Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi, your place is a condo?

Its a private apartment at Textile Center. Very old place. About 40 years old. So there's lots of initial problems. Am glad that Willie has been able to overcome these problems. You need nerves of steel for that.

Edited by ambooose

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
So far so good. Willie has been accommodative to our fickleness. Its sometimes hard to visualise what we really want until the last moment. Sgnick is right, no blackface, no crap excuses, no ninja invisible tactics. He makes his presence felt throughout the project. Not bad, I like Willie. I'd gladly pay more for his service. If any of you guys wanna see the progress of the renovation or the final stage of my apartment, you can contact Willie.

Hi, your place is a condo?

Hi could you provide rooms for ideas contact number to me at hepenus@yahoo.com.sg

So far so good. Willie has been accommodative to our fickleness. Its sometimes hard to visualise what we really want until the last moment. Sgnick is right, no blackface, no crap excuses, no ninja invisible tactics. He makes his presence felt throughout the project. Not bad, I like Willie. I'd gladly pay more for his service. If any of you guys wanna see the progress of the renovation or the final stage of my apartment, you can contact Willie.

That's great ambooose

Did u get a good quote?

Hope to see your T-blog and your pics.

Hi could you provide rooms for ideas contact number to me at hepenus@yahoo.com.sg

That's great ambooose

Did u get a good quote?

Hope to see your T-blog and your pics.

Ah yeah, will get some pics when they start some basic works, the next few days will be waterproofing.

I got slightly above 40k, I actually didn't get any other quote. I thought the price would be around that range for a 900+ sq ft apartment.

My quote is inclusive of windows, those double glazed ones which are quite pricey.

These are the items I am having Willie do up for me:

1. complete hack of the place

2. double glazed windows

3. cabinetry for kitchen, living room and master bedroom

4. frosted tempered glass door for kitchen

5. granite kitchen worktop

6. homogenous floor tiling in living, kitchen and toilets

7. Floor to ceiling wall tiling for toilets and kitchen

8. fire rate main door

9. plumbing

I will be getting my own:

1. airconditioners

2. curtains

3. lightings

4. fan

5. Appliances

6. toilet fixtures

good point you brought out there sgnick. even if we engaging an ID, he also wont 8hrs a day supervise for us. we, onwers, really must commit our time to the whole reno to ensure smooth journey... i still remembered during my reno, i went down almost every night (48 out of 49 trips for a total of 7 weeks). some day i even went down twrice. haha.. kiasuuu..

but the efforts were worthwhile for almost every trip.. hiccups can be bring out to discuss asap... wrong /incorrect work can be spotted early for rectification... mis-communication can be resolved more timely... and so on...

so owners out there, bite the bullet and work hard for your reno!

Good advice, I will be working closely with my contractor Willie, so far he has not missed a beat. I will try to update as the work progresses. Been really busy.

Edited by ambooose

I have lost count of the number of people who have asked me for my contractor contacts.

For those who manage to get good quote from RFI and engaged them, wish u a happy and successful reno.

But i will also like to take this opportunity to say that do understand the difference between a contractor and a ID. The contractor coordinates the renovation, but they won't be there 8 hrs a day to supervise the workers every step of the way. On most days, they will pass some instructions in the morning, then be off to another site. Next day they will come take a look at the work done, pass instructions, then off again. So to have a happy reno, do spend as much time as you can afford to monitor the progress of the work, feedback quickly to the workers on site or to the contractors if anything is not done according to the plans or design. The more hardworking u r, the happier will be the end result. Miscommunication and misunderstanding is also minimized.

good point you brought out there sgnick. even if we engaging an ID, he also wont 8hrs a day supervise for us. we, onwers, really must commit our time to the whole reno to ensure smooth journey... i still remembered during my reno, i went down almost every night (48 out of 49 trips for a total of 7 weeks). some day i even went down twrice. haha.. kiasuuu..

but the efforts were worthwhile for almost every trip.. hiccups can be bring out to discuss asap... wrong /incorrect work can be spotted early for rectification... mis-communication can be resolved more timely... and so on...

so owners out there, bite the bullet and work hard for your reno!

I have lost count of the number of people who have asked me for my contractor contacts.

For those who manage to get good quote from RFI and engaged them, wish u a happy and successful reno.

But i will also like to take this opportunity to say that do understand the difference between a contractor and a ID. The contractor coordinates the renovation, but they won't be there 8 hrs a day to supervise the workers every step of the way. On most days, they will pass some instructions in the morning, then be off to another site. Next day they will come take a look at the work done, pass instructions, then off again. So to have a happy reno, do spend as much time as you can afford to monitor the progress of the work, feedback quickly to the workers on site or to the contractors if anything is not done according to the plans or design. The more hardworking u r, the happier will be the end result. Miscommunication and misunderstanding is also minimized.

Woah, so many people buy property here. I also just get my unit key a few weeks ago, its a rocky road to find a good contractor and ID. Thanks Sgnick to give such a good review.

Mind to send me your contractor and ID contact.

Thanks in advance.

GambarU.

Sorry for the late replies, just replied to you guys. Been busy running around.

My impression of Willie is good, so far so good, his explanation is clear, and he seems to know what he is talking about. I have come across contractors who may seem to think they are contractors but do not know the importance of waterproofing. Willie does not claim to be a designer but he is active in giving constructive advices as to the layout and planning of the place. Willie is also responsive, replying to calls and smses promptly. His subcontractors also seem to be serious in their work. So stay tuned for any updates.

Edited by ambooose