Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
htng

Titling Of Hdb Main Door

Hi

Anyone manage to tilt their main door or going to do so? Share methods, how to do it, approval procedure etc.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi

Anyone manage to tilt their main door or going to do so? Share methods, how to do it, approval procedure etc.

My main dr was tilted too. No need to get approval, apply also no use. Wont get approved. Mine was a made to measure new frame. Mounting frame on frame also can but my contractor complain very leh chey. Master Chang also said cannot have gap between frames.

My main dr was tilted too. No need to get approval, apply also no use. Wont get approved. Mine was a made to measure new frame. Mounting frame on frame also can but my contractor complain very leh chey. Master Chang also said cannot have gap between frames.

Interesting. For our place, we decided to apply for approval for this procedure. However, i think we won't be tilt-ing the iron gate.

Master Chang also never said anything about the gap between frames (of wood door and the iron gate). Maybe i should ask him about this again.

Interesting. For our place, we decided to apply for approval for this procedure. However, i think we won't be tilt-ing the iron gate.

Master Chang also never said anything about the gap between frames (of wood door and the iron gate). Maybe i should ask him about this again.

Great! Can we mount a wooden frame onto the current metal frame? Master chang told me no last time. Interesting, I will handsketch and ask him tonight. Let's share our ideas here!

Everyone, thank u so much for sharing. Cheers!

I advise those who going to tilt their main door to go private instead of discussing this openly in the forum. You don't know who is looking here.

Tilting of main door is illegal. Imagine your neighbors kpo or you offended your neighbors, they complain to HDB and officer comes to your place, they will ask you to tilt it back else prepare to pay summon.

Imagine further if you tilt it back, the entire fengshui will be wrong and more cost will incur and most likely you will move house after 5 years period because the feng shui that is formatted is base on the angle of your main door.

I advise those who going to tilt their main door to go private instead of discussing this openly in the forum. You don't know who is looking here.

Tilting of main door is illegal. Imagine your neighbors kpo or you offended your neighbors, they complain to HDB and officer comes to your place, they will ask you to tilt it back else prepare to pay summon.

Imagine further if you tilt it back, the entire fengshui will be wrong and more cost will incur and most likely you will move house after 5 years period because the feng shui that is formatted is base on the angle of your main door.

Hi

Thank you so much for your comment. I don't see why tilting of main door is illegal? Can you point out a clause that says it is illegal in black and white? My contractor mention there are people who submitted the permit and got approved.

Well, seek truth with facts and not by assumption and gut feel

I can't point out a clause stating that. If anyone who wants to tilt their door, best advice is to submit for approval.

"Do whatever you want but don't get caught" :D

dear all...

my main door will b tilting tis week..my id managed to find a contractor who able to do it WITHOUT changing the main door & metal gate & approval has already been sought frm HDB....it is something like adding someting to the frame...which dat time master chang said can when he audited my house together with my id around...

tink i will get a clearer picture after it has been completed...and able to advise u guys...

hi htng

did try to pm u yesterday but ur inbox was full. so i will post it here on the tings u askd mi..

dun wories,no need to be confused...actuali ur toilet bowl can be shifted except that u have to pay $ for re-run of your sanitary piping...

i was asked to put salt in a vase beside my bed..

was also asked to close my toilet door when i m using dat bedroom which is my study rm.

each individual,the implementation will be different...if u gt many doubts,u can email him,dats wat i m doing..he is veli helpful though he takes sometime to reply the mail

Tilting of main door is not illegal but you must get HDB approval for HDB flats. I am one example who have got the official HDB letter of approval to slant the main door after my contractor apply for approval. However it takes a little longer for the approval like 4 weeks.

I agree here that we should do it with cautious and not solely dependent on ID/ Contractor/ FSM verbal info that such reno "No Need approval" or "apply also wont approved type" because the future implication lies with you and not the ID or contractor.

Some pictures of my in process slant door reno here:-

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...40&start=40

Tilting of main door is not illegal but you must get HDB approval for HDB flats. I am one example who have got the official HDB letter of approval to slant the main door after my contractor apply for approval. However it takes a little longer for the approval like 4 weeks.

I agree here that we should do it with cautious and not solely dependent on ID/ Contractor/ FSM verbal info that such reno "No Need approval" or "apply also wont approved type" because the future implication lies with you and not the ID or contractor.

Some pictures of my in process slant door reno here:-

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...40&start=40

All this is up to individual. You got time to wait....I don't have. Who don't know got approval better? You probably are lucky that you haven't gone through what I've been through....no fun going for another operation.

All this is up to individual. You got time to wait....I don't have. Who don't know got approval better? You probably are lucky that you haven't gone through what I've been through....no fun going for another operation.

well, now contractor dare not do because they are worry they get license revoke.