Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunnytan31

Elmark Vs Kdk Low Ceiling Fan

those who had installed A11YS in their homes, do your fans come with safety wire? refer to the diagram as shown in the Operating and Installation Instructions Manual.

I have A11YS but yet to install... I saw the safety wire and additional wall plug with hook, supposely to install outside but decide to use only 3 wall plugs + 1 wall plug with hook. In order to do that, I went to bought a wall plug with hook of the same size as the other 3.

FYI, Elmark 48" default comes with 3 normal and 1 hook wall plugs...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have A11YS but yet to install... I saw the safety wire and additional wall plug with hook, supposely to install outside but decide to use only 3 wall plugs + 1 wall plug with hook. In order to do that, I went to bought a wall plug with hook of the same size as the other 3.

FYI, Elmark 48" default comes with 3 normal and 1 hook wall plugs...

hi, thanks for your response.

after you had installed, please share if there are any visible/exposed safety wire outside the fan unit; mine does not have.

Hi Jeda,

FYI all ceiling fans that are sold in SG wf the safety mark muz hv the safety wire attached.

So same goes to yrs, yr ceiling fan will hv the safety wire attached.

According to the instruction manual, the safety hook and the safety wire is hook outside the mounting where is visible, but installer will not do so as it's not so nice to see the mounting hook wf the safety wire outside the cover.

The installer will hook the safety wire inside nicely so that after installing the ceiling fan the safety wire cant be visible.

So if you're in doubt, do check by opening up the cover to see if yr installer hook the safety wire inside for you or not.

hope this helps.

Cheers pal ;)

thanks! a relief to hear that. :)

oh thanks for the reply bro.

then how do you guys solve the no lighting problem if the room only has one wire source?

even if cable splitting is possible (im guessing), won't the light behind the fan blades create loads of shadows?

Edited by breadman

Other than KDK, which is known for its reliability, which other brands are next in line?

I have looked at Amasco, Fanco and Alpha. So far, Alpha is cheapest.. but I can barely feel any wind from the ceiling fan.. only at speed 3 can I feel noticeable wind.

Any other recommended brands for me to consider? One that allows burger lights or 3-point lights :)

Other than KDK, which is known for its reliability, which other brands are next in line?

I have looked at Amasco, Fanco and Alpha. So far, Alpha is cheapest.. but I can barely feel any wind from the ceiling fan.. only at speed 3 can I feel noticeable wind.

Any other recommended brands for me to consider? One that allows burger lights or 3-point lights :)

Bro, I recommend Elmark. :good:

KDK A11YS is disappointing...

Edited by sunnytan31

U're most welcome... kekeke... :)

There are many ways to solve the lighting problems...

I'll mention some for you to consider.

1) Get other make/brand ceiling fan that can install light kits.

2) Using L-Box lightings.

3) Wall lamps...etc

Shadow is created when something blocking the light source,

So as long as the lighting is below the fan blades you'll not be able to see shadow casting on the floor.

Hope this helps ;)

Cheers pal :drunk:

Some shadow casts onto ceiling instead, if you have those ceiling-mounted lighting. So far, best to have L-box with downlight, fan at centre of L-box.

Edited by bepgof

I dun class any brands/make that is 1st, 2nd or 3rd..etc on reliability, which many ppl does.

To me reliability really depends on how you use/maintain the fan.

My ceiling fan till now doesn't give me any problem on speed and coverage.

Most impt is the wind that the ceiling fan can deliver and cover.

Different ppl hv diff standard on the ceiling fan delivery rate, some like breeze, some like storm type of wind speed...kekeke... :D

Bear in mind that ceiling fan is for circulation not for cooling.

Besides KDK, all other brands hv light kits with round shape light kits and 3 holder light kits to choose from.

If you can, look for those light kits that are safety tested.... ;)

Do scout around to see and feel if you have the time... :)

Hope this helps. ;)

Cheers pal :drunk:

KDK's V56VK has round LED light, can switch between 3 colors or just off it by remote.

Edited by bepgof

Bear in mind that ceiling fan is for circulation not for cooling.

Precisely correct!

Edited by bepgof

hmm thats strange...i had a totally opposite experience... :unsure:

I'm comparing performance over pricing over look over features...

KDK looks nice and come with remote but ex and performance not up to my expectation.

Elmark looks pain and no remote but powerful and cheap...

I'm comparing performance over pricing over look over features...

KDK looks nice and come with remote but ex and performance not up to my expectation.

Elmark looks pain and no remote but powerful and cheap...

KDK is very powerful for me already, no need to switch to Speed 3

sleep at night use speed one very shiok

if elmark is more powerful then it must be reallly really powerful le. But when i got to the shop, no more elmark, so took franco which has a similar design..

maybe i try to see if can make a video out of fan speeds... :)

I do agree Elmark fan is hard to find bcos cost price is high and profit margin is low... Afterall, I only have experienced with KDK and Elmark. If i'm not wrong, Elmark has been in the market since 1988 and comes with lifetime motor warranty.