Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Central Horizon in the limelight again..... :huh:

This time round, award winning sky garden and MSCP garden design....

Today Straitstimes LIFE section...

I think it shld be 1yr+ ago bah.. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

- any1 recieve letter frm SP Powergrid?

- letter states inspection of gas pipes within premises for every 15yrs. Now my unit is due for inspection! :huh:

- any1 recieve letter frm SP Powergrid?

- letter states inspection of gas pipes within premises for every 15yrs. Now my unit is due for inspection! :huh:

same too. my appointment is tomorrow morning. we just stay about 3yrs and it is due.

Hi neighbors,

Not sure if its just me, but on the topic of water pressure, the water riser outside my unit is driving me nuts! This has been plaguing me for months and there's a loud whining/whistling sound each time the building water pump attempts to equalise the pressure. My dad keeps getting mistaken that the water kettle is boiling! No joke, the whining is really crazy.

Called SPServices, referred me to PUB, referred me to town council, referred me to their contractor, blamed it on their supplier. According to the contractor, its the pressure gauge thats causing the problem. In the end, they claim that they needs more time to monitor (huh?!?) and no solutions at all. No timeline was mentioned too.

Anyone shares with the same problems as I do?

On a side topic, if any of you guys have any recommendations for part time maid, can you PM me?

Thought I would like to share with all neighbours how much our flats are worth, proxy to similar blocks next to us.

Statistic taken off HDB website

Blk 145 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 36 to 40 floor 92.00sqm $600,800.00 Oct 2009

Blk 145 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 21 to 25 floor 91.00sqm $508,000.00 Oct 2009

Blk 143 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 26 to 30 floor 110.00sqm $600,000.00 Oct 2009

Blk 143 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 21 to 25 floor 110.00sqm $650,000.00 Oct 2009

Blk 143 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 06 to 10 floor 110.00sqm $568,000.00 Oct 2009

Attended a talk by Propnex CEO Mr Mohamed Ismail, at a OCBC seminar over the weekend. Prices will only go up (I agree as well) due to following factors.

- number of new citizens & PRs in 2008 - 20,513 & 79,167 respectively

- they can't buy new flats, only from resale market

- no new ready to move in flats after the last balloting exercise. From now on, new flats are BTO which takes at least 3.5 yrs to build. Those who needs it urgently must get from resale mkt

- Scarcity of land in S'pore

- stable govt resulting in foreigners willing to pay a premium alto they can get it 10 times cheaper across the causeway

- ready pool of buyers - indonesian, malaysian, china chinese and India indians

- HDB flats will reach $1mil, particularly flats at Pinnacle @ Duxton. "Similarily The Peak at Toa Payoh" (this one added by me)

- govt will not allow property prices to fall substantially. This is to give confidence to foreign investors

So there, most of us in Blk 79 are at least half a millionaire now or in future.

Congrats !!

Thought I would like to share with all neighbours how much our flats are worth, proxy to similar blocks next to us.

Statistic taken off HDB website

Blk 145 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 36 to 40 floor 92.00sqm $600,800.00 Oct 2009

Blk 145 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 21 to 25 floor 91.00sqm $508,000.00 Oct 2009

Blk 143 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 26 to 30 floor 110.00sqm $600,000.00 Oct 2009

Blk 143 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 21 to 25 floor 110.00sqm $650,000.00 Oct 2009

Blk 143 Lor 2 Toa Payoh 06 to 10 floor 110.00sqm $568,000.00 Oct 2009

Attended a talk by Propnex CEO Mr Mohamed Ismail, at a OCBC seminar over the weekend. Prices will only go up (I agree as well) due to following factors.

- number of new citizens & PRs in 2008 - 20,513 & 79,167 respectively

- they can't buy new flats, only from resale market

- no new ready to move in flats after the last balloting exercise. From now on, new flats are BTO which takes at least 3.5 yrs to build. Those who needs it urgently must get from resale mkt

- Scarcity of land in S'pore

- stable govt resulting in foreigners willing to pay a premium alto they can get it 10 times cheaper across the causeway

- ready pool of buyers - indonesian, malaysian, china chinese and India indians

- HDB flats will reach $1mil, particularly flats at Pinnacle @ Duxton. "Similarily The Peak at Toa Payoh" (this one added by me)

- govt will not allow property prices to fall substantially. This is to give confidence to foreign investors

So there, most of us in Blk 79 are at least half a millionaire now or in future.

