Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ey.. thick skinned uncle, my hair grows long liao loh.. no longer gugu... but u.... still as thick skinned... and getting older... lol... u will forever be thick skinned old uncle... just admit it... no point urguing ... we ALL knows... :D

Once a gugu forever a gugu.... :P

Hi all

There is a picture of our beautiful block on Wo Bao 17th Aug 2009.

ToaPayohWoBao.jpg

wahahahha... no wonder someone was telling me that my lights are not on!! lol... can see!! :P

Alister, thanks for the picture!!

Hi all,

recently another forumer's car got vandalised again. As such, I urge all ppl whom car got vandalised to report to the police. If not, no further action could be done to prevent this. Thanks.

Previously, only car parked at the lower floors was vandalised. However, the recent cases are all at higher floors. Hence, parking anywhere also not safe now.... :(

Hi all,

recently another forumer's car got vandalised again. As such, I urge all ppl whom car got vandalised to report to the police. If not, no further action could be done to prevent this. Thanks.

Previously, only car parked at the lower floors was vandalised. However, the recent cases are all at higher floors. Hence, parking anywhere also not safe now.... :(

Even driving into the carpark is not safe. Last week, when we are returning home in the afternoon, whilst driving along the small path infront of Blk B, someone threw a stone at our car from Blk B. It cost a loud bang and a small dent in our car's side. Even the passerby was shocked by the sound. Lucky it didn't hit anybody or our windscreen, or else, someone is sure to be seriously injured.

I came out of the car and found that the stone has broken into small pieces. Why I know its that same piece of stone is because the pieces look distinctly different from the soil and stones around the area. We've picked up the stone pieces and kept it as evidence.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of neighbours do we have living around here. I doubt the police can do much about this too.... Probably the vandals in the carpark are people who live in these 5 blocks.

Even driving into the carpark is not safe. Last week, when we are returning home in the afternoon, whilst driving along the small path infront of Blk B, someone threw a stone at our car from Blk B. It cost a loud bang and a small dent in our car's side. Even the passerby was shocked by the sound. Lucky it didn't hit anybody or our windscreen, or else, someone is sure to be seriously injured.

I came out of the car and found that the stone has broken into small pieces. Why I know its that same piece of stone is because the pieces look distinctly different from the soil and stones around the area. We've picked up the stone pieces and kept it as evidence.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of neighbours do we have living around here. I doubt the police can do much about this too.... Probably the vandals in the carpark are people who live in these 5 blocks.

Not juz cars, my unit also kanna. Don't know which idiot threw Mac at my unit. Door and corridor all kanna with Coke. Made a police report, hope this helps.

Can we get some privacy to Blk 79?

Proposal to write a petition to Bishan-ToaPayoh Town Council to install a card access electronic gate to our sky garden

1) so that only residents can access to the garden;

2) so as to minimise non residents 'loitering' around;

3) so as to have a safer environment for fellow 79 residents and their children;

4) so as to enjoy the garden in peace;

5) so as to help to keep our garden clean and nice;

6) so as to minimize unwanted activities at the garden:-

i) playing catching and screaming on top of their voice at 3am;

ii) couples showing public display of affection;

iii) group of teenagers showing their 'musical talent' in the middle of the night;

iv) teenagers sniffing glue;

v) and many many more ..........

Co-ordinator : shercjw

Responses in favour:

1) Shercjw

2) twinklestarzz

3) Stormcontrol

4) Roy777ong

5) Yeoman

6) meowie49

7) M&M

8) Dracula

9) Shivan

10) Alister

11) Meepok

12) Babymaro

13) zanie98

14) ms_white

15) shay_d

16) liana79b

17) pooh_75

18) droplets

19) yhw22

20) zincy

21) Vlanze

22) RacKel

23) xinni

24) CCS79

25) Kinkie

26) Joanlebelle

Ah Long attacked on Monday at Blk 79A lobby.

#38, oh no. 1st case after 1 year of stay.

Are we safe?

MP visit on Saturday. No time to raise our issue about our safety.

Ah Long attacked on Monday at Blk 79A lobby.

#38, oh no. 1st case after 1 year of stay.

Are we safe?

MP visit on Saturday. No time to raise our issue about our safety.

Expected lah...If i'm not wrong, Blk 79A are the smaller 75sqm units with many en bloc people from the lower-income strata... if you go to other estates with many 2 or 3 roomers. These cases are very common and visible in common areas.

Edited by she_888

Expected lah...If i'm not wrong, Blk 79A are the smaller 75sqm units with many en bloc people from the lower-income strata... if you go to other estates with many 2 or 3 roomers. These cases are very common and visible in common areas.

