Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

uhh 4 tyres would be soo big....for a sooo small house...

too many projects but too little time and space to do...

it was a little too late that i discovered the website which shows plans on how to construct your own bed, sofa, chairs...etc...

but im interested in doing this:

http://ana-white.com/2010/03/plans-simple-...-can-build.html

i always wanted a billy bookshelf, one that does not warp. Not i can use plywood to do it.... :)

so many exciting projects there to play with... haha...

but most probably will only work on it later in march...too many things to handle now...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Picked up a free ikea used table from a kind renotalker. Had to do some work to it as the laminate was stained and scratched.

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

Realising that i cannot save the laminate, i decided to flip the table over, i.e. use the unpainted side as the top. Putty up the used holes and sanded it rough for preparation.

IMAG0407.jpg

Spray painted it with 1.5 bottles of paint:

IMAG0415.jpg

IMAG0413.jpg

All looking good...but the impatient me flipped the table top over while paint is not dried yet and now all my hard work is gone to the drain... the nice white table is now stained with newspaper marks and is so disgusting...

im totally sad...

Baby consoled me and offered to help me salvage it over the weekend.... im keeping my fingers crossed....

Picked up a free ikea used table from a kind renotalker. Had to do some work to it as the laminate was stained and scratched.

[All looking good...but the impatient me flipped the table top over while paint is not dried yet and now all my hard work is gone to the drain... the nice white table is now stained with newspaper marks and is so disgusting...

im totally sad...

Baby consoled me and offered to help me salvage it over the weekend.... im keeping my fingers crossed....

Hmm.. an easier way maybe be to go to bras basah and go buy a role of those PU sticky paper and stick on the table? It would be easier to maintain too.

Hmm.. an easier way maybe be to go to bras basah and go buy a role of those PU sticky paper and stick on the table? It would be easier to maintain too.

im trying to achieve the glossy white effect...u know when u spray a thick layer of acrylic paint, it gives a very glossy look and smooth to touch.

... those PU sticky paper...water resistant..? Available in art-friend..? Maybe i will try the PU paper if all else fails...haha...

baby said it can be sanded down and repainted. Shall try oil based paint to see if its better... :)

baby said it can be sanded down and repainted. Shall try oil based paint to see if its better... :)

whr do u intend to use this piece of furniture?

be careful using solvent-based paint in areas or on items to be used in areas where naked flame is present. may pose a fire hazard.

be careful using solvent-based paint in areas or on items to be used in areas where naked flame is present. may pose a fire hazard.

oh no worries, its just going to be my "new" table in my room (my parents house)

just going to be a normal study table... :)

What a day of drilling and doing stuff. Did quite a fair bit for today.

Fixed up the tyre coffeetable

IMAG0435.jpg

IMAG0439.jpg

What we did:

Fix castors onto the round wood (customed to size)

Screw the tyre onto the wood and Stick the 2nd tyre onto the first using expoxy glue.

Put up the glass top and its done!

:)

Fixed up round mirror in kitchen. Its those round mirrors that are too cheap to resist during an ikea sale.

IMAG0441.jpg

Fixed up a rod to hang dish drainer and maybe some plants later.

IMAG0443.jpg

One issue in our WIW that has been bothering me:

wiwmirrorbeforewithcomments.jpg

Our solution is to build a frame to mount the WIW mirror so that we can centralise the mirror for that area. So that its better look asthetically.

So we built this frame using pieces of wood cut to size from Hardware shop:

IMAG0430.jpg

Yes thats my wifey doing the drilling! Amazing right!! :)

Frame is built:

IMAG0434.jpg

Finally!

IMAG0447.jpg

Amazingly now the wardrobe looks bigger...i think its just an illusion of space... hmm...

IMAG0445.jpg

*clap clap clap* nice industrial WIW you guys have came up with.

wow, u really support ikea a lot!

anyway, I called SJ yesterday. the boss, James spoke to me. asked him for my requirement on:

1. Glass swing door for kitchen (10mm, tempered glass) - $480

2. Sliding glass shower screen - $1200

hmmm... a bit high for me. :(

*clap clap clap* nice industrial WIW you guys have came up with.

wow, u really support ikea a lot!

anyway, I called SJ yesterday. the boss, James spoke to me. asked him for my requirement on:

1. Glass swing door for kitchen (10mm, tempered glass) - $480

2. Sliding glass shower screen - $1200

hmmm... a bit high for me. :(

Thanks! :) i guess im like ikea's target market segment...haha... really a fun process doing all these. Now its like we have too many ideas to implement but not enough space in the house as its just a 3 room. :P

Oh sorry to hear about the glass...their charges for the glass was cheap so i thought u could try them for your glass and mirror works...

actually for glass works can do later, after furniture is in also. Like that would make it safer when workers are moving the fridge, washer, etc...so that they don't damage your glass. So should still have some time to shop around...

Cheerss! :)

I found the cheapest source for bi-fld door.

Tech Guan (Mr Choo) - $150 per set (bottom track one)

I am still looking for Shower Screen set. He quoted $420. looks good, but i believe there is below $400 one out there... =)

I found the cheapest source for bi-fld door.

Tech Guan (Mr Choo) - $150 per set (bottom track one)

I am still looking for Shower Screen set. He quoted $420. looks good, but i believe there is below $400 one out there... =)

my contractor quoted me $780 for 2 glass shower screens (= $390 for 1). i guess you can try to bargain further..... :)

but can't comment on the quality cos eventually didn't install due to space/layout issues :P

wow... impressed with ur DIY!

me and hubby wanted to DIY a couple of things actually.. but coz of all the reno headaches my ID gave us.. we kind of pushed it aside..

now.. reading ur blog... im so motivated again! :)

need some tips from u!

these are the 2 things in my mind that I wanna DIY..

1) Bicycle clock

bicycleclock.jpg

2) Pallet coffeetable

pallet.jpg

http://papernstitchblog.com/2010/11/16/tut...-a-wood-pallet/

any idea where i can get the clock hands?... and the pallet? :D