Congrats !!

Haha,

- was chatting wif my mum jus las nite abt e Probable Resale Prices of 79 flats in e near future.

- after deducting watsoever need 2 deduct/top-up, take-bak cash amount wld b at least >$100-$200k, depending on one's loan amount.

:dancingqueen:

- so those who hav some xtra cash, u noe wher 2 invest? :notti:

- yah, sg is influx wif more & more FT. Population is getting biger & biger. MRT is getting more crowded. Roads r getting more cars (more ERP ...)...

- btw, any1 kena selected by e Singapore Department Of Statistics 4 e 'Census Of The Population 2010 - Pilot Survey'?

- any1 noes wats dat?

:rolleyes:

The Government needs to fill up the BIG empty hole in our Reserves & CPF... FAST!

ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY

Nov 19, 2009

HDB property tax going up

One-off rebate to cushion rise; one- and two-room owners will pay nothing

HOMEOWNERS: be prepared to pay higher property taxes next year.

In line with the rally in home prices, the taxman is revising upwards the value of Housing Board (HDB) homes.

The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (Iras) announced on Wednesday that the annual values (AV) of all types of HDB flats will be raised with effect from Jan 1.

This will mean a hike in property taxes for 2010.

The property tax rate in Singapore is currently set at 10 per cent of a property's AV, although owner- occupied residential properties enjoy a concessionary 4 per cent tax rate.

To soften the impact, a one-off rebate is being introduced to help HDB homeowners adjust to the increase.

19112009newproperty.jpg

HELP HELP!!

My MBR toilet shower tap CANNOT be turn off!!! and water keep running.. Now i had to turn off the main switch from outside.. anybody know where is the turn off switch at the MBR toilet?? URGENT pls.... Had no water supply now.. :(

And also is it very difficult to change the shower tap? Im using the HDB provided one, din change when i move in.. Can i find it at NTUC?

Hi, I am new to this forum.... Just want to share something.... I stay at Blk 79A... We sometimes leave our shoes outside our unit in a shoe rack. My shoes were stolen twice while my dad once.

I learnt my lesson after my relatively new shoe got stolen. No more shoes outside. Then my dad's working boots (old one) also got stolen. Just yesterday my old torn running shoes also kana kapo!!! I was thinking why steal a old running shoe!

Anyone has similar experience? Maybe its a serial shoe thief!

Hi, i stayed at blk 79B, did any one of you notice that the water from your tap is milky? As i notice outside my gas and water meter concrete or cement dust was observed. Any of you also encounter this prob? If is PUB did the job, very irresponsible of them to leave the mess outside my home.

Hi sensei_erictan,

Me and my wife also experienced theft on our shoes.

Both our running shoes were lost. We learnt our lesson never to leave our shoes outside except for those older shoes.

At first we thought the theif was after those branded shoes. But just last month or so, my wife's slipper was stolen and a pair of old slippers which does not belong to us was placed outside our door.

From then we knew it was a prank and the fellow was out to have fun.

Duno who so boliao as to do such sickening pranks.

Just be careful not to leave any shoes lying outside liao.

Hi sensei_erictan,

Me and my wife also experienced theft on our shoes.

Both our running shoes were lost. We learnt our lesson never to leave our shoes outside except for those older shoes.

At first we thought the theif was after those branded shoes. But just last month or so, my wife's slipper was stolen and a pair of old slippers which does not belong to us was placed outside our door.

From then we knew it was a prank and the fellow was out to have fun.

Duno who so boliao as to do such sickening pranks.

Just be careful not to leave any shoes lying outside liao.

There's this man tat look like a karang guni aged 50plus carry a plastic bag stealing shoes/slippers.. He'll make his round in the afternoon as i get to see him once... I saw his bag filled with running shoes and when he saw me, he walk down the the next level..