Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JanBee

First Time Doing Renovation

I have just got the keys to my 5 room resale flat and would like to seek advice from the shifus here if the following quote is a good price and if there are any hidden cost I failed to notice. Please advise. Thanks .....

RENOVATION CONTRACT

Store Area: To design & install Full height feature wall (solid board) cw tic tac door

Painting of whole house with ICI 2010 colours (10 choices)

Supply haulage, clearing of whole house debris, general cleaning and acid washing, floor protection

Common Toilet & Master Toilet

1. To hack exisiting floor & wall tiles

2. To supply & errant door kerb

3. To supply & lay non slip modern homo floor tiles

4. To supply & lay modern ceramic wall tiles to full height

5. To supply & lay water proofing membrance using pre-pack cement

6. To Supply & install stainless steel piping (Cold)

7. To supply labour to install standard toilet bowl

8. To supply labour to install standard Basin & tap

9. To supply & install inlet/outlet piping for basin

10. To supply labour to install toilet accessories

11.To supply labour to install 1 x instant water heater tank

12.To supply & install aluminium Bi-fold door

13.To supply wiring (c/w lights installation)

14.To supply power point for water heater

15.To supply & install new pvc floor trap

16.To supply & install 10mm temper glass shower screen c/w swing door & 2 x stainless steel handle

Kitchen Area

1. To supply & install 10mm temper glass swing door c/w 2 x stainless steel handle

2. To hack existing floor & wall tiles

3. To supply & lay non slip modern homogenous floor tiles

6. To supply & install new pvc floor trap

7. To supply & install Stainless Steel piping (cold)

8. To supply & install inlet/outlet stainless steel piping for kitchen sink

9. To supply & construct cement mortar base for kitchen c/w side tiling

10. To supply & construct cement mortar base for fridge c/w full tiling

11. To supply & construct cement motrtar base for washing machine c/w full tiling

12. To supply rewiring, lighting points, single & double socket (c/w lights installation)

13. To design, custom make & install kitchen cabinet top & bottom in ABS trimming approx solid door, carcass & shelf c/w chest of drawers est. 20 ft

14. To supply & install Korean made solid suface for kitchen cabinet top c/w back profile & front profile est. 10 ft

15. To supply & install build in 1 stainless steel dish rack & tray

16. To supply labour to install kitchen sink & appliances

Total price: S$23,131.26

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I have just got the keys to my 5 room resale flat and would like to seek advice from the shifus here if the following quote is a good price and if there are any hidden cost I failed to notice. Please advise. Thanks .....

RENOVATION CONTRACT

Store Area: To design & install Full height feature wall (solid board) cw tic tac door

Painting of whole house with ICI 2010 colours (10 choices)

Supply haulage, clearing of whole house debris, general cleaning and acid washing, floor protection

Common Toilet & Master Toilet

1. To hack exisiting floor & wall tiles

2. To supply & errant door kerb

3. To supply & lay non slip modern homo floor tiles

6. To Supply & install stainless steel piping (Cold)

7. To supply labour to install standard toilet bowl

8. To supply labour to install standard Basin & tap

9. To supply & install inlet/outlet piping for basin

10. To supply labour to install toilet accessories

11.To supply labour to install 1 x instant water heater tank

12.To supply & install aluminium Bi-fold door

13.To supply wiring (c/w lights installation)

14.To supply power point for water heater

15.To supply & install new pvc floor trap

16.To supply & install 10mm temper glass shower screen c/w swing door & 2 x stainless steel handle

Kitchen Area

1. To supply & install 10mm temper glass swing door c/w 2 x stainless steel handle

2. To hack existing floor & wall tiles

3. To supply & lay non slip modern homogenous floor tiles

6. To supply & install new pvc floor trap

7. To supply & install Stainless Steel piping (cold)

8. To supply & install inlet/outlet stainless steel piping for kitchen sink

9. To supply & construct cement mortar base for kitchen c/w side tiling

10. To supply & construct cement mortar base for fridge c/w full tiling

11. To supply & construct cement motrtar base for washing machine c/w full tiling

12. To supply rewiring, lighting points, single & double socket (c/w lights installation)

13. To design, custom make & install kitchen cabinet top & bottom in ABS trimming approx solid door, carcass & shelf c/w chest of drawers est. 20 ft

14. To supply & install Korean made solid suface for kitchen cabinet top c/w back profile & front profile est. 10 ft

15. To supply & install build in 1 stainless steel dish rack & tray

16. To supply labour to install kitchen sink & appliances

Total price: S$23,131.26

How much is your kitchen cabinet per foot, care to share...?

How much is your kitchen cabinet per foot, care to share...?

I don't know because the ID quoted me a whole package. He said he is giving me 20 ft. Does it help?

I don't know because the ID quoted me a whole package. He said he is giving me 20 ft. Does it help?

In my honest opinion, I think you will be overpaying if you engage them.

For both toilets, typical rates including tempered shower screen door is between $2,900~$3,500 per toilet.

Your contractor is fleecing you in the kitchen area.

If you are doing masonry work for 2 toilets & kitchen, it should cost no more than $10~$12K depending on tiles used. Therefore, I leave you to guess how much you will be fleeced.

PS. Buy a $5K IKEA kitchen system with solid top will still leave you with some cash remaining :)

In my honest opinion, I think you will be overpaying if you engage them.

For both toilets, typical rates including tempered shower screen door is between $2,900~$3,500 per toilet.

Your contractor is fleecing you in the kitchen area.

