Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunnytan31

Elmark Vs Kdk Low Ceiling Fan

Don't panic, can get bracket & bolts easily at hardware shops. I was attracted to this forum when sourcing for ceiling fans, ended bought 2 x V56VK at everjoint, no bracket, no bolts. Furumers never mentioned about these 2 items then. Caught in bit of surprise wheh electrician told me to get these......Anyway, I doubt other fan suppliers would supply these items with fans.

Hi Bepgof,

Can i check with you if you used the electrician provided by Everjoint?

I have purchased my V56 recently at $356, but uses my own electrician friend to install for me. However after the installation, i found out that the fan shakes vigorously and i am so afraid that it will drop off from the ceiling.

Not knowing what the problem, I called up Mr Li and checked out from him of this issue and he recommend his electrician to check out the problem.

The installer went up to mi place and re-fix it and after that, the fan dun shakes anymore.

Though i did not check out from them of the problem, but their services is pretty good, as i did not face the same problem for 2 weeks.

Will like to check with you if you face the same problem?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I have Experince on 3 companies with different style Fans.

1) crestar fan .. The customer serive is very very good.Without any hesitation and doubt. they will come and change the part and make the fan work.

One of my Fan was using Crester Remote control, brought from Sembwang Lighting house with 1 year warrantly but exact 1 yr, there was some issue on remote control. I called to crester with the issue and then i canot come to their place to collect new remote control as i am working . But They helped and sent one new remote control to sembwang lighting house and asked me to collect there on my free time . I collected the remote control without paying anything .

2) Amasco, The worst customr service and fan ,i experienced so far..

I brought one Fan Amasco Empire with the cost of 450 including remote control. Just before warranty expired , the remote control spoiled, I enquired to buy some other place but nobody was selling this remote control . so I called amasco customer service. They send with new control but I payed the transportation 40$.

Again on 2nd year, the Remote control spoiled , I payed $95 for new control+ 45 transport .

Again on 3rd year, the fan motor spoiled, I payed 120$ for fan repairing and transportation.

3) I have Fanco Fan with remote control ( $350) , They will come free installation ,There is no single problem and working perfectly .

So U need to think 3 times before buying any fan .

This is my experience

Edited by haijitu

How about the traditional model without remote control? such as M48SG. I'm planning to get one for a room about 12 square meter, is this model sufficient enough?

One of my neighbor auntie told me the switch mounted on the wall may spoil after a few years...

How about the traditional model without remote control? such as M48SG. I'm planning to get one for a room about 12 square meter, is this model sufficient enough?

One of my neighbor auntie told me the switch mounted on the wall may spoil after a few years...

Hi pal,

Model: M48SG is a 3x 48 inches metal blade old school design ceiling fan using wall speed regulator to control the speed of the fan. :D

Note you can't install light kit to the ceiling fan. So if you need light kit, KDK will not be suitable.... :no:

Whether suitable or not it depends on the width of the room and also the surrounding area.

And also your ceiling must be high enough else the blade of the ceiling fan will be low... :o

The diameter of the fan will be the coverage of the wind....

So just measure and see if it's suitable or not.... :)

FYI there is also 56 and 60 inches model.

All brands will spoil/faulty... :( it all depends on how you use/maintain the ceiling fan.

I've been using my ceiling fan for so many years liao and it still serve me well.... :yeah:

Hope this info helps... :good:

:drunk: pal

Thank you pal for the quick & informative reply!

The diameter of the fan will be the coverage of the wind....

Does that mean whoever sitting not directly under the fan will not fell the wind? (I know for standing fan, if the fan is not blowing towards me, I cannot feel the wind at all, is it because of the small diameter of the the fan?)

Thank you pal for the quick & informative reply!

Does that mean whoever sitting not directly under the fan will not fell the wind? (I know for standing fan, if the fan is not blowing towards me, I cannot feel the wind at all, is it because of the small diameter of the the fan?)

Hi pal,

U're most welcome.... :sport-smiley-004:

In general yes, but some ceiling fan can cover a bigger coverage than the diameter of the blades.

Hope tis helps

:drunk: pal

Hi,

I have Experince on 3 companies with different style Fans.

