Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adryz

Help/advise Needed.

dear bro & sis,

i need advise here..my agent sold & source flats for me, this is in aug last year.I put a deposit on a flat which i like however the transaction fell though & i did not even attend 1st appointment.i lost about 1.5k in deposit..my selling have when through & completion in dec2009.

i paid the agent his 2% commission + gst for selling my flat..then he ask me to pay for buying also..ha?? i did not sign any exclusive in buying & selling with him as i have engage his services before..he keep pestering but hubby & i am firm about not paying him for the buying part.so months had past & i have found a flat on my own & waiting for completion.

then today i receive an invoice frm the agency address to my have "yet to own flat"...for the buying..

wat am i to do? i have lost $$ on the cancellation of the previous buying due to bank loan cancellation & rental after we sold our flat.

any advise is much appreciated.. :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
dear bro & sis,

i need advise here..my agent sold & source flats for me, this is in aug last year.I put a deposit on a flat which i like however the transaction fell though & i did not even attend 1st appointment.i lost about 1.5k in deposit..my selling have when through & completion in dec2009.

i paid the agent his 2% commission + gst for selling my flat..then he ask me to pay for buying also..ha?? i did not sign any exclusive in buying & selling with him as i have engage his services before..he keep pestering but hubby & i am firm about not paying him for the buying part.so months had past & i have found a flat on my own & waiting for completion.

then today i receive an invoice frm the agency address to my have "yet to own flat"...for the buying..

wat am i to do? i have lost $$ on the cancellation of the previous buying due to bank loan cancellation & rental after we sold our flat.

any advise is much appreciated.. :(

If you haven't signed any commission form for the buying of the house via that agent, you are safe and can ignore the agency's letter. I think the agent is greedy and trying his luck to get more bucks from you.

If you haven't signed any commission form for the buying of the house via that agent, you are safe and can ignore the agency's letter. I think the agent is greedy and trying his luck to get more bucks from you.

this is also wat hubby say...but how he find out about my soon to be new home? i scared that he will harass my seller..haiz i did call the agency, they say the agent ask to issue the invoice & tat i need to check with him directly...ha??

i do not want to communicate wit him anymore... :(

If that agent comes to your doorstep to harrass both of you further, you can threaten him that you will report him to the police for harrassment! 8|

The house sale did not progress till the 2nd appointment, it was incomplete. There's no reason that the agent can demand you to pay commission for it lor.

Even my agent mentioned that we did not need to pay her commission if we didn't manage to purchase the house successfully. We only need to pay her the commission after 2nd appointment.

Edited by forgotten

Make sure u get agent name and NRIC number, contact number. Then tell agent that next contact will be police report for harassment.

Internet very powerful these days. If u gung ho, then u post the police report online in some blog.

so months had past & i have found a flat on my own & waiting for completion.

Since you have found your new home on your own, you don't really need to pay the Agent.

Hi adryz,

The invoice is bill for the unit which transaction that fail or the unit that you found urself?

Hi adryz,

The invoice is bill for the unit which transaction that fail or the unit that you found urself?

hi,

its for the failed transaction..i sms the agent telling him that we wont pay..but got no respond...:(

hi,

its for the failed transaction..i sms the agent telling him that we wont pay..but got no respond... :(

I second what Yoongy suggested. Forgotten got strong valid pt- failed transaction = no link between offer & acceptance, thus invalid contract, therefore no comm.

Edited by bepgof