Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heatwave

Good And Resonable Contractors / Builders To Recommend + Help Required

Yes need a team even if it's a&a.I suspect if you go to normal Id or contractor tell them u want a&a they probably cost in the architect and pe fees inside and tell u they wave it off. My experience after 14id or contractor or builders whatever they call themselves

Reconstruction can use cpf meh? Tot full cash only?

Anyway on a seperate note, these days when I logon to propertyguru I see alot of contractors or investors buying old houses tearing them down then resell at 500k higher after adding in reconstruction cost then I feel very tulan. Find these opportunist very disgusting ESP when I get calls or leaflets asking me to sell my unit to them then they build nicely and sell me back... Can't imagine I encounter not one but 3such greedy contractors. No money reconstruct so left the unit rotting for 3yr is wrong meh

Hi Pantieleen,

I totally agree with you. I also kena before. Anyway next to my existing house, the developer bougth for 1.1mil and plans to sell it at 1.8mil. When i heard it i got really surprised too. Somemore he was only doing a&a works. Nowadays prices are crazy. Some of this developer units till today also not sold cuz the price are to high. They cannot sell and still dont want to lower the prices to help ppl like us. haha.

Cheers

Ash

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
6. 2m x 2m plunge pool

Err.. isn't this more like a jacuzzi size?

Have to factor in the concrete wall thickness of.. 200mm each side? Also, there is a need for space for pool equipment.

I am not sure if this will really be worth the effort.

Q: I intend to build my own house. Can I use my CPF savings to pay for the land and construction cost of the house under Residential Properties Scheme (RPS)?

A: Yes, you can. However, if there is an existing property on the land, you must furnish Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)’s grant of written permission for the proposed “reconstruction” or “erection” of the new property. You can only withdraw your CPF savings after the Temporary Occupation Permit for the house has been issued. As such, you need to obtain a loan to finance the construction first, and later apply to use your CPF savings to repay this loan.

If you are using your own savings to pay for the land and construction costs, you can be reimbursed for these from your CPF savings provided the house is constructed after 1 October 1993, and construction has commenced within 6 months from the completion date of the purchase of the land.

http://ask-us.cpf.gov.sg/exploreMQA.asp?pr...3^23098^#247076

........ They cannot sell and still dont want to lower the prices to help ppl like us. haha.

How does lowering the prices "help" ppl???

If u are the neighbour, u will want that property sold at the highest possible price!!!

How does lowering the prices "help" ppl???

If u are the neighbour, u will want that property sold at the highest possible price!!!

He's trying to say if these greedy contractor turn developers are less greedy then he doesn't have to go through so much for reconstruction can just buy the unit and move in instead of spending 2months looking for a cheaper unit 10months for paperwork and rebuilding

these greedy contractors I met posed as fathers looking for house near good schools. After I did a check I realise they are contractors coz their useless prc assistants picked up the phone and spilled the beans

He's trying to say if these greedy contractor turn developers are less greedy then he doesn't have to go through so much for reconstruction can just buy the unit and move in instead of spending 2months looking for a cheaper unit 10months for paperwork and rebuilding

these greedy contractors I met posed as fathers looking for house near good schools. After I did a check I realise they are contractors coz their useless prc assistants picked up the phone and spilled the beans

"Greedy contractor turn developers" also have to spend 10 months rebuilding the house. Can think of it as compensation for their frustration which every home owner rebuilding will also have to go through. It is not a walk in the park.

Can't contractors be fathers looking for house near good schools?

My point is.. willing seller willing buyer. Does it matter who the seller/buyer is?

"Greedy contractor turn developers" also have to spend 10 months rebuilding the house. Can think of it as compensation for their frustration which every home owner rebuilding will also have to go through. It is not a walk in the park.

Can't contractors be fathers looking for house near good schools?

My point is.. willing seller willing buyer. Does it matter who the seller/buyer is?

I'm just pissed off coz I get harrased whenever I go collect mail then ppl approach us to sell the place

frankly these ppl just trying to make easy money jacking up home prices.

Worse is I ever visited such places they say oh I spend 500-700k to redo, to a layman seems like massive construction but like heatwave says, it's actually just A&A.

Come to think of it 300-500k earned in 10months=

30k a month or what a regular person earn a year. No wonder contractors like PCK can stay big houses drive 5 or 7 series.

Hmm when I grow up I also want to be a contractor. Easier job that buying or selling properties or working in office. Deal with bangala workers better than office politics.

point is, I wonder how many desperados out there actually bought such units. Then I think to myself and those in the forum, we are actually quite smart to do homework and share info. Power of technology!!

