Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

I found the cheapest source for bi-fld door.

Tech Guan (Mr Choo) - $150 per set (bottom track one)

I am still looking for Shower Screen set. He quoted $420. looks good, but i believe there is below $400 one out there... =)

i ever saw those bi-fold door at below $100 on classifieds...but dun dare to try...haha...too cheap till im scared. $150 is a good price already... :)

did my shower screen at $380 thru contractor. think length is around 1.3 to 1.4m. 10mm tempered swing door.

that time i was looking at classifieds, quite a few offering $350 or so. So surely can be done below $400.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wow... impressed with ur DIY!

me and hubby wanted to DIY a couple of things actually.. but coz of all the reno headaches my ID gave us.. we kind of pushed it aside..

now.. reading ur blog... im so motivated again! :)

need some tips from u!

these are the 2 things in my mind that I wanna DIY..

1) Bicycle clock

bicycleclock.jpg

2) Pallet coffeetable

pallet.jpg

http://papernstitchblog.com/2010/11/16/tut...-a-wood-pallet/

any idea where i can get the clock hands?... and the pallet? :D

wow the bicycle clock is so nice la... but the clock mechanism will work or not...haa.... not so sure...

heard art friends sell clock mechanism. :) Or can dismantle from a cheap ikea clock?

do post on your blog if its successful ya..? :)

Pallet is free...just drive around industrial areas on wk ends...and steal... thats how i got mine.... :P

wow the bicycle clock is so nice la... but the clock mechanism will work or not...haa.... not so sure...

heard art friends sell clock mechanism. :) Or can dismantle from a cheap ikea clock?

do post on your blog if its successful ya..? :)

Pallet is free...just drive around industrial areas on wk ends...and steal... thats how i got mine.... :P

hmm.. i dunno if the clock mechanism will work!.. need to find one.. shall check out artfriend and spotlight when my house is more or less rectified..

i hope it works.. will post if i manage to do it... =p

the pallet part is a bit of a problem for me.. haha.. me and my hubby both ride bikes... so.... even if i see one~... i cant steal it!

hmm.. i dunno if the clock mechanism will work!.. need to find one.. shall check out artfriend and spotlight when my house is more or less rectified..

i hope it works.. will post if i manage to do it... =p

the pallet part is a bit of a problem for me.. haha.. me and my hubby both ride bikes... so.... even if i see one~... i cant steal it!

maybe u can still steal a small pallet using a bike... :)

was looking at some stuff i stolen online... think this looks brilliant as well... :)

pallet-project-nina.jpg

my contractor quoted me $780 for 2 glass shower screens (= $390 for 1). i guess you can try to bargain further..... :)

but can't comment on the quality cos eventually didn't install due to space/layout issues :P

Is that one piece of shower screen? any doors to it?

just sharing my contact from AOS; shower screen tempered glass, 1 fixed, 1 slide for $450. :)

wow... impressed with ur DIY!

me and hubby wanted to DIY a couple of things actually.. but coz of all the reno headaches my ID gave us.. we kind of pushed it aside..

now.. reading ur blog... im so motivated again! :)

need some tips from u!

these are the 2 things in my mind that I wanna DIY..

1) Bicycle clock

bicycleclock.jpg

2) Pallet coffeetable

pallet.jpg

http://papernstitchblog.com/2010/11/16/tut...-a-wood-pallet/

any idea where i can get the clock hands?... and the pallet? :D

tks! :) it's really quite fun after you start... we can't stop now...

the clock mechanism, i recommend you get it at neighbourhood places.. those shops where they sell nearly everything like household items, etc.. some of the clock hands are really nice... if you get ikea, you might need to spray it into other colors as the white clocks ikea has comes with red hands (i think)... you can get the clocks from neighbourhood stores for as low as 3 - 4 bucks...

the only thing is that the clock medhanisms are usually rectangular in shapes and they might be not concealed nicely. you might need to tamper with the mechanism somewhat...

you can get the pallet from most industrial places... i do suggest that you and ur hubby go scouting with 1 bike... that way, if you happen to find a pallet, you can take a cab home with the pallet while ur hubby rides home.. preferably, you should look out at places which deals with papers, plastic, etc... try not to go for areas which deals with metals, food, etc... my experience is that the pallets that are discarded are usually dirty or wet or damaged... you can ask anyone around before removing the pallets.. they are usually accomodating as the pallets are to be thrown away anyway... :)

Happy diy-ing!

im trying to achieve the glossy white effect...u know when u spray a thick layer of acrylic paint, it gives a very glossy look and smooth to touch.

