Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baby81984

3-room Resale In The West

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

worth every cent.

Is it? So it will work on laminate room door. I have oil base sealer primer and I not sure this one can use for laiminate room door. Did u try to paint ceiling fan?

Is it? So it will work on laminate room door. I have oil base sealer primer and I not sure this one can use for laiminate room door. Did u try to paint ceiling fan?

dean, that thing you bought will not work on laminate. Forget about using it.

you would end up with a door with peeling paint. afterwhich, you have to spend more money to replace the door as it would be too hideous.

haven't tried painting ceiling fan before as mine is relatively new. Do check out Art fren for spray paints, they have direct to metal/direct to plastic spray paint if you wanna try out your painting of ceiling fans.

Cheers!

dean, that thing you bought will not work on laminate. Forget about using it.

you would end up with a door with peeling paint. afterwhich, you have to spend more money to replace the door as it would be too hideous.

haven't tried painting ceiling fan before as mine is relatively new. Do check out Art fren for spray paints, they have direct to metal/direct to plastic spray paint if you wanna try out your painting of ceiling fans.

Cheers!

no lah i don't want to spray paint ceiling fans. okay i bought bulls eye 123 primer. thanks for advice. Btw I go art friend buy sponge roller but quite difficult to use cos paint keep dripping on the floor leh. Not sure buy correct sponge roller or not?

Edited by dean

no lah i don't want to spray paint ceiling fans. okay i bought bulls eye 123 primer. thanks for advice. Btw I go art friend buy sponge roller but quite difficult to use cos paint keep dripping on the floor leh. Not sure buy correct sponge roller or not?

oh man, dean u need to apply thin coats...really thin ones... roller sponge i think only got one type, though it comes in different sizes.

oh man, dean u need to apply thin coats...really thin ones... roller sponge i think only got one type, though it comes in different sizes.

haiz, the room door with picture and i don't know it is laminated or wallpaper. but i scrapper it, door no more laminate/wallpaper and i apply bulls eye 123 primer. the sponge is yellow with blue handle?

haiz, the room door with picture and i don't know it is laminated or wallpaper. but i scrapper it, door no more laminate/wallpaper and i apply bulls eye 123 primer. the sponge is yellow with blue handle?

uh? any pictures to show for your door?

yeap sponge is yellow with blue handle. Do apply thin coats and mix a bit of water for easy application.

Simple DIY to do a ledge for wife's small little pets. Its supposed to look like this:

IMAG1671.jpg

Yet to complete the simple project as we were simply too nua... anyway, the concept is to join 3 pieces of wood together. We are experimenting using simply carpenter glue, so this is what happens when the ingenious carperter is also a wife:

IMAG1684.jpg

"clamps" to hold the wood! I burst out laughing when i saw that!!

uh? any pictures to show for your door?

yeap sponge is yellow with blue handle. Do apply thin coats and mix a bit of water for easy application.

a bit of water is how many ml? oh must mix with water for easy application, no wonder so difficult to apply undercoat.

need to add turpentine if i apply Nippon Undercoat? I apply on wood surface because the picture of door is totally removed.

The door not smooth after apply bulls eye 123 primer, i use sandpaper to smooth the surface.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae19/dean188/hdb/IMG_0307.jpg i don't have full picture of existing door

IMG_0340.jpg

paint bulls eye 123 primer. haven't paint with white gloss paint. Is there any white paint won't turn yellowish? is it dulux satinwood?

Edited by dean

Wah kao. Both you and your wife are superb DIY KING & QUEEN.

After almost 2 years still DIYing. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Love all the ideas you all had. So far for my DIY project, some fail 1/2 way, some stop 1/2 way.. lol

Only some manage to complete and put to use LOL...

You can be RenoTalk DIY consultant liao.... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

a bit of water is how many ml? oh must mix with water for easy application, no wonder so difficult to apply undercoat.

need to add turpentine if i apply Nippon Undercoat? I apply on wood surface because the picture of door is totally removed.

The door not smooth after apply bulls eye 123 primer, i use sandpaper to smooth the surface.

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae19/dean188/hdb/IMG_0307.jpg i don't have full picture of existing door

IMG_0340.jpg

paint bulls eye 123 primer. haven't paint with white gloss paint. Is there any white paint won't turn yellowish? is it dulux satinwood?

hi dean,

looks like the primer is doing well? though still a big of brown on the door.

my painter had painted gloss white paint on my door previously, not sure what they use but it havent turn yellow till now. My wife totally hates oil based paint as it is very smelly! Nippon has a water based paint for wood, try it out, it works well enough for us. At least it does not stink...

Wah kao. Both you and your wife are superb DIY KING & QUEEN.

After almost 2 years still DIYing. :thumbs up: :thumbs up:

Love all the ideas you all had. So far for my DIY project, some fail 1/2 way, some stop 1/2 way.. lol

Only some manage to complete and put to use LOL...

You can be RenoTalk DIY consultant liao.... :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

thanks Battle for the kind words! :) i guess our itchy hands had slowed down quite a bit, now not very "on" about DIY liao, most probably becos our house has no more space left to put anything...

many ideas are sourced from internet, there are many creative people out there! One interesting idea we saw was that people used fabric and glued it to their door, we were so tempted to try! But lazy us... hahah...

Previous painter paint master room toilet door frame to nippon oil base 9052 white gloss color but after 2 month it turn yellowish. Nippon water based for wood/metal white color will turn yellowish or not? Nippon water based wood/metal paint need add water or not? Can advise me? Thank you