Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rasfene

陈家丽室 Our Home ...

A lounge chair, to be placed in the living room as well. We ordered this in sexy, passionate RED. :wub:

loungechair.jpg

How much is your sexy, passionate lounge chair ? :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haha ngunadi :lol: , our super sexy lounge chair is slightly more than $800 after 20% discount and inclusive of gst.

How much is your sexy, passionate lounge chair ? :D

Hi

My layout is exactly the same as yours. And we are affected by lift upgrade as well. Can I ask if the residents get to vote for the lift position ? Or was yours already decided by HDB ?

Hmm, we were actually rather concerned about this lift upgrading issue as well before we began the reno as our living room design would need to incorporate the new opening as well as applying for a relevant hacking permit from the authorities.

Hence, we emailed hdb to ask about the layout and they replied to inform us that we would need to have a 2nd opening at our balcony.

I do not think that we could have a choice to vote for the lift position. Maybe you would like to email hdb about it? They respond rather quickly... ;)

Hi

My layout is exactly the same as yours. And we are affected by lift upgrade as well. Can I ask if the residents get to vote for the lift position ? Or was yours already decided by HDB ?

Dear all,

Our renovation has just started last week and we are really excited to share the progress of our house with all of you. The forum has been a really valuable source of information and also an inspiration for the both of us.....

After sourcing for many many months, we have finally decided to work with Loyd from Dhome as our ID. His ideas are very refreshing and he is able to do constructive space planning for us even though we had alot of restrictions right from the start due to the fengshui of our house. Also, we were impressed with his previous work and so we hope to create a beautiful home under his guidance.

And here comes pictures :sport-smiley-018:

Here is our original floorplan.... with inputs from our fsm.

originallayout.jpg

And this is our final floorplan... after much discussion with loyd.

Finallayout.jpg

The hacking to be done....

More pictures to be up soon......

Hi Rasfene,

Good Morning! So excited to see your blog. :sport-smiley-004:

Your layout is similar to mine, except that my kitchen doesn't have that window in the middle. If Im not wrong, your layout is same as reiki. You might want to take a look at his reno blog, cause he did a wonderful transformation. Hee.. :D

My block is also undergoing lift upgrading. My unit is at the existing lifts lobby stretch so no need to open another entrance @ the balcony, but my neighbours at the other stretch also had to open entrance like yours.

Hee.. looking at your final reno layout, its very close to ours as we also 'open' up the kitchen entrance @ that wall, alter the toilet entrance, hacked the store to combine with the room, built another room @ the dining area. But we didnt combine the 2 rooms into a huge mbr, we kept a small room instead, so we got 4 bedrooms. Hee.. :lol:

We didnt do anything to our balcony as we like to have the balcony. Are you leveling up your balcony to merge with the living rm? Saw the curved lines @ the balcony and kitchen area on your layout plan, are you doing something interesting at those areas?

Looking forward to your transformation! :)

Oh and just to share about the lift upgrading, its voted by the residents, not decided by the hdb. I remember previously when the lift upgrading plan was brought up by hdb, there's alot of meeting with the residents to discuss the most ideal plan to do the lift for those unit not along the stretch of the existing lift (due to the unique structure of the block).

Finally they came up with this solution, ie to open the new entrance @ the balcony as if the lift is done @ the stairs flight, the resident still need to climb to reach the lift (like what you mentioned earlier). After they finalise on this plan, then the voting is conducted. During the voting, there's alot of hdb staff around to explain the lift construction and plans to the residents. We did get to vote that time. Hee.. I suppose for those who didnt get to vote, most probably the voting phase had been over already when you purchase the flat.

Hmm, we were actually rather concerned about this lift upgrading issue as well before we began the reno as our living room design would need to incorporate the new opening as well as applying for a relevant hacking permit from the authorities.

Hence, we emailed hdb to ask about the layout and they replied to inform us that we would need to have a 2nd opening at our balcony.

I do not think that we could have a choice to vote for the lift position. Maybe you would like to email hdb about it? They respond rather quickly... ;)

Great ! Will email HDB then. Because we intend to have a wall light but if the door to lift is going to be at the balcony area, then i have to change the position.

Thks again :) And good luck in your renovation !

Oh and just to share about the lift upgrading, its voted by the residents, not decided by the hdb. I remember previously when the lift upgrading plan was brought up by hdb, there's alot of meeting with the residents to discuss the most ideal plan to do the lift for those unit not along the stretch of the existing lift (due to the unique structure of the block).

Finally they came up with this solution, ie to open the new entrance @ the balcony as if the lift is done @ the stairs flight, the resident still need to climb to reach the lift (like what you mentioned earlier). After they finalise on this plan, then the voting is conducted. During the voting, there's alot of hdb staff around to explain the lift construction and plans to the residents. We did get to vote that time. Hee.. I suppose for those who didnt get to vote, most probably the voting phase had been over already when you purchase the flat.

Hi Rasp

Understand yours is already lift level. There is a booklet that HDB issued for each lift upgrade before the voting. Can share with us how much it would roughly cost for 5 Rm ?

Thks & Rgds

we received the booklet too! its about 3k for our 5I unit.

Hi Rasp

Understand yours is already lift level. There is a booklet that HDB issued for each lift upgrade before the voting. Can share with us how much it would roughly cost for 5 Rm ?

Thks & Rgds

we received the booklet too! its about 3k for our 5I unit.

Our 4 room was $2k plus but the buyer of our flat will be paying (The existing lift is undergoing upgrade, hence they will only bill after all completed). Lucky the lift is already operating so we can still use it for our house shifting.

So do you know if the $3k includes the door ? as in it includes the hacking costs to the balcony & provision of a door ?

I just emailed HDB about the location, though forgot to ask this.

Our 4 room was $2k plus but the buyer of our flat will be paying (The existing lift is undergoing upgrade, hence they will only bill after all completed). Lucky the lift is already operating so we can still use it for our house shifting.

So do you know if the $3k includes the door ? as in it includes the hacking costs to the balcony & provision of a door ?

I just emailed HDB about the location, though forgot to ask this.

If I'm not wrong the cost is a subsidized payment on our end. It would include everything. though you might want to have spare tiles around for them to touch up the entrance area if your floor tiles are unique.

If I'm not wrong the cost is a subsidized payment on our end. It would include everything. though you might want to have spare tiles around for them to touch up the entrance area if your floor tiles are unique.

coincidentally we both are using loyd, both our projects started and are due at the same time.

(hi loyd if you are reading this, now i know what you were busy with lol)

drop me a pm with your number to discuss more?

Hi all, been a very long time since the last update. Very busy with work and stuff.... :rolleyes:

Not much update on the home front... tiling work is taking quite some time. Both the mbr and kitchen toilets' wall and floor tiles are complete.... As the house takes shape, I think the parents are getting more receptive towards the entire feel.

Here is our new room, freshly constructed from the materials mistakenly ordered to build the store-room which we have asked to remove. Planning for this to be our future baby room... although now it shall serve to be our MAHJONG room. :D

IMAG0440.jpg

The living room with our ultra glossy black tiles. My camera cant capture the effect well.

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0457.jpg

Our kitchen reno.....

The start of kitchen tiling. Before.

IMAG0452.jpg

After.

IMAG0459.jpg

Lets zoom in! We chose a wood-lookalike tile to match our creamy theme for the kitchen. I think this tile is named as 'driftwood' or something.

IMAG0464.jpg

Good workmanship! Joint from floor to walls are straight.

IMAG0460.jpg

Nice step-up to the kitchen toilet...

IMAG0461.jpg