Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mery

Looking For An Id/Contractor

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Right. Everyone knows that finding a contractor is a cheaper way. I came across a thread that mention that nowadays contractors are flooded with renovation work and if ID gets a few deals is consider very good already.

If browse through the forum, many recommend good IDs but not contractors? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Contractors on the another hand, are they accredited from HDB? Do they have a company? If they do, their company name should be like ABC Contractors and not XXX Interior design?

I don't know. I'm still looking for contractors but can't seem to find any.

Right. Everyone knows that finding a contractor is a cheaper way. I came across a thread that mention that nowadays contractors are flooded with renovation work and if ID gets a few deals is consider very good already.

If browse through the forum, many recommend good IDs but not contractors? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Contractors on the another hand, are they accredited from HDB? Do they have a company? If they do, their company name should be like ABC Contractors and not XXX Interior design?

I don't know. I'm still looking for contractors but can't seem to find any.

Regardless of ID or Contractor, anyone/entity who is doing any work for an HDB unit should have an HDB license. Yes, they have a company otherwise, they would get in trouble during tax filings and such.

I am using contractor not an ID. Let me know if you need the contacts.

Guest zan
WOW

Within 3 days from posting in the forum asking for ID, you search high and low and found ben, and he give you the quotes and design? Plus you compared quotes from other ID as well? So you know his pricing is reasonable?

Do share with us the pics and quotes if possible. Otherwise its just hard to believe.

errrrr.....ok u can email me at rinazan@live.com if u wanna see any pics or quotation

I would recommend A&D Interior. The guy i dealt with was Raymond, a funny guy although one may not notice by looking at his face :P He's responsive and not so calculative after you've engaged him.

But i must say after comparing 3 contractors, i found A&D's pricing cannot be considered as cheap. I struggled for a while and then decided to engage Raymond because i felt more secure talking to him.

Overall, the workmanship is good. There're some minor problems here and there, but as long as we were able to spot those problems, Raymond and his team were fast to attend to our concern (my wife and I would visit the house at night, after every major work like painting, polishing of marble floor, installation of kitchen cabinet and etc. We will call him immediately when we spotted any problem). Eventually, the project completed on time on target :)

Contractor... no need to engage an id to do what ur contractor can do, as long as u know what u want.. =)

I agree with you, mine oso done by a contractor. house done up liao and staying liao. What is important is to save $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :D

• Like 1

Hi, can try to get quote from my Contractor. My house is still in the mid of reno and completed soon, so far so good. And his quote for me is the few lowest i get. Anyone need his contact can PM me.

And you can always ask someone else to provide a 3D drawing for your concept for visualization also.

Hi there,

im a newbie and getting my keys in jul for my 2 bedder unit. Could u provide me with the contacts of anyone who can provide a 3D drawing? I roughly know what i want for the house but my biggest headache is actually the kitchen. not sure what to do with it yet. If possible, can i also have the contacts of contractors who does 3D drawings as well? i think i would feel so much more at ease, seeing how the idea would be conceptualized visually. Thanks so much in advance for all your help!!!

cheers!

janvida@gmail.com

Hi

I am also looking for a contractor/ID.. Have not decide on the options.

Will like to hear from 2. Will all ID bring u to their private source of supplier? Cant i just get them to draw 3D for me and we source for our materials?

Is it really cheaper in that way? As i am on budget..+ new into these.

I am going to reno my 5 room in HG.

Can anyone send me their contacts of contractor/ID to sumhuiwen@yahoo.com? Those that u find them good and reasonable in their quotes..as i am on budget..

TIA.

Becareful of some recommendation because some are self advert. Those new members with little posts and majority of their posting is to reccomend on particular ID are always highly suspicious. Some register just to advert and disappear.

I just bought my 5 room flat and looking for contractor to do simple renovation. The contractor must be good and reliable.

Many thanks in advance if anybody can recommend to me.

Hi all,

Since it was from this website that I got the help I need, i thot I should pay-it-forward :)

Last Dec I got in contact with a contractor name Ben Ching (I call him ah Ben), after some discussion & consultation with him I decided to let him proceed with my home renovations.

I must say he did a fabulous job for me with a what must say a rather low budget, and really short time.

Initially I thot I should go to big companies as they are more reliable, but I found that their quotations were all mostly on the high side.

I guess what I liked the most about Ben is his sincerity to me (The first time he met me he said that even if I decided not to use him he would still give me consultation for free so that I will not be cheated) and his experience in this line - some of his advices were really good (example: he taught me about using C-Channel for my skirting instead of the normal design due to my uneven wall, top kitchen cupboard that open upwards etc). As for the low price he quoted me, he mentioned something about his sources from Malaysia that's why he can quote me cheaper than the rest, hm..ok I better not share his trade secrets.

You can send an email to him at simplyyoudesign@hotmail.com to contact him. I dont want to put up his personal number here to prevent plank calls, dont want to sabo him. But if you are interested just email him, he usually checks his email on his mobile so should respond to you fast enough.

Disclaimer: I am not getting any commission for doing this! Haha... but I guess part of it out of gratitude for ah Ben.

Ok, just doing my bit for this community, going back to work...

Randy

Hi Randy,

Seems like this Ben is indeed a very good person to work with. Haha... Can cut cost as well. Will try to send him an email for my house reno too.