Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
siron

Renting Out Procedures (hdb)

So sometimes got to give and take esp you are earning rental from them. Cannot expect perfect tenant cos we aren't perfect ourselves. Small things just let it go if your tenants are generally ok. I have heard of landlord for charging the tenant extra $5 a day whenever the tenant is on leave at home or works from home. The tenant will of cos find a better place soon after.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i lent my suit to a tenant for her interview. told them not to buy washing powder as i can provide them. can eat and use my things. still no good ar? :P but many things are zhi dong right? like kotex!!! can just dump down the rubbish chute and don't placed on my toileties......

So sometimes got to give and take esp you are earning rental from them. Cannot expect perfect tenant cos we aren't perfect ourselves. Small things just let it go if your tenants are generally ok. I have heard of landlord for charging the tenant extra $5 a day whenever the tenant is on leave at home or works from home. The tenant will of cos find a better place soon after.

I used to rent a room as a tenant for a few years.

The most memorable landlady was the one who asked me not to shower everyday! :bow:

The most memorable landlady was the one who asked me not to shower everyday! :bow:

hahahahhaha.... and did u........??

i lent my suit to a tenant for her interview. told them not to buy washing powder as i can provide them. can eat and use my things. still no good ar? :P but many things are zhi dong right? like kotex!!! can just dump down the rubbish chute and don't placed on my toileties......

This weekend, try to find a good time to talk to her about the door and kotex ;) Imagine one day, a sleepy man only discovered a used pad was beside his toothpaste after he finished brushing teeth lol.

Edited by forgotten

Ok ok you are a good landlord :)

Try to talk to your tenant nicely, if the problem persists and you cant take it anymore, then it's time to serve notice.

Feng Shui rotation, now you're at upper hand, congrat!.

Edited by bepgof

i'm in sales line, and i'm super pang tan in such things. =( once sales volume donw, i will start to think if its link.....

i don't come home every night and no ones bother to dump the rubbish. food left inside the fridge like curry for days till i smell something sour :S placed used pad on my super exp hair mask.. :(:(

there's this gal who stay in the utility room, i can smell a strench coming out from her room when she opens the room door. am fking serious!!!! tissue paper lying all over the floor. i don't sleep there so it didn't bother me much

i'm trying to be more tolerance and less petty as i have been staying alone for 5yrs.....

Eye opening! Execs nowaday so busy till don't how to dump rubbish but know how to "push" rubbish. Own's used pad anyhow put - got keep in wd or not?, don't want to see another article in Shin Ming.

Edited by bepgof

my tenants portfolio: accounts exc, mgt trainee and finance exec female age between 25 to 27. apparently all comes from good families either businessman or work for govt. so what??? ! ! !!

Also depends on Nationality & other factors, most tenants are Non-Singaporean so their culture and way of life is different from us, some tenants like to cook alot others always eat outside even if you allow them to cook...etc

Some Landlords I serve set certain profile for tenants, even if they're MD, CEO, President but come from certain country also can get rejected....

Edited by Plastic3

1st time, I'll remind them nicely. 2nd time, I'll warn them. 3rd time, I'll give 1 month notice and ask them to move out. Otherwise I feel I'm working as Mrs Ah Long chasing for $$$.

so yours not yet 3rd time, i usually close one eye, just give & take. your house now very crowd. mine only 1 tenants.

btw the walls are so thin.

Edited by dean

so yours not yet 3rd time, i usually close one eye, just give & take. your house now very crowd. mine only 1 tenants.

btw the walls are so thin.

Nope, my tenants have been paying me their rents on time within 3 days.

My house has 5 ppl now. I'm ok with it haha. Afterall it's less crowded than my parent's house with total 6 of us. It helps that my tenants and us have different off-days and different working hours. My tenants also don't understand Mandarin, my hubby and I talk to each other in Mandarin.

My parents, myself and brother used to stay in those govt rental unit with no bedroom when we were young for a few years. ;) Just put mattresses on the floor at night lor.

Edited by forgotten

My parents, myself and brother used to stay in those govt rental unit with no bedroom when we were young for a few years. ;) Just put mattresses on the floor at night lor.

Wa, you still have mattress, I slept on those hard wooden board covered with vinyl sheet only, while young. Till now my "back" very straight.

Edited by bepgof

once I rent out a unit to a family. The family went back to their home country for holiday w/o inform us.

They only lock the main door but left the main gate wide open.

We only found out when we went there to check on the unit.

We lock the main gate for them.

When they come back from holiday, I told the wife.

Lock the main gate. We don't stay there but you whole family things are inside.

If there is a break-in, will not be that good for your family. We had nothing to lose.

I told her a break-in case reported 1 wks ago. Happen that family also belong to their race and it happen when they went back to their home country for holiday.

After that, they very on. Always lock main door and main gate.

wow...all the comments doesn't seem to paint a nice picture on renting out :P

Do you all set house rules for your tenants? Any sample to share?

I would like to rent out my room but looking through the comments here, am kind of worried on the outcome :(