Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
minimalis

Restriction On Dogs In Condo?

We have a spunky terrier and I believe many non-dog owners will not understand the bond that dog owners can have.

Agreed. Used to have a Spitz and Shetland, both passed away. Now thinking of adopting one.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I once complained to condo manager abt one owner having more than 3 dogs, I took pictures & video of the dogs and wrote a letter to Agri-Food & Veterinary with this owner's adress, of course with my address attached as well. I wrote the letter out of condo manager's effect (talk to owner) did not work. After that letter, left 2 dogs.

And what happen to the other dog? If I am the owner, I will be very sad to part with them.

Agreed. Used to have a Spitz and Shetland, both passed away. Now thinking of adopting one.

I can't even think about the day when my little terrier will move on.. we keep snapping pics of him together with the family when we can right now...

One occasion, near security post, this owner's small dog unleashed, run toward my daughter and I wanted to kick fly that but that little run away, I talked to the owner asked him leash his dog in public, no more next chance. His act of leaving dog unleashed in public places is laible to be fined for $5,000 by AVA.

The owner may not have leashed the dog but there is no necessity to "kick fly" the dog, especially if u mentioned it is a small dog, that is cruel. Just carry your daughter out of the dog's way. Most small dogs just wanna play.

When our dog was still around, we were already teaching our nephews (1 and 2 years old) to love and play with the dog. We should not be introducing fear into children by saying dog will bite if your are naughty.

Hi all,

Would appreciate if you do not use this as a forum to complain about other pet owners. Our original question is whether legally they can do anything to our dog in this situation.

I ensure that he's on a leash everytime he's out of the house, I clean up after him, I do not let him approach strangers or kids. He does not bark, neither has he jumped up on anybody.

And get your facts right, Golden Retrievers are NOT required to be muzzled when they are out for their walks.

Obviously people here have not experienced the unconditional love that pets can give. Pity.

I love Golden Retrievers, their affection can really grow on you. My frens have them and one of them moved to a condo specially to keep her Golden Retriever. Labradors are also very affectionate.

Edited by TYM

We have a spunky terrier and I believe many non-dog owners will not understand the bond that dog owners can have. Having said so there are on the other hand dog owners who only have dogs because they are cute when young etc.

We adopted our terrier coz he was apparently lost or left to fend for himself.

Generally I think if you can't get any advise, just approach the condo mgt team and talk to them. As long as owners are responsible I don't think why there should be any problems.

Keep larger dogs need extra commitment like bringing them out for a good run etc. Gd Luck!

Thanks Phantom and TYM for the constructive conversation... rather than some people who seize every opportunity to rant about their peeve. I think the ST Forum's a better place for them.

Thanks Phantom and TYM for the constructive conversation... rather than some people who seize every opportunity to rant about their peeve. I think the ST Forum's a better place for them.

Although I'm a dog owner, our little one is like a family to us.

Even my mum who's terrified of dogs, love him to bits.

On the other hand, there are irresponsible owners who let the dogs defecate and don't clean up, very obvious in my estate.

The other thing about leashing, to me leashing of smaller dogs is more for the protection of the dog, in case they run away and get lost or banged down by a car. Larger dogs need to be leashed for the safety of others.

We do have to understand that other people might not understand that a GR is typically friendly, the likelihood of a GR attacking a human is low..

Unfortunately, local golden retrievers got some bad press recently.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/...102-111918.html

My neighbourhood is filled with golden retrievers, as well as toddlers.

These are nice dogs, but those highly energetic young golden retrievers tend to treat toddlers as bowling pins.

Oh well, guess we have to share our world.

i always thought golden retrievers made good man-best friends, influence by movies i muz admit

but after going through some experience with a few in dog walks and such. they are not violent dogs but can be quiet a sore to overcome their strength.

my small breed dog goes to 1 dog-stay in an hdb once , and in the particular apartment, there are 3 golden retrievers under day-care and several others.

I think they must be very careful not to cause a disturbance to their neighbors

Edited by velv

i always thought golden retrievers made good man-best friends, influence by movies i muz admit

but after going through some experience with a few in dog walks and such. they are not violent dogs but can be quiet a sore to overcome their strength.

my small breed dog goes to 1 dog-stay in an hdb once , and in the particular apartment, there are 3 golden retrievers under day-care and several others.

I think they must be very careful not to cause a disturbance to their neighbors

Just to share. When young in Kunpong, I kena bite twice, chased by dogs many times, including on bicycle. I did keep dogs. If now whatever dogs chase me, I 'll make sure they "fly".

Edited by bepgof

I don't approve of irresponsible pet owners and I don't like animal abuser.

Guessed u've no experience being bite/chased by dogs. I'm glad to have such and fear dogs of any size no more.

Edited by bepgof

I'm a dog lover, but I can understand how bepgof feels as I have friends who have been bitten by dogs before...

They get very tense when they realise the presence of dogs, I can only imagine the kind of trauma they experienced, especially for some of them who were bitten when they were children...

Yes we understand that some people might have a fear of dogs (like how I'm afraid of cats). But it's not fair that people just make a sweeping assumption that all big dogs are fierce and will bite. It's all about training and understanding the dogs. There are never bad dogs, only bad owners.

Mm anyway not sure about approaching our condo management. Based on past experience, they can be quite anal about following guidelines and rules. Perhaps we should look for the owners with the big dogs in the estate first, and see what they say.

Guessed u've no experience being bite/chased by dogs. I'm glad to have such and fear dogs of any size no more.

I was chased by a large (at least, to me then it was large) black dog when I was a kid. I was terrified. But today, I have two large dogs which I dearly love. Even if one has been chased/bitten by a dog, it does not mean you have to 'fly-kick' a 'small' dog when one is running towards you?!

First, to set the record straight, a golden retriever does NOT NEED TO BE MUZZLED. It has to be leashed, yes, just like all other dogs out there. So please don't spout untruths. If you continue to do that, you should be the one muzzled.

Second, I agree that dogs should be leashed. But guess what? Most dogs that you see unleashed are small dogs - and those dog owners continue to have them unleashed. Giving us big dog owners a bad name.

Third, what kind of behaviour are you teaching your daughter? Yes I know children are precious and if I were you, seeing an unleashed dog running towards my girl, I will also be pissed off. But what I'll do is to pick her up and carry her in my arms. And if that dog is aggressive, yes I won't hesitate to let fly my anger at the irresponsible owner. But if the dog is friendly , I'd teach my child to meet the dog properly and play with it. Do you honestly want a daughter that screams in fear and run away (the thing you should NOT do when you see a dog chasing you) when she sees a dog? Do you want your daughter to be a scaredy cat, one that has no respect for animals and instill an ungrounded fear of dogs in her? Or do you want a daughter that has compassion for animals, have a healthy understadning of dogs and animals, treat them with caution, yes, but also with respect?

I find your reaction (posting AVA's website/tel number) extreme and disgusting. Your behaviour when the dog comes running to your girl is justified, but your *thinking behind it (wanting to fly-kick the dog) is disgusting and inhumane. All too often I have seen that it is not the dog that provokes, but the STUPID, uneducated children themselves who provoke my dogs, making stupid barking noises and shouts, while the parents just stare, watching on. Uneducated, disgusting parents, with future uneducated, disgusting children in the making.

To nacho: I'm sorry that this has happened to your condo - I understand your desire to look for a place that accepts dogs (I also house hunted with my dogs in mind and found a cheap landed property). Best bet is for you to speak to the management office, but maybe before that, ask the neighbours with the dogs. If you are sincere and show how good your goldie is, I'm sure they will be reasonable, especially as you bought the condo without knowing of this rule.