I'm just pissed off coz I get harrased whenever I go collect mail then ppl approach us to sell the place

frankly these ppl just trying to make easy money jacking up home prices.

Worse is I ever visited such places they say oh I spend 500-700k to redo, to a layman seems like massive construction but like heatwave says, it's actually just A&A.

Come to think of it 300-500k earned in 10months=

30k a month or what a regular person earn a year. No wonder contractors like PCK can stay big houses drive 5 or 7 series.

Hmm when I grow up I also want to be a contractor. Easier job that buying or selling properties or working in office. Deal with bangala workers better than office politics.

point is, I wonder how many desperados out there actually bought such units. Then I think to myself and those in the forum, we are actually quite smart to do homework and share info. Power of technology!!

I don't think contractors earn that much. They have their own cost and they don't earn all that you pay them. A large part goes into paying for supplies, workers, govt levies, charges, architect's fees, etc... as well as their office expenses.

I have spoken to a number of them. They have to drive big cars to give the outward assurance to homeowners that they are not fly by night. Actually, many of them also suffer from increasing material fees, government fines eg. dengue, workers working beyond normal work hours, etc.. and homeowners paying them late, increased govt levies on workers, workers' turnover, etc...

It is not a bed of roses for contractors. It is also not a bed of roses dealing with poisonous office politics. Life is not easy, though some are born lucky and some live a more blessed life with good lucks following them whenever they go.

Cheers and have a good weekend.

Err.. isn't this more like a jacuzzi size?

Have to factor in the concrete wall thickness of.. 200mm each side? Also, there is a need for space for pool equipment.

I am not sure if this will really be worth the effort.

Hi yoongf,

You are probably rite, the pool is more like a jacuzzi max for 2 ppl. I talked to my architect and may decide to forgo the pool and buy one of those off the shelves jacuzzi and put in on the roof terrace.

I think cost wise the jacuzzi may be a cheaper option.

Cheers

Ash

Q: I intend to build my own house. Can I use my CPF savings to pay for the land and construction cost of the house under Residential Properties Scheme (RPS)?

A: Yes, you can. However, if there is an existing property on the land, you must furnish Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA)’s grant of written permission for the proposed “reconstruction” or “erection” of the new property. You can only withdraw your CPF savings after the Temporary Occupation Permit for the house has been issued. As such, you need to obtain a loan to finance the construction first, and later apply to use your CPF savings to repay this loan.

If you are using your own savings to pay for the land and construction costs, you can be reimbursed for these from your CPF savings provided the house is constructed after 1 October 1993, and construction has commenced within 6 months from the completion date of the purchase of the land.

http://ask-us.cpf.gov.sg/exploreMQA.asp?pr...3^23098^#247076

Hi yoongf,

Thanks for clarifying on the cpf usage. 1 more question, with regards to the cpf usage, i believe it cant be used for a&a rite. As you highlighted above, it is purely for recon or rebuilt. Appreciate the help.

cheers

Heatwave

I hope you have someone to draft up the contract and administer in accordance to the contract provisions.

This way, you can safeguard yourself on any hidden cost being charged to you during construction stage via VO.

Let me know if you require such help. Cheers!

Hi valuehunter,

My architect has done up the contract and it includes all the info you highlighted above. It is all in the tender drawings i believe so. It also includes like termite treatment, liability for neighbour's damage incurred by the construction and etc.

Thank for he hlp anyway. Will give u a shout if i need more assistance and advice.

Cheers

heatwave

Hi yoongf,

Thanks for clarifying on the cpf usage. 1 more question, with regards to the cpf usage, i believe it cant be used for a&a rite. As you highlighted above, it is purely for recon or rebuilt. Appreciate the help.

cheers

Heatwave

After completion.. use CPF to repay lump sum partial housing loan? Simpler? Dunno lah, I not familar at all with the details of using CPF. Either way.. construction is by way of construction loan, and subsequent reimbursement from CPF. To me this is not useful as getting loans is always the biggest issue. Best is to get term loan from the bank (based on recently increased valuation?).

Q: I wish to use my CPF savings to make a lumpsum repayment towards my outstanding housing loan under Residential Properties Scheme (RPS). How can I do this?

A: If you have your SingPass, you may complete the form online via My Requests - Property found in my cpf Online Services. Alternatively, you can submit a hardcopy Form 4B to make a capital repayment towards your housing loan.

http://ask-us.cpf.gov.sg/exploreMQA.asp?pr...3^23098^#247088