Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Waaa.. got spot-check one?

Prehaps to check for illegal subletting?

Did he armed himself with your floorplan? :sport-smiley-018:

i think cos we went thru a few rounds with him on our permit. they kept rejecting, we kept adjusting and re-applying until they finally approved.

yep he had our floorplan with all the requested modifications highlighted in different colours..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Surprise Visitor

Yesterday evening, we received a surprise visit by our HDB technical officer. He came to do an inspection on our reno works - walked around, looked at the walls & entryways that were relocated/hacked/built. He said everything was okay, except "how come your door got no number?". We haven't put up the numbers yet (still trying to find nice ones), he said it was just a small issue (duh). It was pretty brief and we were glad to get it over and done with! :sport-smiley-003:

did u ask if he surfs renotalk.... :dribble:

ya i got a shock when i opened the door and he flashed his HDB card at me. so to those who are thinking of flouting the rules, think twice..they will check one!!

the faster he left, the better. somemore want to serve tea & cakes?! lol :rolleyes:

the TO is it ah pek or young guy? :rolleyes:

if young guy maybe he oso surf RT and sniff out for anything odd....hehehe

Edited by neubie

Guest Goobii

wow .. didn't know HDB man also will visit.... I thought only see paper and if approved just chop..

did u ask if he surfs renotalk.... :dribble:

haha no i didn't...maybe he's HDB Officer in disguise.

the TO is it ah pek or young guy? :rolleyes:

if young guy maybe he oso surf RT and sniff out for anything odd....hehehe

he's a young guy..not sure whether he surfs RT or not but if i were him, i would..makes my job easier :rolleyes:

wow .. didn't know HDB man also will visit.... I thought only see paper and if approved just chop..

yep thats what we thought as well..now i'm just relieved we didn't try to do anything funny like modify our pipes etc..

Dear Renotalkers,

Need your help!

See, hb and i have been having a disagreement. We both agree that our renovation has increased the value of our house, just like every other renovation. Thing is we cannot agree on how much the value has increased by. Short of engaging valuers to come value our place, i thought i'd gather some opinions from you guys.

So, please help by answering this simple question:

How much COV would you pay for this flat?

(..assuming we are selling lah)

Some quick facts about the place:

- Size: 72sqm, 3I (upgraded with utility room)

- Lease commenced: 1980

- 06 to 10 storey

- 3 mins walk to Outram MRT

- 5 mins to CBD/Chinatown

- 8 mins to Sentosa/ViVoCity

- 10 mins to Town

All opinions are welcome. TIA! :yamseng:

Dear Renotalkers,

Need your help!

See, hb and i have been having a disagreement. We both agree that our renovation has increased the value of our house, just like every other renovation. Thing is we cannot agree on how much the value has increased by. Short of engaging valuers to come value our place, i thought i'd gather some opinions from you guys.

So, please help by answering this simple question:

How much COV would you pay for this flat?

(..assuming we are selling lah)

Some quick facts about the place:

- Size: 72sqm, 3I (upgraded with utility room)

- Lease commenced: 1980

- 06 to 10 storey

- 3 mins walk to Outram MRT

- 5 mins to CBD/Chinatown

- 8 mins to Sentosa/ViVoCity

- 10 mins to Town

All opinions are welcome. TIA! :yamseng:

wah sis, dun quarrel over this petty issues la.... your palace do until so nice nice is to stay one, valuations u can see one year later lor.... for my case, my val was done feb 2010....when the time my 2nd appt over in july, the valuation of similar flat (but lower level than mine) already up more than 8k liao loh..... so i can be sure that ur place at least 10k ....

not >30k for me as yours is a corridor unit.

actually the value of the flat is already considered in the valuation report (including the renovation). what not considered maybe is the view of the flat. that's why most flats now are asking way above their value! i'm sorry if this is not a preferred answer. :(

wah sis, dun quarrel over this petty issues la.... your palace do until so nice nice is to stay one, valuations u can see one year later lor.... for my case, my val was done feb 2010....when the time my 2nd appt over in july, the valuation of similar flat (but lower level than mine) already up more than 8k liao loh..... so i can be sure that ur place at least 10k ....

hey neubie...haha thanks but its not a big issue la. just that i've been wanting to install a mirror in the hall but hb thinks there's no point spending so much on reno and then we got into this COV debate. i think we can command higher COV with nicer reno while he thinks there's only so much COV we can get..sigh!

not >30k for me as yours is a corridor unit.

actually the value of the flat is already considered in the valuation report (including the renovation). what not considered maybe is the view of the flat. that's why most flats now are asking way above their value! i'm sorry if this is not a preferred answer. :(

hi mach, thanks for your input. understand your points completely..i just wanted to get a feel of how much COV we can get if we sell the house (not gonna happen since we have the MOP). just a theoretical question..

hi mach, thanks for your input. understand your points completely..i just wanted to get a feel of how much COV we can get if we sell the house (not gonna happen since we have the MOP). just a theoretical question..

if i'm not wrong, your MOP is 1yr, so u can start advertising coming march! by then, Everton pk valuation might be up another 10% cos the KTM is relocating in july.

if i'm not wrong, your MOP is 1yr, so u can start advertising coming march! by then, Everton pk valuation might be up another 10% cos the KTM is relocating in july.

nope, we took the first timers' grant which means we're on a 5 year MOP...long way to go! yes they are redeveloping the area quite aggressively so we have much to look forward to..

nope, we took the first timers' grant which means we're on a 5 year MOP...long way to go! yes they are redeveloping the area quite aggressively so we have much to look forward to..

i see, 5 yr is fast, by then Everton pk might not be far from SERS since the upgarding was done at least 3-5yrs back? my flat is not far from yours, tg pagar plaza.

Edited by mach668

i see, 5 yr is fast, by then Everton pk might not be far from SERS since the upgarding was done at least 3-5yrs back? my flat is not far from yours, tg pagar plaza. OTP in nov.

yeah, this place is under the Old Guard.... priority comes first here....

i see, 5 yr is fast, by then Everton pk might not be far from SERS since the upgarding was done at least 3-5yrs back? my flat is not far from yours, tg pagar plaza. OTP in nov.

actually, i already asked my TO about the possibility of SERS, he told me that since they are now upgrading the lifts at the other blocks, chances of SERS are pretty slim. your place is really convenient too with NTUC just downstairs..do you work in tg pagar? after i've moved to everton, i keep wishing i was working in the CBD area... :rolleyes:

yeah, this place is under the Old Guard.... priority comes first here....

yep thats kinda true i suppose..anything not happy, complain lor..lol :P

actually, i already asked my TO about the possibility of SERS, he told me that since they are now upgrading the lifts at the other blocks, chances of SERS are pretty slim. your place is really convenient too with NTUC just downstairs..do you work in tg pagar? after i've moved to everton, i keep wishing i was working in the CBD area... :rolleyes:

tot most of the flats there are upgraded? i've seen a corner 3.5rm at blk 4 late last yr, asking for ard 400k, saw other flats from there and tot all upgraded? SERS should happen in 10-20yrs, otherwise your reno cost is wasted! and in exchange you get a central area new flat, not a bad deal if you can wait.

my wife work is walking dist for her.

Edited by mach668