Regardless of the income level or unit size, i feel residents of blk 79 are all victims, if not possible ones. Those who have yet to be victimised, please be mentally prepared as i wasn't when 2 eggs fell on my car as i was driving out of the MSCP. the smell is still there along my car's rubber lining.

By the way, I feel that the idea of electronic card access is a great idea. Perhaps can make it at the lobby level to restrict access to others such as Ah long, etc. If that is too expensive, i'm not sure if the $5 is a quote from a professional company, then at least CCTV can be installed at critical exits and entrances as deterence.

What are the avenues of expressing our concerns to the MPs or GRC? We could explore that channel to make all our concerns and voices heard by the right people for the right actions to be done.

Regardless of the income level or unit size, i feel residents of blk 79 are all victims, if not possible ones. Those who have yet to be victimised, please be mentally prepared as i wasn't when 2 eggs fell on my car as i was driving out of the MSCP. the smell is still there along my car's rubber lining.

By the way, I feel that the idea of electronic card access is a great idea. Perhaps can make it at the lobby level to restrict access to others such as Ah long, etc. If that is too expensive, i'm not sure if the $5 is a quote from a professional company, then at least CCTV can be installed at critical exits and entrances as deterence.

What are the avenues of expressing our concerns to the MPs or GRC? We could explore that channel to make all our concerns and voices heard by the right people for the right actions to be done.

Gated estates and card access are one of the best solutions there is for any high rise or public housing. That's why almost all public housing in Hong Kong has it. If one think of it logicalyl, Gated access means restricted entry to non-residents and would be criminals. This in turn means lesser crime and Police resources will be free up to handled more serious crimes.

I wonder why the over-paid scholars and mgmt in HDB never thought of this simple logic when doing their town planning from the very start. Maybe the govt should headhunt some of those town planners from Hong Kong and retrenched those unproductive managers sitting high up there in HDB.

HDB's policy of social integration is crab...The open concept of HDB flats not only integrate residents, it also integrate all the unsavory characters and criminals into our daily lifes.

Edited by Pooh_75

i dunno what kind of reply was that...

fyi, the unit that owed ah long $$$ is from 90sqm 4 rm...

i don't see why smaller units will be 'expected' to owe $$$ lor...i think some might be richer than those in 5 rm...

Owners woke up to find cars smashed

By Jermyn Chow

SEVERAL car owners in Telok Blangah Crescent woke up on Sunday morning to find the rear windscreens and side windows of their vehicles smashed, and CashCards and other valuables missing.

The thefts happened early yesterday morning at Block 23A, a multi-storey carpark in Telok Blangah Crescent.

Seven cars parked on the first floor were hit. They included makes like Toyota, Honda and Kia.

The rampage is believed to have taken place overnight.

A police spokesman said they are investigating the cases.

Six CashCards worth more than $200, coins and accessories such as cellphone chargers were missing.

It is not known if the thefts were committed by the same person.

One of the victims, retiree Tan Teck Wah, 55, had parked his Kia Picanto in the multi-storey carpark at about 8pm on Saturday.

On Sunday morning, at around 10, he went to the carpark with a friend, and was alerted to the thefts by other motorists.

Shocked, he found that he was one of the victims. His car's rear windscreen and left window had been smashed.

'I was shocked to see that the doors were still locked and the alarm not activated,' he said.

Inside the three-year-old vehicle, a CashCard, Mr Tan's Nokia phone charger and an earpiece were gone.

Another victim, futures trader Tommy Ng, 57, found the rear windscreen of his black Honda Civic smashed at around the same time.

Missing was his CashCard, worth about $10, coins and a penknife. The damage to the car will cost him more than $1,000.

Mr Ng said he was disgusted by the smash and grab.

'I always thought that this place was safe. How are we supposed to have peace of mind leaving our cars here now?' he said.

His wife, Madam Wong Siew Ling, 55, said security at the carpark had been an issue for residents since it was built five years ago.

'We started hearing residents complaining that their cars were scratched and their CashCards stolen.'

The housewife said that five to six cars were hit three years ago at another multi-storey carpark in Telok Blangah.

'It can be quite scary for a quiet neighbourhood like ours to be hit by car thieves who are so vicious,' she said.

When contacted, Mr Sam Tan, an MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC, expressed outrage at the thefts and said he would talk to the police about stepping up their surveillance.

He said he would also approach the Housing Board to look into the feasibility of installing CCTV cameras in the carparks.

Mr Tan said he would also strengthen the community patrol scheme, using resident volunteers to increase vigilance in the neighbourhood.

But for now, motorists said they would have to rely on their own resources and common sense.

'I will definitely be buying more insurance for my car and be careful not to leave any valuables in the vehicle,' said 53-year-old insurance agent Jimmy Goh.

Edited by meepok