dun feel its safe when I am bathing with something that huge is above me... Hehe....

I think I over exaggerated the timing ah... it should be around 10 secs for my masterroom shower to be fully heated up like sauna room. I also looked at Liana's home and noticed that those toilets at the living room have space for the storage tank in the toilet, whereas those in the kitchen with a 75sqm home dun have that luxury of space available to us ah.

So envy you guys... :notti:

Maybe after 5 years when I sell the flat then renovate again will be much better and easier ah.

Good idea this one, Porkypig! Never thought of that then, how silly. Wonder if still possible, well, I need to do some research :)

I think I saw some photos before, somebody had removed the heater pipe ends in the kitchen wall and hide behind the tiles, thought that is really cool. Can this somebody share the photos again and how much it cost to do it?

Not really...I hv put stop valves at all my pipings. So i have actually shut off all hot water lines except the toilet lines... :notti::notti:

save hot water for the :bath::bath:

:yamseng::yamseng:

Oh yes! I overlooked that. I had seen the 75sqm unit previously, totally forgot about the kitchen layout and the irregular shape of the bathroom, my apologies. You're right, Drac, I do have my heater in the shower area but not directly above, that would be too risky and dangerous.

I do wonder really how many of the 90sqms actually have their heater in the bathrooms. The ID die die said cannot and the plumber had no idea how to do it. But after careful study of the pipes layout and system, its a matter of intercepting at the right place, its a closed loop after all.

Good idea this one, Porkypig! Never thought of that then, how silly. Wonder if still possible, well, I need to do some research :)

I think I saw some photos before, somebody had removed the heater pipe ends in the kitchen wall and hide behind the tiles, thought that is really cool. Can this somebody share the photos again and how much it cost to do it?

Hi groovygenie,

That someone is me lor, go my blog and see. Cost wise is zero because I had overlaid wall tiles. Anyway that cost is insignificant compared to what the id can earn from me so he absorb lor. If you were to do it separately from the initial reno, it will involve plumbing and tiling works, and also sealing/removing that gas pipe above (if you have not already done so).

And yes I also have the storage heater in my bathroom but is the common one not master like Liana's. The plumber never complain dunno how to do.

Oh ya, anybody still using the normal TV point in Blk B, can you receive Okto (the new channel)? Mine was fine previously but yesterday could not receive at all.

All blk 79 flats taken liao except for the 3rd storey 90sqm one... looks like i'm not fated to join u guys and gals... :(

its left with 1 unit? so....its not your turn yet huh? :dunno:

Oh ya, anybody still using the normal TV point in Blk B, can you receive Okto (the new channel)? Mine was fine previously but yesterday could not receive at all.

Juz checked. No issue receiving Okto. But then, I am from blk D.

Another advantage is in the event of water tap burst :bath: , you can just turn off the stop valve without turning off the main supply while waiting for the tap to be repaired/replaced...normal life still carry on without disruption..

All blk 79 flats taken liao except for the 3rd storey 90sqm one... looks like i'm not fated to join u guys and gals... :(

- can join at e Foodpark if u dun mind. :bleah:

i can't afford the price of the 90sqm flat... :(

- $389,200 for 03-75 90sqm.

- kinda steep for many.

- if dn $100k combine cpf, stil gona loan $289,200 frm hdb

- hdb prevailing housing loan rate =2.6%PA.

- if gona pay 30yrs, its abt $1400 per mth.

- if loan frm bank, e rate is much higher.

- 3.25%PA - 4.25%PA estimated.

- unless e dnpayment can b raised, so e loan amount can b reduced.

- unless there is additional housing grant, so e loan amount can b reduced.

- unless there is cash top-up on top of e combine cpf, so e loan amount can b reduced.

- other options is 2 buy 3rm flat in mature estate or 4-rm flat in non-mature estate.

- olso can buy those old old 3-rm flat, havnt upgrade etc. Pray they kena SERS, than 'HOSEI' liao, tio TOTO liao.

- aniway, buy within ur means.

- its ez 2 buy but its difficult 2 pay.

:rolleyes:

Hey Vlanze,

- e new 'bkt' opp, so far e review on food is so-so only.

- e embience is better than those smoky kopitiam.

- e pricing is on e higher side.

- e earlier post by Mr meepok & kakis, check it out.

;)

- on waiting til 2010-2012, i olso share e same view pt. s u.

- mayb great minds think alike. Do we?

:rolleyes:

OK will take note. If the queue's long, no pt waiting for average food. LOL

Maybe we both share the same view. 2010~2012 is definitely the time to get a new unit provided you are not tied down by stuff like the salary cap etc. Catcha around sometime neighbour ya? :D

Yes buy within your means man. Dun be a slave to loans although we all are. :D

Anyway, there'll be ample opportunities next time if you can wait. I dun believe in paying extra for inflated HDB prices, especially 1 that is low-leveled (no offence to any1 hor)

Any takers that the next round of HDB prices will go down?

Juz checked. No issue receiving Okto. But then, I am from blk D.

Dunno why suddenly cannot receive leh, tried re-scanning for the channels again but still not working. Could it be because I have not activated the cable point? I can get good rtm2 but no Okto.

Hi lormee,

If at current pricing I think most of us here will not be able to afford too. It's scary. Wonder who can afford the Bishan DBSS too.

I agree with the view that the prices will start dropping once HDB gets poor response from sales due to high prices. So if you can wait don't buy yet.

Jacky777,

New flats no other housing grant except for the very low income one ($10-20K AHG). If low income lagi cannot afford liao. So if one is not CPF nor cash rich, very hard to be within $8K income ceiling and still afford to buy.

Hey shay_d,

- u hav been monitoring e crowd frm ur window? :P

- human beli e funni 1, see wher crowded then go wher q loh. Alot ppl eat muz b gd?

- though e review on e standard of its food were not dat gd, i find their signboard appealing.

- wen standing at blk A-B, can see their pinkish/redish outstanding signboard.

- in Sg, 'packing' & 'branding' canot b neglected. :paint:

hmm.....yeah, will get to pass by there almost everyday ma. i think most ppl try out due to curiousity and follow crowd ba.

yeah, the signboard is rather standout. hehe....their packaging is quite good lo. anyway, all the best to them! hehe!

Edited by shay_d