... those PU sticky paper...water resistant..? Available in art-friend..? Maybe i will try the PU paper if all else fails...haha...

baby said it can be sanded down and repainted. Shall try oil based paint to see if its better... :)

Yes, it's water resistant. No need to go Art-Friend. just those shops at Level 1 that makes banners & signs. I think there's one shop that's called A1 tha sells it.

Is that one piece of shower screen? any doors to it?

just sharing my contact from AOS; shower screen tempered glass, 1 fixed, 1 slide for $450. :)

yup.... but it's hinged door, not sliding one ;)

Yes, it's water resistant. No need to go Art-Friend. just those shops at Level 1 that makes banners & signs. I think there's one shop that's called A1 tha sells it.

i think still need to sand smooth the surface before sticking the "sticker", else will not be nice de... :) also need to stick carefully to minimise trapped air bubbles~

but i'm sure gimz has the skill to do it nice nice :lol:

bro, check with you on bi-fold doors for bathroom.

ur $160 from unipac is bottom track, or top track, or top & bottom tracking system?

i was told cheap one is bottom track. more expensive one if top track. top & bottom track most expensive. true?

bro, check with you on bi-fold doors for bathroom.

ur $160 from unipac is bottom track, or top track, or top & bottom tracking system?

i was told cheap one is bottom track. more expensive one if top track. top & bottom track most expensive. true?

I was told tat top track dun last. Bottom track better. So got a bottom track le...

aiyoo.. so many different opinions. anyway, i went ahead with top and btm track...

sianz, i too last minute confirm on glass work. everywhere stop production already. gotta wait unti 12-feb-11 for most companies to start biz...

Just back in SG after a 8 day 7 night trip in BKK. Still cannot adjust to no shopping and no bangkok street food. :P

A good lobang to share:

JJ market - section which sells plates, cups, etc. They are DIRT CHEAP. really dirt cheap and quality is good, thick and solid feel for plates, bowls, cups... Too bad we already bought ours. Haii... but still grabbed 2 esepresso cups and container for sauce. :)

espresso cup plus saucer at $2. duh!

cup.jpg

Also went to the super croweded Ratchada Market (Lat Pharo station) which sells vintage stuff. Highly recomended to visit! GOt a wall sticker which will enhance the look of the housse making it more spacious and tall.

sticker.jpg

Also, we got our teapot for wedding ceremony from Ikea. Reason is that we do not want wedding teapots which cannot be used for normal days after our marriage ceremony. So we pasted the "double happiness" stickers on it, and will tie some red ribbon or stuff to make it more wedding like. So this way, we can re-use the teapots after the tea ceremony by simply tearing off the stickers!

IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

Also, we got our teapot for wedding ceremony from Ikea. Reason is that we do not want wedding teapots which cannot be used for normal days after our marriage ceremony. So we pasted the "double happiness" stickers on it, and will tie some red ribbon or stuff to make it more wedding like. So this way, we can re-use the teapots after the tea ceremony by simply tearing off the stickers!

IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

Ingenious!

I'm going to BKK end-Feb for mini-honeymoon... but more like shopping trip for home decor and accessories. :P

Edited by csingeu

Ingenious!

I'm going to BKK end-Feb for mini-honeymoon... but more like shopping trip for home decor and accessories. :P

TQ! My wifey's idea.. :)

BKK is great for home decor.... plates, kitchenware (they even have golden frying pan - not sure if u want to use it to cook?), retro fans, nice wooden stuff if u are into them..etc. Saw some shops at JJ market having brochures for wedding cards, etc also but did not check out the prices.

I spotted a flip clock at a shop in Union mall, looks very nice at around 5400 baht. (before bargaining - shop owner not keen to entertain me)

after looking at BKK prices for plates, im kicking myself for buying the ikea set of plates and bowls @$25. (though usual price is $42)