Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Yes , I stay at 22th floor... its very noisy... happens late at night occasionally

call town council. they should know what to do by now.

- mi olso can hear it every nite. Was wondering wat causes it?

- wen recce around e common corridor & staircases, i discovered dat some pipes were missing.

- at e staircase mid-landing, there is a vertical stainless steel pipe near e parapet/low wall.

- i remember clearly, this pipe used 2 have a T-joint connect out 2 a short pipe with meter & gauges. This short pipe then connect 2 another T-joint out (forms a C-shape), connect bak 2 e main vertical pipe.

- this short pipe with meter & gauges is no more in sight. Remains r e 2 gatevalves after e 2 T-joints.

- was kinda shock. So wen on 2 check out other staircases. True enough, all of this short stainless steel pipes with meter & gauges r gone.

- how many r there in blk 79A -79E? How much do this pipes & gauges worth? :jawdrop:

- base on my assumption, e leaking of air from this pipes, had caused this whistling sound.

- somebody shd call TC 2 complain abt it.

- if no action taken, mayb can send in e missing pipes pix 2 STOMP, title: Missing pipes create sound nuisance 2 residents, TC do nothin'.

:P

Gossip->

- heard dat e infamous bak kuk teh shop (opp, at Central) had ceased operation.

- new pet's stuff store at central, replaced e tit-bits shop.

- new vehicle access road is being constructed at e junction b4 e point blk beside MRT stn. Hope it wil ease e jam there in e morning.

- 2 vacant stalls r available for rent in our beluv Foodpark.

- e prawn mee at blk 85, so so only.

- e 'saloon' dnstairs got standard. Mi tried 'Hairtech'. Can say e skill & technic is comparable 2 those branded saloon.

- e neighbours i'd met most 4 e pass mths outside dis forum-> babymaro & meepok, dracula & wife, stay79 & family, Roy777 & wife, ... & some non-forumers.

- wonder where r e other forumers???

:unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi jacky777,

On the topic of whining water pipes, for my case, i found out that the noises were coming out from the pressure relief valves that were built with the pressure gauges. The town council contractor came and tweaked the water pressure from the riser outside my unit. I'm not sure exactly what he tweaked, but the whining noise were gone after that. One thing for sure, my unit's water pressure remains the same after his "tuning".

On a side note, did anyone notice that the lifts in 79C were dripping water everytime there's heavy rain?

Hi guys wah didn't realise there was such an active community at Blk 79!

Anyway i am one of the 22 people who got the balance flats from the Oct 09 exercise :)

And just got my keys last Friday, so will be diligently reading up on this thread now ... so hope u guys can help me out if i have any questions.

Oh yeah sorry for the inconvenience of the renovations that we will be doing soon enuff ... heh heh ...

cheers

Hi guys wah didn't realise there was such an active community at Blk 79!

Anyway i am one of the 22 people who got the balance flats from the Oct 09 exercise :)

And just got my keys last Friday, so will be diligently reading up on this thread now ... so hope u guys can help me out if i have any questions.

Oh yeah sorry for the inconvenience of the renovations that we will be doing soon enuff ... heh heh ...

cheers

Wah so quiet, guess this thread not so active in the last year already since everyone already moved in and settled down. Anyway will be moving to Blk D soon wondering if any of you had any of your homes done up by the Interior Designers Opposite the Block, eg: Design Professional, Living Art, Substanze etc etc....

Hi

Just wondering if any 79-ers skate...? :bleah:

btw anyone haf lobang for part time cleaners? I seriously need one... tooooo lazy and tired to clean the whole hse myself. :help:

Wah so quiet, guess this thread not so active in the last year already since everyone already moved in and settled down. Anyway will be moving to Blk D soon wondering if any of you had any of your homes done up by the Interior Designers Opposite the Block, eg: Design Professional, Living Art, Substanze etc etc....

- quite a handful done by them.

- got Good & Bad reviews & experiences.

- depends on 1s tolerance, requirements, standards & budget.

- wats ur reno budget?

- wat type of reno u r lookin at?

- any long-term plan?

:rolleyes:

Hi

Just wondering if any 79-ers skate...? :bleah:

btw anyone haf lobang for part time cleaners? I seriously need one... tooooo lazy and tired to clean the whole hse myself. :help:

- wat type of skate?

- skateboarding, in-line skate, roller skate...?

- think most of us r uncles & aunties liao, no more skating liao.

- wats ur reno budget?

- any long-term plan?

Actually i am about to engage one of them already, so far seems good and can pass most of my requirements.

Will probabaly update when they start or when they pass me the 3D pics. Anyway while waiting for my ID to come up with the designs i actually already did a preliminary one myself to get an idea for the size of the house before i got my keys. Relatively simple one without textures though ... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7lUoQwgHVQ

Wow, you are every excited and enthusiastic over your new flat... :P

guess yours is on the lower mid level? facing main road or blk 85??

Actually i already did the 3D layout and my friend asked me to post pics, haa haa .. so i did up the video instead lah .. haa haa ..

Anyway i am level 30+ facing North ... heh heh

Oh yeah by the way any of you guys staying at 79 on the 30+ floors have installed Rain Shower / City Gas or Central heating combination?

any problems with the pressure or the heating?

I know a storage heater will definitely solve the issues of pressure and heating but its just so big and since we dun have a service yard, it gets quite unsightly in the small kitchen

Edited by robvandam

- wats ur reno budget?

- any long-term plan?

- wat type of skate?

- skateboarding, in-line skate, roller skate...?

- think most of us r uncles & aunties liao, no more skating liao.

hahahah.... no la... i see a lot of young couples also ma.... i meant roller blade... :)

BTW anyone play mahjong here? Me and my husband like to play MJ but always have not enuff khakis.... everytime i will hear MJ sounds den my hands itchy but always no khakis....

Anyone like to play also? We can play tgt ...... :)

hahahah.... no la... i see a lot of young couples also ma.... i meant roller blade... :)

BTW anyone play mahjong here? Me and my husband like to play MJ but always have not enuff khakis.... everytime i will hear MJ sounds den my hands itchy but always no khakis....

Anyone like to play also? We can play tgt ...... :)

I smell Mah Jong Experts around ... :)

Edited by robvandam

hmm recently walk to the carpark via the sky garden and notice new "graphics" on the wall..wonder if the cctv is just for show? :P

Yeah are there any blind spots for the CCTVs? maybe they are vandalizing at the blind spots

Actually i already did the 3D layout and my friend asked me to post pics, haa haa .. so i did up the video instead lah .. haa haa ..

Anyway i am level 30+ facing North ... heh heh

Oh yeah by the way any of you guys staying at 79 on the 30+ floors have installed Rain Shower / City Gas or Central heating combination?

any problems with the pressure or the heating?

I know a storage heater will definitely solve the issues of pressure and heating but its just so big and since we dun have a service yard, it gets quite unsightly in the small kitchen

rain shower @ MBR toilet with storage heater...

no problem...water pressure is very good...