Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sitiilyani

Nearly Got Cheated By An Agent

I saw an advertisement near my mom's house stating that they are Chinese Indoniesian PRs. Just sold their private property. Wants to buy a house near our area. Willing to pay $20,000 to $50,000COV above valuation. No agent pls. Stated a miss Wong hp no. Called up, a Mr Kelvin answered, said that they are the agent for ms Wong. Ask About details of my mom's flat. Askling the valuation price. I told him that we are looking at $500,000k. Then he asked me whether the flat is in my name or co-own. I told him my mom's only. Asked me for my mom's singpass. I ask for what we are not engaging him to be my agent, he then told me that how to know how much proceeds will my mom get, and also for paperwork. I told him off no thank you. I can do it myself. Tell me when can the buyer come for appt. I told him tommorrow sunday at 2pm. Then next day 10mins before 2pm his colleague called, saying that the buyer is overseas and that he would like to have a look at the house. I told him no, we expect the buyer and no one mention that the buyer is overseas. He said he knows what the buyer wants. I told him no. He then came up to our house. Asking us if he could take some pictures for the buyer. I said no way!!! Duh!!! Can they do this. Never expect the buyer becomes the agent and then his colleague and then wanna take picture of the house!! Anyone has this experience before.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

don't give stranger ur singpass

Since they already know ur mother is sole owner. Tell ur mother don't answer any call, door visit or sign any DOC w/o ur present.

Ask urself if a Chinese Indonesian PR just sold their private property, will they go around and advertising themselves.

It indicate No agent b'coz they want to take both side commission.

But if u plan to do DIY, be prepare a lot of calls from agent.

agents like this have been throwing flyers all around, they just want to find leads to sell your property, I always just ignore such flyers.

I saw an advertisement near my mom's house stating that they are Chinese Indoniesian PRs. Just sold their private property. Wants to buy a house near our area. Willing to pay $20,000 to $50,000COV above valuation. No agent pls. Stated a miss Wong hp no. Called up, a Mr Kelvin answered, said that they are the agent for ms Wong. Ask About details of my mom's flat. Askling the valuation price. I told him that we are looking at $500,000k. Then he asked me whether the flat is in my name or co-own. I told him my mom's only. Asked me for my mom's singpass. I ask for what we are not engaging him to be my agent, he then told me that how to know how much proceeds will my mom get, and also for paperwork. I told him off no thank you. I can do it myself. Tell me when can the buyer come for appt. I told him tommorrow sunday at 2pm. Then next day 10mins before 2pm his colleague called, saying that the buyer is overseas and that he would like to have a look at the house. I told him no, we expect the buyer and no one mention that the buyer is overseas. He said he knows what the buyer wants. I told him no. He then came up to our house. Asking us if he could take some pictures for the buyer. I said no way!!! Duh!!! Can they do this. Never expect the buyer becomes the agent and then his colleague and then wanna take picture of the house!! Anyone has this experience before.

Woah so aggressive, may I ask which company they're from?

Woah so aggressive, may I ask which company they're from?

As an agent should you be surprised? This is a common practice.

Ms. Chen. Ms Wong..

Seen so many, often handwritten and photocopied..

As an agent should you be surprised? This is a common practice.

Ms. Chen. Ms Wong..

Seen so many, often handwritten and photocopied..

Well....not all Agents practise such behaviour...

Well....not all Agents practise such behaviour...

I stand corrected. MOST property agents are dubious & scheming.

I'll tell u guys a story. We were looking for a unit around AMK 3 years ago & found what we wanted. High floor, good surroundings & the COV met our requirements, which was $45K above valuation. Was about to sign the S&P agreement the next day when the agent suddenly called & said someone has offered $60K & asked whether we want to top up. Mind you, we dont have an agent representing us.

The agent (for the seller) beforehand, assured us then that anyone meeting the sellers' asking price will get it.

We asked for confirmation & evidence that such offer do exist & apparently so, it does. We decline the offer as $60K was too much to pay for.

