Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coldflamez

Finally! Our Cosy Sty...

Eh.. if everything is under the platform storage... How do you wash your floor? Wouldn't water seep into it?

We have laminate flooring in the room, so we are definitely not washing the floor! :D

We just use vacuum cleaner or the magic clean mop to wipe the platform once a week. So far so good.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
We have laminate flooring in the room, so we are definitely not washing the floor! :D

We just use vacuum cleaner or the magic clean mop to wipe the platform once a week. So far so good.

i was also thinking... what if you spill your drink? will the water seep through the platform storage? how you counter this problem?

maybe... no food and drinks allowed in the room :lol:

i was also thinking... what if you spill your drink? will the water seep through the platform storage? how you counter this problem?

maybe... no food and drinks allowed in the room :lol:

I don't know if water will seep inside and i'm not going to try!! lol. :D

Anyway, i normally only drink plain water from my water bottle, so it should be alright lah..

Hi Coldflamez,

thanks for the contact, just met up with Mr Alan, wait for his quotes to be back, so how is the platform, giving any problems? possible to email me your quotation? kenlim_76@hotmail.com.

I need to see whether his quotes is reasonable or not? Did he throw in any freebies? Who was your designer? Thanks

hi, the platform is fine so far, and we still have plenty of storage space left! :P

Maintenance wise, just a slight issue is that i'll need to use a vacuum cleaner to suck between the gaps as i can't clean it with a cloth. Other than that, there's no other problems.

We came up with the design of the house ourselves as we hired him just as a contractor. But we were quite pleasantly surprised when he actually got his staff to produce 3d drawings for us. :)

I'll say that his quotes are quite reasonable, but you''ll need to do your homework too if you wish to negotiate harder to get a good price. (tip: it really pays to build up a gd relationship, as many people in renotalk will tell you. :D )

We also managed to get some simple stuffs thrown in free along the way, e.g. a small cabinet to hide the db box, manpower to help put up our DIY tv console.

Will email you the quote, although some prices might have gone up slightly due to higher manpower cost now..

You can check with advancer also to get feedback on Alan's work. :)

Here's our wardrobe with pole system. Hehe, can see that the side and top of the wardrobe is not painted as i took these pics during the reno. Now it's cramped full of clothes, so used these old photos instead to show the layout of the interior.

wardrobe.jpg

Hi coldflamez,

could you please PM me the contact of the contractor who did your platform bed? I'm looking around for someone to revamp my room. Thanks!

Hi coldflamez,

could you please PM me the contact of the contractor who did your platform bed? I'm looking around for someone to revamp my room. Thanks!

Hey, can PM me Alan's contacts too? Thanks!

Sorry i took so long to reply.haven't checked my t-blog for some time, haha...

Hope you guys get a good quote from Alan. :)

Sorry i took so long to reply.haven't checked my t-blog for some time, haha...

Hope you guys get a good quote from Alan. :)

Hi coldflamez can provide Alan's contact number to me as well? :)

misc030.jpg

ohh, you can see that from this picture... Of cos you can expand it if you have the space. We didn't expand too much as we wanted more space for our wardrobe. Hope this helps. :)

Hi coldflamez, can I know which brand of laminate flooring did u use? And do u remember the color code? thanks! :)

by the way, was it your house being featured on Sunday Times today? :D