Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Henry - ID note?? haa my contract with him too. :thumbs up:

hey mix, your contractor is henry from ID Note? i haven't engaged my contractor yet..but Henry's one of the few I shortlisted to do site visits. will be seeing him tmr! has your reno started?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hey mix, your contractor is henry from ID Note? i haven't engaged my contractor yet..but Henry's one of the few I shortlisted to do site visits. will be seeing him tmr! has your reno started?

Reno starts 21 Mar...sigh, this day (a Sunday) an auspicious date to start work. So will knock the ceramic floor myself first, symbolise 开工!!

yeah :dribble:

ooh ok, you must be really anxious to start then! we won't be picking any auspicious date for our reno..hahaha once 2nd appt over, don't wait anymore, start liao! cannot wait to move into our own place..we've moved 7 times in the last 8 years!

good luck with your reno and have fun!

ooh ok, you must be really anxious to start then! we won't be picking any auspicious date for our reno..hahaha once 2nd appt over, don't wait anymore, start liao! cannot wait to move into our own place..we've moved 7 times in the last 8 years!

good luck with your reno and have fun!

thank ahh...

looking at our reno timeline, if (reno work) everything on schedule, yrs should be in time to start.

Stay in touch!

Wow!!!u so early pay agent fees ah?should pay during 2nd appointment ma.make sure u pay ur Reno is part by part and not lump sum in case contractor run away. :P

Ya lor . But dun worry , most contractor wouldn't collect full payment b4 u start reno one. If they ask for full payment , then somthing must be wrong :)

Hope u have a good discussion with Henry :)

hey simon, thanks! yep finally after such a long wait. i'll be seeing henry tmr! he sounded really friendly on the phone.. :) he was the friendliest of all the contractors i called. shall update next week after i've met him!

Hey Lilithfiend

U meeting Henry tmr ah? :D I also asking him to quote and he say he busy can only quote me on coming sat which is tmr!! when u see him, help me gently remind him he owe me (Samantha) a quotation :P

Did u source other contractors too?

Good luck on your reno too! Shun Shun ah!!

thanks! if not for the location, we wouldn't have bought a 3-rm as we were looking for a 4-rm or bigger initially.

Valuation price $332k, purchase price $322k

How come so cheap? Below valuation? What a steal man...

Hey Lilithfiend

U meeting Henry tmr ah? :D I also asking him to quote and he say he busy can only quote me on coming sat which is tmr!! when u see him, help me gently remind him he owe me (Samantha) a quotation :P

Did u source other contractors too?

Good luck on your reno too! Shun Shun ah!!

hey..sorry i only saw your message this morning so didn't help you to remind henry about the quote! yep, we met with 5 contractors over the weekend. henry was late for almost an hour!! :o he came with another guy. we were done pretty quick cos since he was late, another contractor was already waiting. sheesh...so paiseh leh..

How come so cheap? Below valuation? What a steal man...

thanks.. :) actually the valuation is very high for a 3-rm flat, justifiable only by its location. it's in original condition as you can see from the pics so we managed to nego it below value.

hey..sorry i only saw your message this morning so didn't help you to remind henry about the quote! yep, we met with 5 contractors over the weekend. henry was late for almost an hour!! :o he came with another guy. we were done pretty quick cos since he was late, another contractor was already waiting. sheesh...so paiseh leh..

No prob, dun sweat abt it. But am still patiently waiting for his quote. most likely he really so busy until he forgets.

it seems whenever "Everton Park" comes up, its almost always childhood memories for people. for us, we look forward to those memories! haha..i had no idea where everton park was before we bought this place..but love the location and the sleepiness of the neighbourhood.

Everton Park...the place where me and my mates "jia chua" during reservist breaks... :P

its one of those blocks near to the railway right?

Site Visits - Round One

crooked-contractors-00.jpg

This was the first weekend after our first appointment. Very gan cheong to get moving and so, invited five contractors down. Of these five, four already knew what our requirements were and already gave us a preliminary quote via email. We are working on a tight budget and hence, our first criteria is price.

Here are the five:

1) Henry from ID Note

Henry was late for almost an hour! To his credit, he did apologise several times and explained that he was late because he set his GPS navigator to Everton Road instead. Not sure if that's an excuse cos Everton Road is pretty near to my place, only like a 5 mins drive max. Anyway, we went through my requirements really quickly as I had another contractor waiting. He told me that it wasn't possible to level the kitchen and living. And that if we do cement screeding, the floors will definitely crack.

2) B&E Builders

The only lady we met the whole day. She seemed nice, not too outstanding and no red flags either. When I asked if her company had experience doing cement screeded floors, her response was "Of course!", as if I'm asking her if they have experience tiling. She is a sales rep so she spent more time writing notes and making sure she's got our measurement right than the rest.

3) Compact Builders

My hb and MIL's favorite. He was the first guy we met, and was waiting for us at the door when we reached. Then once my MIL realised he was Baba, case closed. Sharing the same heritage meant they made easy conversation. Also helped that we shared the same surname. He showed alot of experience in cement screeding, talking about doing cement flooring for carparks and hair salons. Told me it wasn't necessary to lay stainless steel strips - "add cost only, for what?". He say even if crack, also can plaster back. We like him, and as of now, he ranks first.

4) Colorado Design

This poor guy came on time but was kept waiting since Henry before him was late. Sounds really experienced, gave valid suggestions like boxing up the kitchen mega pipes since we were doing open-concept kitchen-hall, plus we aren't doing the top cabinets. Suggested hacking only half the kitchen-living hall to create a counter top to put cups etc.

5) Effulgent Builder

Responsible and friendly contractor. Shared that most of his clients are referrals and become friends. Sounded like he had alot of experience of cement screeded floors too. Told me he recently handed over a shophouse unit nearby at Spottiswoode Park that he did cement floors for. Said levelling of kitchen and hall floors should not be a problem. He sounds a bit pricey though (even though his first quote was low enough for him to be shortlisted), telling me that his projects are mainly landed houses.

Round Two will be happening next Saturday. Hopefully can secure Yeak to come down, he was too busy to make it for Round One. Also speaking to Ossify, hopefully he can give me better prices! :D Ossify, are you reading this? :deal:

Everton Park...the place where me and my mates "jia chua" during reservist breaks... :P

its one of those blocks near to the railway right?

lol..no la, those blocks near the railway are newer. Mine is behind the police cantonment complex..

btw, ihearttorres.jpg too! funny how we're living at everton park. my hb says at least we're on merseyside..lol..

lol..no la, those blocks near the railway are newer. Mine is behind the police cantonment complex..

btw, ihearttorres.jpg too! funny how we're living at everton park. my hb says at least we're on merseyside..lol..

oh? more 'Liverpool and Torres' fans in the house also are we? haha.. :thumbs up:

Lol...thats a good one...u guys are definitely on the 'merseyside'! ;)

should build my next Anfield there if got chance.. :D

This is so funny. U and your hubb so cute. :D