Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
htng

3d Drawing By Hand Or Computer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guys

Usually the ID will draw the 3D using handsketch or using PC?

drykitchen.jpg

IMG.jpg

see this two recent handsketch by Tiler Seng...

before there was 3D Max, id drawn very well, later part with the invention of 3D Max,

Some designer had chance to upgrade, some remained because too busy plus lazy (like me)

Tell you something new to you- the younger generation do not know how to draw with a pen.. sadly :P

Computer software has made 3D drawings much easier - can do multiple perspectives also

But renovation works still require people to do ;) Can't computerise that yet !

drykitchen.jpg

IMG.jpg

see this two recent handsketch by Tiler Seng...

before there was 3D Max, id drawn very well, later part with the invention of 3D Max,

Some designer had chance to upgrade, some remained because too busy plus lazy (like me)

Tell you something new to you- the younger generation do not know how to draw with a pen.. sadly :P

my ID 1st give me a hand sketched perspective drawing. after that, we made some comments and did some changes, then she provides us with the computer 3d

my ID 1st give me a hand sketched perspective drawing. after that, we made some comments and did some changes, then she provides us with the computer 3d

your id has spend alot of time for you, so even if you don't hire them, you should prepare to pay approx: $100 for one 3D drawing to be fair to them.

i do hoped that my proposal can help value designers and let it be a market standard :yamseng:

your id has spend alot of time for you, so even if you don't hire them, you should prepare to pay approx: $100 for one 3D drawing to be fair to them.

i do hoped that my proposal can help value designers and let it be a market standard :yamseng:

Hi Tiler Seng, do ID provide 3D drawings only after contract is confirmed ? what's the normal case ? and r u an ID or tiler ?

Hi Tiler Seng, do ID provide 3D drawings only after contract is confirmed ? what's the normal case ? and r u an ID or tiler ?

Rrr.. it is very much depending on the company and designer, most company will need you to sign on an agreement, some designer will do that before telling you about the fee when he need your job, so if you like the concept but you don't like his price you are allow to buy drawings from them.

i will prefer the first choice plus explaination, so we all don't waste unnecessary time, and owner are prepared to pay for drawing fee, so when we both are happy with each other and agreed to proceed with the reno, and normally the drawing fee can be absorb in the contract so is win-win situation.

i was an ID and now the Director of my Tiler...haha :P

woah, didn't know Seng can draw leh...should have asked you to draw.

i prefer hand drawing than 3D though.

huh..!! :jawdrop:

insist on computer 3d always for someone who knows nuts about reno... that's my humble opinion

I went to a famous ID company who claimed hand drawing is more accurate in terms of colour as not all colours are available on the software and that the enhancement by lightings in computer drawing creates a false impression. having undergone just basic training in photoshop, i was laughing in my head.... if you don't know how to use software, just say don't have lah.... but..

another ID from another famous company drawn the sketch for me free... no matter how i looked at it, i don't find the design nice and he was reluctant to do major changes.... as either i'm not paying him or he has to make big changes...

i didn't engage both of them...

i know nuts about doing 3D until i engaged my current ID (for a higher price than the famous ones)... and I really liked her designs drawn using computer, and you CAN adjust the lightings on request to show the colour impression at different times of the day, yes they're different but at least u get to see the different lighting effects, and amendments are so simple that we could finalise it in a day.... my ID worked thru lunch and dinner of course while i had mine, to do the changes, major changes as i added **** lot of stuff....

was at the luxury living fair last week and realised that my ID's standards of computer drawing is very different also... those that i saw at the fair are below standard, almost unacceptable in my opinion as the resolution and details were poor... my ID was at the exhibition also, but those on her laptop were impressive and she claimed that such details requires a lot of time that IDs cannot afford to lose as they need to get new business while managing current projects, for her, she sleeps less and have no life most of the time... so it also depend on yr luck whether yr ID is hardworking...