Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seowleng

Jb Ceiling Fan Shopping

Hi,

New to this Renotalk and have read some interesting talks on Reno.

Learnt that if we go JB to buy ceiling fans, it will be much cheaper (40~50%) than Spore. I drive lorry and do not have car.Lorry cannot go Malaysia.

was wondering if anyone has this interest of driving up and mass purchase to bargain for a better price. Those have car dive, those without car share petrol price. haha...any suggestions are welcomed.

Planning a Sat becoz heard one of the bros here saying they close on Sunday.

Is anyone interested in a 'JB Ceiling Fan/Lights/Taps Shopping" in JB?

1) Me - considering 3 KDK fans -- no Car

2)

3)

4)

5)

can PM me or SMS me at 9.435-2467. (Long)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I was already originally planning to buy my fans in JB, since I have to drive in once or twice a week for work (the factory is in JB). Don't mind doing this and can fit 3 more people in my car.

BTW Seowleng, I can drive you into JB but how do we bring back more than 6 ceiling fans???

Thanks patsy_sg for your kind offer!

i know there is no head and end to this planning..becoz i also dun know how to start. I wonder if they do delievry to Spore if we can gather a lot of orders...

any suggestions from experience JB shoppers? haha...

Thanks patsy_sg for your kind offer!

i know there is no head and end to this planning..becoz i also dun know how to start. I wonder if they do delievry to Spore if we can gather a lot of orders...

any suggestions from experience JB shoppers? haha...

I am not too sure whether they deliver. But, i have bought quite a number of things from JB for my house renovation which included fans, lights, switches, toilet accessories, instant heater (storage heater price is comparable to Singapore). For lights, i only bought T8 and T5 fluorescent lights from there because its must cheaper there. Downlight wise, if you do not mind of china brand bulb and less sturdy casing, its cheaper there also. Otherwise, try to get it either in lighting.com or litefusion or somewhere else which is cheaper in singapore.

Fans is quite cheap if you go for KDK, because it is make in Malaysia, it could be 30% to 50% cheaper. However, Elmark and Alpha is somewhere around 20~30%. Do note that KDK stock is running low in quite a number of shops because the brand itself is selling very well. So, the advise is to go in there during one fine weekend to look for a few shops and check whether they have stock for the KDK fan you want. If not, ask them when the stock will be in or just place an order for it.

By the way, you will need to declare all the items you buy in Singapore custom. They will charge you a 7% GST on everything. But, you will be entitled for a SGD50 relief per person (for less than 24hrs away from Singapore), SGD100 relief per person (for between 24hrs to 48hrs away from singapore), and SGD300 (for 48hrs and above). This actually means, if you have bought RM1000 of goods in malaysia, you will be charged (take the exchange rate to be at SGD1 = 2.40) :-

1. (less than 24hrs), (RM1000-SGD50x2.40) x 7% = RM61.60 of GST

2. (between 24hrs and 48hrs), (RM1000-SGD100x2.40) x 7% = RM53.20 of GST

3. (more than 48hrs), (RM1000-SGD300x2.40) x 7% = RM19.60 of GST

Do note that, the relief is per person, and it is only applicable to Singapore citizen and PR only. (If you have more than 1 citizen or PR in the same car, the relief will be multiple by the number of citizen or PR). More information can be located in GST relieft

Enjoy shopping!

Edited by ahbiang

I just bought this panasonic fan which is same as this kdk model. Both models around the same price but the panasonic one is slightly shorter from ceiling to blade dimension.

Paid RM410 for it which I believe is almost half price

http://www.panasonic.com.my/web/pid/5501

http://www.kdk.com.my/p_ceiling_fans_k_14Z9.asp

Didnt source those small shops but bought it from Jusco JB

Ahbiang>> thank you for your clear explanation.

Eugela >> did u drive in or take the new train ride? Which model (KDK) is the same price as the panasonic model u bought? I'm more interested to buy KDK if I go all the way in to buy.

Thank you.

apart from the usual KDK fans, JB also does sell fans like the Alpha, crestar etc....managed to buy our lights from this JB shop along the way to Jusco Tebrau. It's called Fancy Lighting. They also sell the fans mentioned above. Seems to be half price of those selling in s'pore.

apart from the usual KDK fans, JB also does sell fans like the Alpha, crestar etc....managed to buy our lights from this JB shop along the way to Jusco Tebrau. It's called Fancy Lighting. They also sell the fans mentioned above. Seems to be half price of those selling in s'pore.

I just went in JB yesterday to buy total of 4 KDK fans for my new house, price is RM$580 for the latest 60" and RM$480 for the latest 54", heard from the shop owner that KDK going to increase price as they are selling like hot cakes, better buy fast.

I just went in JB yesterday to buy total of 4 KDK fans for my new house, price is RM$580 for the latest 60" and RM$480 for the latest 54", heard from the shop owner that KDK going to increase price as they are selling like hot cakes, better buy fast.

Hi, do u remember is there KDK stand fan? is it also cheaper?

From the KDK malaysia website, the stand fan is different from Singapore as base on their photos

saw mustafa selling KDK model A11YS with wireless remote controller and sleep mode at $185. is the price reasonable?

saw mustafa selling KDK model A11YS with wireless remote controller and sleep mode at $185. is the price reasonable?

I bought A11YS it for $165(include GST) at Jln Besar.

I bought A11YS it for $165(include GST) at Jln Besar.

Hi all,

I'm new here. Need some comments on installing ceiling fans at home. Recently saw a magazine featuring KDK ceiling fans, these houses are so beautiful but I think normal HDB flats may not be able to achieve those feel.

Buying ceiling fans in JB is cheaper? Is it safe? Because I heard from my friend that installing ceiling fans in Sg need to have PSB approval. I feel that it is safer to buy them in Singapore.

And also more convi for warranty/ after-sales service if anything goes wrong.

Buying ceiling fans in JB is cheaper? Is it safe? Because I heard from my friend that installing ceiling fans in Sg need to have PSB approval. I feel that it is safer to buy them in Singapore.

And also more convi for warranty/ after-sales service if anything goes wrong.

Hello Shiroi25,

Like you I'm a first timer in this renovation journey with lots of ignorance..

I have recently purchased Alpha V6 fan at half the price of what is retailing here RM$350 to be exact.

I remember she says there's warranty coverage, but of course it's going to be a hussle, to uninstall and bring back to JB.

Will be collecting the next weekend. I was told by my contractor that he is able to install the fan however

he may have issues if it requires balancing.

From what I understand, only wooden fans require balancing (do correct me if I'm wrong).

Hope this helps.