Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
siron

Renting Out Procedures (hdb)

my tenants portfolio: accounts exc, mgt trainee and finance exec female age between 25 to 27. apparently all comes from good families either businessman or work for govt. so what??? ! ! !!

Edited by estella83

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hmmm..... actually not just that, eg left the home with main door plus gate open found out when i reached home after 10pm. left aircon on forgeting to off it, only to realise it 2 days later that she wasn't back at all. dump used kotex in the waste backet bin/ left used kotex inside toilet. =( afterall, they are very nice and well behaved gals

my tenants on aircon 24hs over the weekends, and one of the gal bought back her bf clothes home to wash..... how? =( as for aircon part, i can't really say anything as there is no fan inside the room. i have mention to them regarding the air con is only to be turn on at night and they "agreed" to it but still... what should i do? PUB bill should be on the way soon, expecting it to be around $300. may i knw what is the averge PUB bills should be for 4 person?

Is the rental inclusive of utilities bill? If yes, you cant fault them for switching the aircon on.

hmmm..... actually not just that, eg left the home with main door plus gate open found out when i reached home after 10pm. left aircon on forgeting to off it, only to realise it 2 days later that she wasn't back at all. dump used kotex in the waste backet bin/ left used kotex inside toilet. =( afterall, they are very nice and well behaved gals

Hmm that's a bit too much. Try to talk to them nicely?

Is the rental inclusive of utilities bill? If yes, you cant fault them for switching the aircon on.

i did put a cap at $200 on the contract but did not inform them when during viewing (sort of last min decision), verbally have told them to on the aircon only when they are sleeping.......

Hmm that's a bit too much. Try to talk to them nicely?

can u imagine i have to throw panty liner and kotex everyday =( just like i'm having 3 daughters.... and its not even 1 mth.... :(

i did put a cap at $200 on the contract but did not inform them when during viewing (sort of last min decision), verbally have told them to on the aircon only when they are sleeping.......

can u imagine i have to throw panty liner and kotex everyday =( just like i'm having 3 daughters.... and its not even 1 mth.... :(

Leave the door and gate unlocked is considered something serious to me. It may lead to a break in. I think you should find a time to talk to your tenants about these things that bother you.

My 3 tenants switch on their aircons in the day and night, and sometimes 24hours although they agreed to my initial condition of only using the aircons at night before they moved in lol. Luckily my PUB bill is still less than $300, so I just let them be.

2 of my tenants are lazy to throw their own rubbish at the chute, so my kitchen bin is filled with their lunchboxes + panty liners etc everyday and I have to throw their rubbish everyday for them. I'm still alright about this.

They used to scatter their sugar all over my kitchen table and forgot to turn off the tap water often but these problems had stopped after I reminded them nicely. :)

Edited by forgotten

i realised tenants don't follow the tenancy agreement as per agreed rental monthly. Then How?

1st time, I'll remind them nicely. 2nd time, I'll warn them. 3rd time, I'll give 1 month notice and ask them to move out. Otherwise I feel I'm working as Mrs Ah Long chasing for $$$.

Edited by forgotten

i'm in sales line, and i'm super pang tan in such things. =( once sales volume donw, i will start to think if its link.....

i don't come home every night and no ones bother to dump the rubbish. food left inside the fridge like curry for days till i smell something sour :S placed used pad on my super exp hair mask.. :(:(

there's this gal who stay in the utility room, i can smell a strench coming out from her room when she opens the room door. am fking serious!!!! tissue paper lying all over the floor. i don't sleep there so it didn't bother me much

i'm trying to be more tolerance and less petty as i have been staying alone for 5yrs.....

1st time, I'll remind them nicely. 2nd time, I'll warn them. 3rd time, I'll give 1 month notice and ask them to move out. Otherwise I feel I'm working as Mrs Ah Long chasing for $$$.

my tenant still owes me $16 bucks. LOL

Ya leaving the gate open may lead to a security breach which is a major issue. I'm not sure how useful is putting a cap on the utilities bill in the contract given that you are staying in the house as well. It is hard to ascertain how much electricity each tenant consume and hence who should pay more. Sometimes as the landlord you just have to suck it up.

That's the thing about renting out, it's a matter of luck if your tenant is good or not. Telling them off too much might lead strained relationships and further conflicts.

i'm in sales line, and i'm super pang tan in such things. =( once sales volume donw, i will start to think if its link.....

i don't come home every night and no ones bother to dump the rubbish. food left inside the fridge like curry for days till i smell something sour :S placed used pad on my super exp hair mask.. :(:(

there's this gal who stay in the utility room, i can smell a strench coming out from her room when she opens the room door. am fking serious!!!! tissue paper lying all over the floor. i don't sleep there so it didn't bother me much

i'm trying to be more tolerance and less petty as i have been staying alone for 5yrs.....

That reminds me of a friend who stayed with me for a while. Doesn't flush the toilet after peeing no matter how many times I reminded him. Can tell me to flush for him somemore. Left his socks and underwear on my kitchen counter top and dining table *duh* My weekly cleaner always scringe whenever she has to clean his room. End up I have to ask him to move out before it destroys our relationship. Not worth it.

Do you share same toilet with your tenant? Yucks used pad on your hair mask :bangwall:

That's the thing about renting out, it's a matter of luck if your tenant is good or not.

Yes I agree with that statement!

All the ugly habits (including my ugly habits haha) are only slowly revealed after some time of living together.

During 1st meet up, tenants and owners will show only the best side to each other, this is human nature.

Edited by forgotten

Do you share same toilet with your tenant? Yucks used pad on your hair mask :bangwall:

yea.... no toilet inside master bedroom..... i don't whine for nothing :_(

Edited by estella83