1) crestar fan .. The customer serive is very very good.Without any hesitation and doubt. they will come and change the part and make the fan work.

One of my Fan was using Crester Remote control, brought from Sembwang Lighting house with 1 year warrantly but exact 1 yr, there was some issue on remote control. I called to crester with the issue and then i canot come to their place to collect new remote control as i am working . But They helped and sent one new remote control to sembwang lighting house and asked me to collect there on my free time . I collected the remote control without paying anything .

2) Amasco, The worst customr service and fan ,i experienced so far..

I brought one Fan Amasco Empire with the cost of 450 including remote control. Just before warranty expired , the remote control spoiled, I enquired to buy some other place but nobody was selling this remote control . so I called amasco customer service. They send with new control but I payed the transportation 40$.

Again on 2nd year, the Remote control spoiled , I payed $95 for new control+ 45 transport .

Again on 3rd year, the fan motor spoiled, I payed 120$ for fan repairing and transportation.

3) I have Fanco Fan with remote control ( $350) , They will come free installation ,There is no single problem and working perfectly .

So U need to think 3 times before buying any fan .

This is my experience

..snip..

2) Amasco, the worst customr service and fan, i experienced so far..

I brought one Fan Amasco Empire with the cost of 450 including remote control. Just before warranty expired, the remote control spoiled, I enquired to buy some other place but nobody was selling this remote control. so I called amasco customer service. They send with new control but I payed the transportation 40$. Again on 2nd year, the Remote control spoiled, I payed $95 for new control+ 45 transport. Again on 3rd year, the fan motor spoiled, I payed 120$ for fan repairing and transportation.

This is my experience.

Yes, I can affirm haijitu's claims. I bought 2 units KDK ceiling fans and 2 units Amasco ceiling fans with 4 lighting attachments. The first KDK fan was installed in the living area, the second was not installed when I changed the plan for the dining area. The Amascos were installed, one in each bedrooms.

Why like that? Well, bcoz the KDK came with a remote control, very useful in a living area with guests around. Actually, I wanted to buy remotes for ALL the fans. But the Amasco model with the lighting attachments did not come with the remote control feature.

What has been my experience?

First, the KDK fan. The KDK still works very well after 3+ yrs today: no irritating grinding sound when the fan blade whirls, the remote control still works on the same battery since first installed!! Maybe it's time the battery should die out and be changed, hahaha ? The KDK fan blade is possibly the smallest amongst competing brands, so it does not provide as strong a wind as the others. But I tested it at the shop. And I found it was good and strong enough for me. Back home in my flat, under setting 3 - the highest speed - I could feel a strong gust on the sofa placed 6 feet away from the fan center. That is, the KDK fan has no problem cooling guests sitting within a 12-feet diameter of the fan. Under the lowset '1' setting, I could still get the wind, but this time it is a gentle breeze. Morever, as far as sound goes, the KDK fan only makes the unmistakable wind / fan whirling sound under setting 3, it doesn't give make any sound in the other 2 settings.

I would have no hesitation recommending KDK.

But Amasco? Forget it! Better get rid of the name in my vocab! What utter rubbish of a fan company. Let me explain: a few days before the 1-yr warranty expired, the fan gave off a rumbling spound, and soon stopped working right on the day the warranty expired! I didn't believe it, like so eerie, uncanny, and ghostly..? Well, I called for service with AMASCo. And you know what? Seemed the staff girl in the service dept knew exactly why I called. Before I could explain the reason for my call, she said: "I know, the compressor died and needs repair. Tpt $30 + spare compressor $50 = $80!. Pay the tech guy when he finishes the repair work. what's the address?"

It became clear to me that AMASCo fans have some built-in faulty compressor in some models, so much so that the service staff knew exactly what was wrong whenever any customer with the particular fan model called. If that is so, then the factory should be honorable - like Toyota, Honda, or any other ethical mfr'er, etc - they should rightly and immediately make a customer/model recall to repair/replace the faulty compressor, right? Instead, customers have to shell out $80, maybe $100 today, for repair(s).

