Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Figaro

Home Security System For Landed Property

Hey Figaro

Both ADT and Cisco are reputed companies, so I don’t think any of them will provide poor services.

But yes, as you have mentioned cisco is more expensive than others, then it is possible.

If you want to decide between these two then you should not only base your choice around price but also check what services are provided by them.Hey Figaro

Both ADT and Cisco are reputed companies, so I don’t think any of them will provide poor services.

But yes, as you have mentioned cisco is more expensive than IVP, then it is possible.

If you want to decide between these two then you should not only base your choice around price but also check what services are provided by them.

Edited by KenHumes

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

In my opinion, there is no problem regarding which company to choose. As a matter of fact, most people prefer those companies which gives more system than the other one. I would go for a company, which would give me Motion sensor security lighting, 2 set of cameras,etc. To learn more about security system visit here.

I called ADT, Certis Cisco and Chubb.

The customer service at Certis Cisco is appalling. I called them on Monday to make an appointment for them to come down to give me a quotation. The customer service woman said they could only call me back after 48 hours. So I waited. But because I already took leave on Wednesday so I wanted them to confirm the apt fast, I called them again on Tuesday to ask them to give them to call me soon. The woman at the customer service gave me a snide remark and said 'Didn't I tell you we can only call you back after 48 hours?' What's the use of her handling the hotline if she is not able to make appointments for me right? I really see no rationale in giving her a salary and ask other people to call me back, which never happened.

I decided if they cannot even arrange an appointment to come down to give a quotation and the service from their hotline is so rude, they do not need my business. Imagine if the alarm goes off or your house gets broken into, the customer service tells you, "I can only get back to you after 48hours". So ridiculous right?

I called ADT and Chubb about my urgent request and the customer service at least reassured me someone will call me by today.

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.i have red your blog and wish it again.

I called ADT, Certis Cisco and Chubb.

The customer service at Certis Cisco is appalling. I called them on Monday to make an appointment for them to come down to give me a quotation. The customer service woman said they could only call me back after 48 hours. So I waited. But because I already took leave on Wednesday so I wanted them to confirm the apt fast, I called them again on Tuesday to ask them to give them to call me soon. The woman at the customer service gave me a snide remark and said 'Didn't I tell you we can only call you back after 48 hours?' What's the use of her handling the hotline if she is not able to make appointments for me right? I really see no rationale in giving her a salary and ask other people to call me back, which never happened.

I decided if they cannot even arrange an appointment to come down to give a quotation and the service from their hotline is so rude, they do not need my business. Imagine if the alarm goes off or your house gets broken into, the customer service tells you, "I can only get back to you after 48hours". So ridiculous right?

I called ADT and Chubb about my urgent request and the customer service at least reassured me someone will call me by today.

Hi, just to share, i got a quote from ADT regarding their wireless alarm system, initially he said the system is free, except for the looping for the sliding windows, which cost $120, need to pay $48 per month for 3 years, then i told him OC want me to check with other companies, he changed his mind and said free system, dun even have to pay for the looping, will sign up with ADT this weekend. Cheers

hi how big is your place?

Mine is inter terrace, Stupid ADT quote me more than $1.5k. CRAZY

Anyone decided to buy a normal alarm system with no monitoring? how much is that? Any good shops? I think ADT only serve to pick up phone right? Normal alarm system can call out to many number when it alarm go off. Actually the monitoring service does not seem that useful.

1 ADT Monthly Monitoring Service (c/w 1 Control Panel, 1 Door Contact, 1 Motion Detector, 1 Keyfob) 48.00/mth 36 mths

2 Additional Door Contacts 90.00 2 180.00

3 Curtain Sensor 196.00 3 588.00

4 Remote Commander 250.00 1 250.00

5 Repeater 230.00 1 230.00

6 Installation and Commissioning of alarm system 400.00 1 Lot 400.00

Edited by wind30

Wow! 10k versus 2k is a no brainer for me. Unless the 10k shoots lasers and/or takes out missiles...

Hi, just to share, i got a quote from ADT regarding their wireless alarm system, initially he said the system is free, except for the looping for the sliding windows, which cost $120, need to pay $48 per month for 3 years, then i told him OC want me to check with other companies, he changed his mind and said free system, dun even have to pay for the looping, will sign up with ADT this weekend. Cheers

Sure. ADT quoted me around $500 for equipment, but tag on a $48/mth monitoring service for 3 yrs. Equipment used is PowerMax, which I think originates from Israel but now quite popular in US and Europe. So cost over 3 years is over $2K.

My experience with Cisco is less than pleasant. First, the sales person didn't turn up for first appointment. Then, he gave a quote less than $2k. Then, after a few weeks he's no longer working there. Then the new chaps that came said the first quote should be disregarded as the system proposed was completely not suitable or appropriate, and indicated a quote of $10k!!!!!! (no monitoring service). Cisco uses GE equipment, and doesn't force you to sign up for monitoring service.

Any other feedback on security systems would be much appreciated.

Wow! 10k versus 2k is a no brainer for me. Unless the 10k shoots lasers and/or takes out missiles...

Sure. ADT quoted me around $500 for equipment, but tag on a $48/mth monitoring service for 3 yrs. Equipment used is PowerMax, which I think originates from Israel but now quite popular in US and Europe. So cost over 3 years is over $2K.

My experience with Cisco is less than pleasant. First, the sales person didn't turn up for first appointment. Then, he gave a quote less than $2k. Then, after a few weeks he's no longer working there. Then the new chaps that came said the first quote should be disregarded as the system proposed was completely not suitable or appropriate, and indicated a quote of $10k!!!!!! (no monitoring service). Cisco uses GE equipment, and doesn't force you to sign up for monitoring service.

Any other feedback on security systems would be much appreciated.

I'm interested in the feedback as well.

Do you mind sharing the prices from both companies? Also do we have to get a system that's "connected"?

Hi - I'm finishing up home reno for my 3-storey terrace house. Have been talking to both ADT and Certis Cisco about home security systems. With ADT, equipment is cheap if you sign up for 3 yr monitoring package. Cisco's equipment is expensive, and monitoring service is slightly cheaper. Also, the proposals from both companies are a little different... eg. ADT proposed curtain sensors (photobeam) for bedroom window while Cisco suggested wireless magnetic contact.

Which company is better? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!