Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
discoburg

Aircon Pipe Leaking

Hey dude, did you get yours from GC? Just wondering how you got them to change insulation the 2nd time around. Did they charge extra or tell you they can't do that blah blah blah?

Thanks!

I had problem with GC too when i first installed my aircon...the aircon went bust in just one week and had to settle with the manufacturer mitsubishio heavy industries...gosh. GC din want to settle and I wrote GC off my list for futue considerations.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yeah i also have struck GC off my list liao. 5 years later will go for Hong tar instead.

I had problem with GC too when i first installed my aircon...the aircon went bust in just one week and had to settle with the manufacturer mitsubishio heavy industries...gosh. GC din want to settle and I wrote GC off my list for futue considerations.

On 3/30/2010 at 8:40 AM, discoburg said:

The installers came yesterday and said that the aircon unit is not leaking. Then i ask him how come the trunking is wet and they cannot explain. Then they say that the aircon fan speed cannot be lowered, must be set at max. If not will leak. I was like WTF?! What kinda explanation is it. Called their manager and she agreed that the explanation is ridiculous and she will check with the more senior people. 5 mins later she called and tell me that all she asked said the same thing. So now i guess its not GC's problem but Mitsubishi Starmex issue.

Hi, 

I was told the same, fan speed has to be 3 - 4 and temp can be any. We tired but there is no way we can go on speed 3, firstly because the unit in my master room is placed opposite our bed and secondly is way too noisy. Now they suggest that I change to thicker insulation and casing. It will cost me $800. 

PS: 1) They said, even with thicker insulation and casing they cannot guarantee sweating problem won't happen.

2) The staff also said, he also have the same issue at home, he just ignore and he will not change.

then I was WTH! then why suggest in the first place!! 

I just painted my whole house 3 weeks ago includes the trucking case, it means I will have get to painter to repaint the casing if i decided to change.

Now the office urge during sales, our sales man would have told you to upgrade to thinker insulation and casing.

I urge, yes he might had but he did not inform me the consequences of not upgrading. Now problem surface. 

In the end how did you solve this issue? Can you kindly share with me?

Thanks