But that's not the end of the story. After the technician made the repair, I asked him to take a look at the AMASCo fan in the other bedroom bcoz it was starting to make a sound, just like the fan that needed repair. And he said: "Sorry, not my business. I came here to repair, not to look at yr other AMASCo fan. Call the service staff if you have any problem." What? $%%###1!!! The only way I could show my disgust with his behavior was to snub him and not offer him any coffee/snack. Which I usually do for all and any service person who come to my flat. Don't laugh, that's just me, hahaha. Maybe I should make a rude gesture instead? hahaha.

AMASCO? Every night we have to endure the click-criklity-crick irritation as the fan turns.. and I have then to get up and 'touch' certain lights to stop the sound...arrgghhh! Amasco? Forget it!

Edited by BlueFly

Yes, I can affirm haijitu's claims. I bought 2 units KDK ceiling fans and 2 units Amasco ceiling fans with 4 lighting attachments. The first KDK fan was installed in the living area, the second was not installed when I changed the plan for the dining area. The Amascos were installed, one in each bedrooms.

Why like that? Well, bcoz the KDK came with a remote control, very useful in a living area with guests around. Actually, I wanted to buy remotes for ALL the fans. But the Amasco model with the lighting attachments did not come with the remote control feature.

What has been my experience?

First, the KDK fan. The KDK still works very well after 3+ yrs today: no irritating grinding sound when the fan blade whirls, the remote control still works on the same battery since first installed!! Maybe it's time the battery should die out and be changed, hahaha ? The KDK fan blade is possibly the smallest amongst competing brands, so it does not provide as strong a wind as the others. But I tested it at the shop. And I found it was good and strong enough for me. Back home in my flat, under setting 3 - the highest speed - I could feel a strong gust on the sofa placed 6 feet away from the fan center. That is, the KDK fan has no problem cooling guests sitting within a 12-feet diameter of the fan. Under the lowset '1' setting, I could still get the wind, but this time it is a gentle breeze. Morever, as far as sound goes, the KDK fan only makes the unmistakable wind / fan whirling sound under setting 3, it doesn't give make any sound in the other 2 settings.

I would have no hesitation recommending KDK.

But Amasco? Forget it! Better get rid of the name in my vocab! What utter rubbish of a fan company. Let me explain: a few days before the 1-yr warranty expired, the fan gave off a rumbling spound, and soon stopped working right on the day the warranty expired! I didn't believe it, like so eerie, uncanny, and ghostly..? Well, I called for service with AMASCo. And you know what? Seemed the staff girl in the service dept knew exactly why I called. Before I could explain the reason for my call, she said: "I know, the compressor died and needs repair. Tpt $30 + spare compressor $50 = $80!. Pay the tech guy when he finishes the repair work. what's the address?"

It became clear to me that AMASCo fans have some built-in faulty compressor in some models, so much so that the service staff knew exactly what was wrong whenever any customer with the particular fan model called. If that is so, then the factory should be honorable - like Toyota, Honda, or any other ethical mfr'er, etc - they should rightly and immediately make a customer/model recall to repair/replace the faulty compressor, right? Instead, customers have to shell out $80, maybe $100 today, for repair(s).

But that's not the end of the story. After the technician made the repair, I asked him to take a look at the AMASCo fan in the other bedroom bcoz it was starting to make a sound, just like the fan that needed repair. And he said: "Sorry, not my business. I came here to repair, not to look at yr other AMASCo fan. Call the service staff if you have any problem." What? $%%###1!!! The only way I could show my disgust with his behavior was to snub him and not offer him any coffee/snack. Which I usually do for all and any service person who come to my flat. Don't laugh, that's just me, hahaha. Maybe I should make a rude gesture instead? hahaha.

AMASCO? Every night we have to endure the click-criklity-crick irritation as the fan turns.. and I have then to get up and 'touch' certain lights to stop the sound...arrgghhh! Amasco? Forget it!

Moral of the story.....by only KDK.

I looking for KDK Fan, not sure if i should get M11SU(44") or V56K for my bed room. partly due to i have the round light near to the fan.

Edited by lotusroott

I'm using fanco for my living rm and master bed room. 4 years already still good. The only thing is mine is the wooden blade, I feel it's not very powerful. I would consider getting acrylic blades instead for my next purchase. Hopefully it would be better.