Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
moochi

My Car Was Being Hit & Run And Police Cannot Find The Culprit Who Did It.

The story goes like this,

I went to a BBQ at Downtown East on November 28 2009 and parked my car at the multi storey car park, when I return to the car after the BBQ, I found a huge dent at the back bumper! Went down to the security office to ask if the CCTV record any footage and was told to they cannot release the tapes to me and I should lodge a police report. Which I did and was told that the investigations will take 3 weeks. After waiting for 2 months, I finally called to ask for the inspector in charge who was following on the case. He was always not around and I left several message for him to call me back which he never did. I continue to try calling and leaving message in the voicemail and 2 days later, I got a letter saying that the investigations did not produce any substantive results.

Downtown East car parks have at least 5 CCTV on every level and so I wondered why the culprit was not found. I then lodge another appeal to the NPP at my place and he advises me to make a trip to traffic police to speak with the officer. When I went down, I was told no one was available and all I can do is to leave my contact with them and they will call me back. I did that and also request for the inspector number just in case.

Anyway to cut the story short, their respond to my appeal is that Downtown East "told" them that the video footage did not capture any collision and therefore, they cannot investigate further. Case Closed.

It's not the amount that I have to pay for the damages but the attitude I received and also that the culprit can escape scot free.

Any advice?

dentP1030532.jpg

dentP1030528.jpg

dentP1030522.jpg

dentP1030517.jpg

Edited by moochi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I really doubt if the inspector'd viewed all video, just to "catch" a car owner who had hit yr parked car & run. I think police has more "significant" tasks to be done.

If you feel unjustice yet to be justified, whether to car owner or to the inspector, may be can do these(need energy, time & $, worth?)

1. To find the truth if Police "borrowed" video ofr the accident day, write a letter to Downtown Easy Management attached with the police investigation report, enquired if "evidence" being borrow by police? Ask for permission to view the video.

2. Ask MP for letter to view video if rejected in 1. If ta jalan, let it rests as if .........

3. Next time, in case, you hit ppl's parked car, make sure leave yr contact number onto the car u hit, so the owner save time, energy & $ to find the cultpit. And hope will becoming a way of life/culture and everybody happy.

Note: I had same experience as u, very angry at first, "chiong" here & there to get evidence...

Edited by bepgof

I really doubt if the inspector'd viewed all video, just to "catch" a car owner who had hit yr parked car & run. I think police has more "significant" tasks to be done.

If you feel unjustice yet to be justified, whether to car owner or to the inspector, may be can do these(need energy, time & $, worth?)

1. To find the truth if Police "borrowed" video ofr the accident day, write a letter to Downtown Easy Management attached with the police investigation report, enquired if "evidence" being borrow by police? Ask for permission to view the video.

2. Ask MP for letter to view video if rejected in 1. If ta jalan, let it rests as if .........

3. Next time, in case, you hit ppl's parked car, make sure leave yr contact number onto the car u hit, so the owner save time, energy & $ to find the cultpit. And hope will becoming a way of life/culture and everybody happy.

Note: I had same experience as u, very angry at first, "chiong" here & there to get evidence...

Thanks for replying Terence, I think I know the end result is nothing much i can do, so LL lor... Just want to rant a little here and share my experience. It can happen to anyone. Hopefully, people can learn to be less selfish and inconsiderate.

Hi moochi,

Please repair the bumper yourself and live over it. I doubt you will every catch the person. This is part and parcel of driving in singapore. My car was also scratched by some driver when i had just changed a new bumper (Less than 2 weeks) after my accident claim.

Let it go!

Guess what happen, all of a sudden i got a call from the inspector today saying his superior saw my post in stomp and question him, etc. He explain to me saying he did went down to watch the video for a few hours but claims no car ever touch my car which is incredible! Where in the world the huge dent have gotten there if nothing touch my car!!! He says the accident did not happen in Downtown East carpark! Come on... Does he think I'm an idiot that I would not notice a huge hole on the car before? Some more I parked head in leh, wouldn't a normal person (non-blind) would have notice it if it were there when they parked? COME ON!!! sorry people for the rant but he got me going crazy again...

Anyway, I ask if he can help authorize me to view the tapes but he say there's nothing he can do.

Sign... back to square one again. Downtown East would def not release the tapes if the police do nothing to help.

So what was the call for? Not to help me but himself?!?

Guess what happen, all of a sudden i got a call from the inspector today saying his superior saw my post in stomp and question him, etc. He explain to me saying he did went down to watch the video for a few hours but claims no car ever touch my car which is incredible! Where in the world the huge dent have gotten there if nothing touch my car!!! He says the accident did not happen in Downtown East carpark! Come on... Does he think I'm an idiot that I would not notice a huge hole on the car before? Some more I parked head in leh, wouldn't a normal person (non-blind) would have notice it if it were there when they parked? COME ON!!! sorry people for the rant but he got me going crazy again...

Anyway, I ask if he can help authorize me to view the tapes but he say there's nothing he can do.

Sign... back to square one again. Downtown East would def not release the tapes if the police do nothing to help.

So what was the call for? Not to help me but himself?!?

when he said no car touch your car meaning the video footage had a good view of the rear of your car and no car bang into it or the video has no clear view but see some cars(some part of it) passing your car then he should look at those stopping suspiciously at the rear of your car. If there is, meaning more work for the inspector.