If you are doing masonry work for 2 toilets & kitchen, it should cost no more than $10~$12K depending on tiles used. Therefore, I leave you to guess how much you will be fleeced.

PS. Buy a $5K IKEA kitchen system with solid top will still leave you with some cash remaining :)

Ohhhh dear me ..... thanks for your opinion! Is there anyone here who could recommend me someone that is reasonable to do my kitchen & 2 bathrooms? HELP!!!! desperate situation now ... flat is vacant for a month liao!

Hi there,

Try looking for Adeline.. Her package for me is very reasonable. The other time my kitchen cabinet got scratches after 2 weeks from her hand over but it is so kind of her to come back and touch up for us free...

Maybe You wanna email her at [REMOVE] or give her call? If you need her number just PM me.

Hi CrystalJade,

Notice all your posting is about this Adeline.

All your posting, you either drop information about her email or contact number or company name.

Are you 'she'?

Rdgs

Note: I will remove all the contact/email from all your posting.

Hi there,

Try looking for Adeline.. Her package for me is very reasonable. The other time my kitchen cabinet got scratches after 2 weeks from her hand over but it is so kind of her to come back and touch up for us free...

Maybe You wanna email her at [REMOVE] or give her call? If you need her number just PM me.

another phantom member advert own service. tsk tsk

Ohhhh dear me ..... thanks for your opinion! Is there anyone here who could recommend me someone that is reasonable to do my kitchen & 2 bathrooms? HELP!!!! desperate situation now ... flat is vacant for a month liao!

Hi,

Wah! Your 23k is very ex. There are recommendations in this forum section. I think you can look them up and find one that you are comfortable with. I also read the threads to look for id/contractors.

Hi both,

I am Crystal NOT Adeline.

I was here just to share with others about her as she is really very nice and helpful thats all.

Zhiz,

I have notice about you too... GOing around critizing others... And this is not ther 1st time you have done that.

Well, never mind I shall not share anything anymore. What a great friendsI have got to know here.

You may first wish to address what the moderator has spotted on your postings :)

Care to explain why all your post is to support adeline?

Can you give us detailed example of how adeline has helped you, pictures of your renovation, quotation, etc?

I am just helping members to spot phantom members advertising own services like you have done :)

might have save their money, tears, and time

Edited by zhiz

STOP! always thinking you are an angel to help other spot Phantom memeber and in the end cause harm to others when you misunderstood him or her.

What rights do you have to stop others. To me a person who can work worth sharing with others. DOes mean I talk thing nice about her and I am her.

What edvidence do you have? or your so called edvidence is because I support Adeline? Thats STUPID!

First its rude to insult ppl.

Second if you think by warning ppl against phantom members and by missing out the chance to engage Adeline, this is harming others, then i have nothing to say :)

Edited by zhiz

Ok, I apologizes for being rude. Warning others are not in wrong. Is not a missing out chances for Adeline too. She doesn't even need my help in fact. She have her own base and network. But when thing are not cleared I thing you should give them a benifit of doubt. It is so insulting to her and me when you say all this. Do you think it is fair to her when she see this?

Or try putting yourself in others position too. =)

I accept your apologies

But i have to explain that when there is a new member that register and immediately post and its to promote someone's services, and following that, every post is to advertise and promote someone, its very suspicious.

if you put yourself in my shoes with the same facts, you will be suspicious as well.

Its not targeting adeline or barney or it could be a hippo for that matter but we need to highlight to members when we see suspicious postings by specific members and before your clarification, all the evidence point to your nick being a phantom nick.

unfortunately your relentless advert for adeline could have been unfair to her then.

Its not targeting adeline or barney or it could be a hippo for that matter but we need to highlight to members when we see suspicious postings by specific members and before your clarification, all the evidence point to your nick being a phantom nick.

:o

Bro,

not everyone know barney la

wah liao

u want to make him famous all the way to reno ar?

:D

:o

Bro,

not everyone know barney la

wah liao

u want to make him famous all the way to reno ar?

:D

Barney? Some purple dinosaur? .....

asoon88 posting has been remove

For violating of Forum rule

3. MEMBER CONDUCT IN FORUMS

(b) Badmouthing, Slandering and Personal Attacks

While we allow members to share their experiences, we will not tolerate companies, agencies (or anyone with personal agenda) badmouthing/defaming other companies. If found guilty, the party will be blacklisted and banned immediately. Personal attacks/flaming on fellow forumers, consultants and their businesses, moderators or staffs at RenoTalk will not be tolerated.

Account Suspend

My name is Kelvin.

No I do not work as a motor insurance broker.

its strange that you feel that self advertising is ok even by using a 3rd party nick.

And your post is really just balant personal attack. Its funny how you try to use flat/location/color combination/insult on fat ppl/maid/spouse to try to hurt ppl. Such a shame.

No it doesnt hurt me, your comments on my place and my taste because i really like my place :)

Edited by therat

asoon88 posting has been remove

For violating of Forum rule

3. MEMBER CONDUCT IN FORUMS

(b) Badmouthing, Slandering and Personal Attacks

While we allow members to share their experiences, we will not tolerate companies, agencies (or anyone with personal agenda) badmouthing/defaming other companies. If found guilty, the party will be blacklisted and banned immediately. Personal attacks/flaming on fellow forumers, consultants and their businesses, moderators or staffs at RenoTalk will not be tolerated.

Account Suspend

Hi,

Please read our Forum Rules on Badmouthing, Slandering and Personal Attacks

Edited by therat