Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nicxl

Too Warm Sleeping On Mattress

I bought a simmons mattress. When we sleep on it, we feel that it is very warm, even when we switch on aircon. So now we have to switch on air con every night, and resort to not using Blanket, just the blanket cover to be able to sleep.

We tried to remove the mattress protector, it does help a bit but the salesperson told us we should always put mattress protector.

Is there anything I can get to put on top to make our body feel cooler when sleeping? We paid quite a bit and couldnt bear to change it within such a short period of time.

Any advice and reccomedation is welcome.

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

High thread count bed sheets, like 360 and above, gives the silky feeling, which feels cooler. Go Robinsons Centrepoint can feel feel.

Read up about mattress toppers made from Latex, which allows the air to circulate through the mattress.

you can try drinking cold water before you sleep to cool your core temperature...

FYI, I am not joking... coz this is what i do when i feel the matteress being too warm...

Try a full latex mattress.

I'm using one and no such problem even if no air-con.

High thread count (>300) bedsheet does help alittle.

Yes, I am using an 8inch full natural latex mattress (Mylatex) with pinhole from Littlewode, much cooler than memory foams. It also comes along with removable bed cover.

wah...i ordered the Simmons Escapade with memory foam pillowtop..... am i gonna have sleepless nights? My wife always complain that the aircon temperature is too cold. perhaps this will be just right for her.

wah...i ordered the Simmons Escapade with memory foam pillowtop..... am i gonna have sleepless nights? My wife always complain that the aircon temperature is too cold. perhaps this will be just right for her.

memory foam top is usually warmer. maybe it will be just right for ur wife. but for people who are afraid of the heat. memory foam is a nono

Totally agree, threadcount of bed sheets matter. Higher the thread count the "less warm" you will feel. Always get mine from Aussino during their sales which is like almost 50% off bec I am a member. So I will shop twice a year during their sales periods and stock up. Yoongf is right, try at least 360 and above.

High thread count bed sheets, like 360 and above, gives the silky feeling, which feels cooler. Go Robinsons Centrepoint can feel feel.

Read up about mattress toppers made from Latex, which allows the air to circulate through the mattress.

I bought a simmons mattress. When we sleep on it, we feel that it is very warm, even when we switch on aircon. So now we have to switch on air con every night, and resort to not using Blanket, just the blanket cover to be able to sleep.

We tried to remove the mattress protector, it does help a bit but the salesperson told us we should always put mattress protector.

Is there anything I can get to put on top to make our body feel cooler when sleeping? We paid quite a bit and couldnt bear to change it within such a short period of time.

Any advice and reccomedation is welcome.

Thanks!

i went to courts sleep clinic and tried all sorts of mattress. wasted one whole day there cos i lie on the bed for like 5 mins. i feel that memory foam mattress is super warm. i think it does trap heat somehow and my back feels the warm when i lie on it, so i suppose you got a memory foam one. it was very comfy excpt for the warm parrt.

you can put a thick kind of pattress pad on top. i suppose it will reduce abit?

JMHO=)

is there any brand mattress have anti-bed bug? GSS?

err. i think most of the good mattresses come with? anyway, its useless. the bedbug can hide in seeps in your tiles or skirting then crawl onto yr bed in da middle of night. i had a terrible nightmare few years back.

is there any brand mattress have anti-bed bug? GSS?

hi all,

after reading so many posts on RT, I would like to also add my comments.

When you mentioned anti-bed bugs, I presumed that you are looking at mattresses with anti dust mites feature.

From what I know (after speaking to a mattress promoter), most mattresses which has the anti - dust mites feature are chemically treated with some chemical which is really anti dust mites, but this chemical only lasts about 6 months. If you want your mattress to continue to be anti-dust mite, you have to re-treat your mattress with the chemical again, which I think no one does.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong in any way.

dear ding ding,

can i check where can i buy latex topper with cotton cover?

A topper won't help you. The mattress is probably too soft for you therefore you are sinking into the comfort layers causing your warmth.

If you are the kind that cannot deal with a warm mattress get a firmer mattress.