Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Oh btw, what kind of flooring is that in your bedrooms...floor tiles?

Yes, wood look floor tiles, with grain texture feel

Feels nice and warm to walk on it, compared to my glossy cold living room homogeneous

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ohh ok.. maybe i used to those original HDB casement handle that thich n solid type. i look at my bro's condo the casement handle also solid and thick one. my ID said probably alex gave me cheap material for the cheap price i paid. now still considering whether to do grille with alex or not..

Windows handles will corode long before they will break, I changed all the handles on the original HDB windows myself due to corrosion :)

Handle - $4

Rivert Gun - $12

Rivet - cents

All casement windows handles can break with force, even original HDB casement handle in kitchen also break before. :)

My casement windows installed by Alex have no lock (means no key to lock/unlock)

Hmmm, I don't feel any shaking of the sliding windows installed by alex, but i can go home and test again later.

ohh ok.. maybe i used to those original HDB casement handle that thich n solid type. i look at my bro's condo the casement handle also solid and thick one. my ID said probably alex gave me cheap material for the cheap price i paid. now still considering whether to do grille with alex or not..

Edited by steelze

Hi there

I love your curtains...but i will be going for roller blinds instead..bcuz i have 2 boys which can ruin those expensive curtains..haha

May I know what is the average price of your curtains per sqft? If they are cheap, I can perhaps get it for my living area.

Thanks for the help!

yo sgnick bro, wanna check with u on alex's installed windows. mine were installed everything except grilles yesterday.

1. Casement handles a bit skinny thin and frenzy. Machiam can break it when used too much force on them.

2. Alex told me that casement handles got no lock one. But i remembered fromone thread that owner requested lock set for all casement handles. -_-!

3. Sliding windows can shake when i sldie them. I could also lift up the windows a bit from the sliding track, and ccould feel that they are not tighly fit in.

Wanna check if yours have any problems like that?

All casement windows handles can break with force, even original HDB casement handle in kitchen also break before. :)

My casement windows installed by Alex have no lock (means no key to lock/unlock)

Hmmm, I don't feel any shaking of the sliding windows installed by alex, but i can go home and test again later.

yo sgnick bro, wanna check with u on alex's installed windows. mine were installed everything except grilles yesterday.

1. Casement handles a bit skinny thin and frenzy. Machiam can break it when used too much force on them.

2. Alex told me that casement handles got no lock one. But i remembered fromone thread that owner requested lock set for all casement handles. -_-!

3. Sliding windows can shake when i sldie them. I could also lift up the windows a bit from the sliding track, and ccould feel that they are not tighly fit in.

Wanna check if yours have any problems like that?

Hi,

can you PM me the contacts for Rooms for Ideas? I'm keen to get some quotes but will do reno only after CNY :)

Thanks and regards,

Michelle

Hi,

my reno has finally started. It started last Saturday actually with hacking of cabinets. Or maybe last Friday with removal of window grills. hmmmm...

Here's my floor plan. 122sqm 5I.

RenotalkFP.jpg

Current plan (subject to changes)

floorplanner120610.jpg

I have engaged a company that is relatively unknown here in renotalk, Room For Ideas Pte Ltd, managed by Willie and Vincent.

This is after getting about 8 quotes from IDs and contractors. Both Willie and Vincent are easy to talk to and friendly, and give me a good price for the reno. Quality wise I have visited one of their newly completed HDB project, looks great and owner happy with their work.

Scope for my reno includes full hacking and rewiring, so is a complete overhaul of my flat.

So far so good, hacking done, waterproofing started, tiling started.

Tiles from Hafary and Hup Kiong

Baron WC/Sink from GRLink

Taps from Grohe

Rubine Kitchen Sink from Poh Seng

Mitsubishi Starmex Sys4 from Gain City

Windows and Grills from City Aluminium, Alex (former from Yick Hong I think)

UPDATE 28-July

Renovation is almost done, almost move in condition, just few finishing touches

Over all, everything is well done, and we manage to keep the cost to low 40K which is inclusive of electricians, so I will say my reno is value for money and I will highly recommend my contractor for their value and good work. And their attitude has been top notch throughout the entire period, when i make request for changes etc, sometimes even after the thing is already up, no unhappiness, no blackface, etc, gave me everything i asked for the way i wanted with a very service oriented attitude. Thumbs Up for Willie and Vincent from "Room For Ideas". :good:

Hi,

you managed to install System 4 for your place? Ever tried to ON all 4 fancoil? What's the BTU for your rooms?

BTU for my rooms, 9k x2, 13k x1, living room is 24k i think

Only time i on all 4 is after install for testing. When all 4 are on, some rooms will be cold and some rooms not cold enough.

like ur curtains look very lux....too bad could only gt blinds for my place as the windows are not full length..

Hi,

my windows are not full length too

Been getting lots of PM request for my contractor contacts the past few days. I have replied every PM.

I'll be out of Singapore the next few days so I wont be replying to PMs for couple of days, and I guess putting contractor contact numbers here is probably not a good idea and not allowed.

Anyway, just curious, anyone whom I have PMed contact has gotten quote already, and how's the quote?

Hi can you share your contractor's contact? Thanks!! We're looking to reno our 5 rm flat