Here comes the twist : Met the seller 2 months after that quite by chance & asked have they moved out. They told me that the agent played them out as well. The $60K offer was from one of the agent's friend to jack up the prices in hoping I would buy at a higher price. In the end, the 60K offer was pulled out & the owner appointed another agent & sold it for $32K above value.

Its a loss loss situation for the seller & the would be buyer (myself)

Now, if property agents can resort to these sneaky tactics I do wonder what kind of upbringing their family background is. If they want to make a profit, do it honestly.

Cheers

Edited by vicenzo70

I stand corrected. MOST property agents are dubious & scheming.

I'll tell u guys a story. We were looking for a unit around AMK 3 years ago & found what we wanted. High floor, good surroundings & the COV met our requirements, which was $45K above valuation. Was about to sign the S&P agreement the next day when the agent suddenly called & said someone has offered $60K & asked whether we want to top up. Mind you, we dont have an agent representing us.

The agent (for the seller) beforehand, assured us then that anyone meeting the sellers' asking price will get it.

We asked for confirmation & evidence that such offer do exist & apparently so, it does. We decline the offer as $60K was too much to pay for.

Here comes the twist : Met the seller 2 months after that quite by chance & asked have they moved out. They told me that the agent played them out as well. The $60K offer was from one of the agent's friend to jack up the prices in hoping I would buy at a higher price. In the end, the 60K offer was pulled out & the owner appointed another agent & sold it for $32K above value.

Its a loss loss situation for the seller & the would be buyer (myself)

Now, if property agents can resort to these sneaky tactics I do wonder what kind of upbringing their family background is. If they want to make a profit, do it honestly.

Cheers

It is TRUE.

Some Agents do that, I've encountered this myself:

Was serving a buyer (my friend) looking at flats in Yishun, we saw a decent unit which my friend liked,

His budget was 30k COV, I offered 20k COV to the Sellers Agent, Sellers Agent told me she has another offer 26k, fine I up my offer to 27k, then she told me she has another offer also 27k...I was like what the helll? so fast you got another matching offer?

I told my friend to forget it, helped him find a better unit at 15k COV.

3-days later the Sellers Agent called me to tell me the Owner is considering my buyer's 27k offer, ask if my buyer has found a place....I tell her sorry we already found another place....

Edited by Plastic3

One day, a man was driving his car along a winding and mountainous road. Along one of the bends, he saw a man standing by the side of the road crying. Curious, he stopped his car and came out to talk to the man.

"Why are you crying?" the man asks.

The crying man said "A bus just drove off the cliff and plunged into the sea below. It was full of real estate agents!"

The driver laughs "Hah! So why are you crying then?"

Between sobs, the man replied "Because there were still two empty seats in it."

other than the Singpass thing which i deem abit too much, which other parts are scheming?

cant they really be acting for a client to do filter visit and take some pictures??

other than the Singpass thing which i deem abit too much, which other parts are scheming?

cant they really be acting for a client to do filter visit and take some pictures??

Right. Haven't met an agent so helpful. I'm HIGHLY doubtful on that scenario happening.

I second vicenzo70.

U mean if u are a potential buyer .. u will appoint an agent to go inspect for u?

Even if is true, how keen wld this agent's buyer be?

Agents are all fishing lah. Treat all as suspicious characters.

well since they say its indo chinese...why not possible?

of cos it all sounds suspicious but need to be so rude?? anyw to each his own...mayb for me, i jus see no harm in the coming to view a flat im trying to sell..

U mean if u are a potential buyer .. u will appoint an agent to go inspect for u?

Even if is true, how keen wld this agent's buyer be?

Agents are all fishing lah. Treat all as suspicious characters.

yeah, just got call from agent, keep telling me good buy good buy.. studio around Mount Emily..

Agents are just interested to broker the deal, they don't care whether the buyer or seller gets a good deal.

They only want to know.. how much commission they can receive....

btw eiffel76, what yoongf and vincenzo76 say is true.