Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
oh tpy! good location..lots of amenities! wow you actually did those stuff on your own? :jawdrop:

so are you planning to start reno soon?

very easy to DIY one, cordless screwdriver, power drill with different drill bits, just take out out...hehehe.... cos if i leave it to my contractors i worried may just take shortcut, those predrilled holes never clean out the wallplugs and just putty over.....

reno gg to start after the seventh month ends.... ;p

Hey, I like your total revamp!!, very nice indeed, esp the kitchen/bath area.

May I just ask how much was the total reno cost, excluding furnitures?

I am sorry if this has been has aksed umpteen times..

Many thanks!!

Edited by Always Happy

WOW! Nice Transformation :D :D

Looks like a cosy boutique hotel now :yeah:

Especially this set of windows reminds me of a Chic Peranakan Residence

Congrats :D

... oh ya...

LURVE your Loo too... :yeah:

Altho is sounds weird... typing it... :lol::P

haha thanks kor69..:) the boutique hotel thingy never really struck me till you said it. that must be the biggest compliment we've gotten so far. thank you! :D and the windows were designed by my hb who is peranakan, so i suppose it makes sense..lol..

I kaypoh come about... LOVE the before and after photos!!! I love the kitchen and the toilet area! GREAT difference! :)

thanks pinkpetter! yes the kitchen and bathroom have the largest difference (and the largest cost as well)..its hard to pinpoint my favorite place in the house though. i love the hall as i spend so much time on the couch watching telly, but i also love the bathroom and the MBR (bare as it is right now) since i love to sleep :P

very easy to DIY one, cordless screwdriver, power drill with different drill bits, just take out out...hehehe.... cos if i leave it to my contractors i worried may just take shortcut, those predrilled holes never clean out the wallplugs and just putty over.....

reno gg to start after the seventh month ends.... ;p

i left it to my contractors to remove the fixtures on their own..cannot imagine having to do it on my own! just cleaning and unpacking the house makes me want to peng san already..you are really :good::bow:

Hey, I like your total revamp!!, very nice indeed, esp the kitchen/bath area.

May I just ask how much was the total reno cost, excluding furnitures?

I am sorry if this has been has aksed umpteen times..

Many thanks!!

thanks your nick makes me happy! :D the total reno cost is around $23k without fixtures & furniture..

Edited by lilithfiend

oh tpy! good location..lots of amenities! wow you actually did those stuff on your own? :jawdrop:

so are you planning to start reno soon?

i think should be blk 7 ba..haha i dun keep track of the other block numbers but there's only one coffeeshop in the neighbourhood. how come always have dinner at that coffeeshop? u live/work around there? the food's pretty ok, drinks are really pricey and zichar no standard. but as i said, only one coffeeshop so just have to make do..

i'm currently living very near to everton park. so after work will usually meet with wife and have dinner there. haha

agreed that the drinks are pricey. i normally only eat either the western food, fish soup, indian food or mix vege rice. tried the roast duck rice once but find it too dry for my liking

oohhh....carpeting the whole utility room? that going to cost a bomb?

Edited by samgalz

oohhh....carpeting the whole utility room? that going to cost a bomb?

hey sam, sorry for late response..very lazy to come to RT these days.. :P

Its not very expensive la..thats a misconception..

Over the weekend, we got the carpet tiles from a warehouse at Defu Lane. For the utility room, we chose tiles that cost $3.80 per pc, total 30 pcs (24 to be used, 6 to be stored for future replacements). So total cost only $114. We bought a tin of glue for $14. Went home, did the installation ourselves (apparently installation costs $250 if we engage a professional to do it!).

hey sam, sorry for late response..very lazy to come to RT these days.. :P

Its not very expensive la..thats a misconception..

Over the weekend, we got the carpet tiles from a warehouse at Defu Lane. For the utility room, we chose tiles that cost $3.80 per pc, total 30 pcs (24 to be used, 6 to be stored for future replacements). So total cost only $114. We bought a tin of glue for $14. Went home, did the installation ourselves (apparently installation costs $250 if we engage a professional to do it!).

By the way, another disappointing season ahead for Liverpool this season with the lack of funds to compete with the big boys. Hey, any club want to buy Lucas for 20M pounds?

By the way, another disappointing season ahead for Liverpool this season with the lack of funds to compete with the big boys. Hey, any club want to buy Lucas for 20M pounds?

yes indeed england..but its still a little early in the season to raise the white flag. lucas for 20M? that's a joke, i think a more appropriate figure would be 2M pounds. he's quite useless. if only rafa had understood that - use less.

yes indeed england..but its still a little early in the season to raise the white flag. lucas for 20M? that's a joke, i think a more appropriate figure would be 2M pounds. he's quite useless. if only rafa had understood that - use less.

Lucas is the least of Liverpool's worries. He is a useful young player who is good at keeping possession, unfortunately he is made a scape goat for our ineptness last season by the ignorant english media. Lucas can be a very good squad player.

Focusing on Lucas is like focusing on the pimple on your left *** cheek, when u have cancer. The cancer that is eating away at the club are the american owners. Do your part in saving Liverpool...join SOS http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

Lucas is the least of Liverpool's worries. He is a useful young player who is good at keeping possession, unfortunately he is made a scape goat for our ineptness last season by the ignorant english media. Lucas can be a very good squad player.

Focusing on Lucas is like focusing on the pimple on your left *** cheek, when u have cancer. The cancer that is eating away at the club are the american owners. Do your part in saving Liverpool...join SOS http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

EXACTLY!

Lucas isn't really that bad a player, just a scape goat rather than Gerrard who had quite a number of less than stellar games last season coz he isn't English.

i've said it before, but the players we have now aren't the best, (especially after we sell Masch!!) but that's the least of our problems!! If those carpet-baggers remain as owners of Liverpool... I won't be surprised if we end up in the Championship soon...

Surprise Visitor

Yesterday evening, we received a surprise visit by our HDB technical officer. He came to do an inspection on our reno works - walked around, looked at the walls & entryways that were relocated/hacked/built. He said everything was okay, except "how come your door got no number?". We haven't put up the numbers yet (still trying to find nice ones), he said it was just a small issue (duh). It was pretty brief and we were glad to get it over and done with! :sport-smiley-003:

Surprise Visitor

Yesterday evening, we received a surprise visit by our HDB technical officer. He came to do an inspection on our reno works - walked around, looked at the walls & entryways that were relocated/hacked/built. He said everything was okay, except "how come your door got no number?". We haven't put up the numbers yet (still trying to find nice ones), he said it was just a small issue (duh). It was pretty brief and we were glad to get it over and done with! :sport-smiley-003:

:o wah ...

did not know got HDB surprise checks ones :o

must serve Tea and Cakes? :disturb:

:yamseng:

:o wah ...

did not know got HDB surprise checks ones :o

must serve Tea and Cakes? :disturb:

:yamseng:

ya i got a shock when i opened the door and he flashed his HDB card at me. so to those who are thinking of flouting the rules, think twice..they will check one!!

the faster he left, the better. somemore want to serve tea & cakes?! lol :rolleyes:

ya i got a shock when i opened the door and he flashed his HDB card at me. so to those who are thinking of flouting the rules, think twice..they will check one!!

Waaa.. got spot-check one?

Prehaps to check for illegal subletting?

Did he armed himself with your floorplan? :sport-smiley-018: