Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tanakapon

Agent Lying About Locations

My wife and I just met a real estate agent who straight out lied about the locations of the hdb flats he was trying to sell to us.

Our only criteria were that the place had to be near a bus interchange, MRT station and also near some of the better primary schools that we were aiming to register our kid into. The agent promised us that the location he had on hand met all the criteria. In the end that '10 min walk to MRT/Bus interchange' turned into 20 min walk and it wasn't anywhere near the primary schools.

Every location he showed us didn't match any of the criterias!!! I'm just disgusted that he would flat out lie about it and waste our time running all over singapore! If only we can go and check all the locations online beforehand and see if its near whatever amenities he says it is.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi tanakapon,

regret to hear that you have such a dishonest agent.. next time use streetsine. not only will it show you all the amenities. it even has a circle radius of schools within 1km/2km. it's a helpful website.. take a look ya.

next time use streetsine. not only will it show you all the amenities. it even has a circle radius of schools within 1km/2km. it's a helpful website.. take a look ya.

Yup, you can also use gothere.sg, to check how long it takes to reach different destinations from where you are :)

You can use http://analytics.shownearby.com to search for locations first. It allows you to do what gothere.sg can but also allows you to search for locations in Sg based on the criterias u specify first. So like u can set near mrt, near bus interchange and they tell u places in sg that match the criteria. Also links up to propertyguru and its free too!

The agent is playing "ti cum" games with you....show you 10 units and if 1 got your attention, he ho say liao...that's what my agent did, show me more than 30 units but none meet my spec, when i ask to change location, he disappear.... :jawdrop:

it's common.

I had an agent told me above 5th is high floor

2nd floor is low floor.

I question her back, so u mean 3rd and 4th floor is middle floor?

She keep quiet

I encounter a seller agent lie to all buyer agents. ALL.

Told buyer agent that this is new listing flat. val not done yet.

When all groups of buyer reach the void deck. Buyer agents call her , if she free, she will answer the call.

in the end, agents and buyer has to search for the unit. The seller agent even give the wrong floor.

Cut the long winded story, we finially found the unit.

Wow.. got valuation report which is 1.5mth old.

Right on the spot, I told my husband I know which unit liao.

The one asking for 80k COV. Condo style reno.

The one we don't want to view at all.

The seller knock 1 room down, turn it into a WIW and makeup room.

I overheard a buyer ask the seller agent (SA). is this a 4rm HDB.

SA say "Yes"

Buyer ask "Where is the 3rd room"

Here come the best part.

SA close the glass door which is separate the master bedroom and the makeup room. "Here, 3rd room"

I almost laugh on the spot.

:sport-smiley-004:

Edited by therat

it's common.

I had an agent told me above 5th is high floor

2nd floor is low floor.

I question her back, so u mean 3rd and 4th floor is middle floor?

She keep quiet

I encounter a seller agent lie to all buyer agents. ALL.

Told buyer agent that this is new listing flat. val not done yet.

When all groups of buyer reach the void deck. Buyer agents call her , if she free, she will answer the call.

in the end, agents and buyer has to search for the unit. The seller agent even give the wrong floor.

Cut the long winded story, we finially found the unit.

Wow.. got valuation report which is 1.5mth old.

Right on the spot, I told my husband I know which unit liao.

The one asking for 80k COV. Condo style reno.

The one we don't want to view at all.

The seller knock 1 room down, turn it into a WIW and makeup room.

I overheard a buyer ask the seller agent (SA). is this a 4rm HDB.

SA say "Yes"

Buyer ask "Where is the 3rd room"

Here come the best part.

SA close the glass door which is separate the master bedroom and the makeup room. "Here, 3rd room"

I almost laugh on the spot.

:sport-smiley-004:

These dam *** agent flooded the mkt, dun know what is called "shame".

Edited by bepgof

From my experience:

Do not engage only 1 agent.

But make sure the other agent didn't refer to the same unit :)

I got similar experience with u also.

Until i found the one in my signature.

He really only suggest the one that meet my criteria.

By that time, i am still engaging to 3 others agent actually :)

Go find a new agent :P

on day 1 , 1st flat viewing... my sales agent brought us to view one that was not in our criteria that we provided to him..

after that he asked for permission before bringing us to the flats that did not match up to wat we want.. which is still acceptable at least we know & accept abt it before we go . .

My wife and I just met a real estate agent who straight out lied about the locations of the hdb flats he was trying to sell to us.

Our only criteria were that the place had to be near a bus interchange, MRT station and also near some of the better primary schools that we were aiming to register our kid into. The agent promised us that the location he had on hand met all the criteria. In the end that '10 min walk to MRT/Bus interchange' turned into 20 min walk and it wasn't anywhere near the primary schools.

Every location he showed us didn't match any of the criterias!!! I'm just disgusted that he would flat out lie about it and waste our time running all over singapore! If only we can go and check all the locations online beforehand and see if its near whatever amenities he says it is.

You can always check online firsthand using shownearby or streedirectory for the nearby amenities, schools etc provided the agent tells you which unit you're gonna view next. However, based on my experience most agents wouldn't normally do so until the very day of the viewing itself. If you find that your agent hasn't been exactly truthful with the location profiling, then it wouldn't hurt to engage another agent.

Good luck!

i told my agent that there are 2 area that i am looking at. either sengkang or punggol and the number of year old flat. so every flat viewing, he would bring us to those near LRT or MRT (less then 5 mins walking distance). he would usually call me and let me know which blk and location of the flat that me and my wife is going to view in the evening. after the call, he sms me the blk and location for my reference. and i will google map the location for personal reference.

i guess all these need to work both way and it make life easy for both parties :D

You can always check online firsthand using shownearby or streedirectory for the nearby amenities, schools etc provided the agent tells you which unit you're gonna view next. However, based on my experience most agents wouldn't normally do so until the very day of the viewing itself. If you find that your agent hasn't been exactly truthful with the location profiling, then it wouldn't hurt to engage another agent.

Good luck!

I normally startout with the shownearby analytics site, then highlight a few locations already, go to real estate agent with those locations and ask if he has property there. Then, I make sure I ask him exactly what is the address of the location and input back to the website to check 2 things. 1) If the location he give really good. 2) If he is honest about what he claims about the location.

Its tough with so many agents flooding the market, bound to be black sheeps. But this kind of homework helps you minimise time wastage. Best of luck!

The best is go look at the newspaper and look for the blk number and check the map see whether meet yr criteria. That what I did and found mine which is 2min to MRT station and bus interchange, 1min to Tampines mall and a few better primary school. But you must have time to arrange the viewing with their agent on yr own.