Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
boringal

My Little 3 Room Flat

most ID/contractors i believe would not go down to site every time works are being carried out. If not they will be sooo busy that they cannot do anything else.

The myth that engaging an ID will mean that they will supervise cannot be more untrue. What happens most of the time is that ID ask sub-con to do, sub con do at their own time own target. ID sit back to relax and wait for complain from client. No complain = no issue.

IDs know that houseowners will check the works and complain if the things are not done properly. Its common sense, so they also can safely adopt a hands-off attitude. Being there and ensuring things are done is important, though troublesome. Its your house afterall, only u can decide how much attention it warrants.

As for IDs, its just another site.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
most ID/contractors i believe would not go down to site every time works are being carried out. If not they will be sooo busy that they cannot do anything else.

The myth that engaging an ID will mean that they will supervise cannot be more untrue. What happens most of the time is that ID ask sub-con to do, sub con do at their own time own target. ID sit back to relax and wait for complain from client. No complain = no issue.

IDs know that houseowners will check the works and complain if the things are not done properly. Its common sense, so they also can safely adopt a hands-off attitude. Being there and ensuring things are done is important, though troublesome. Its your house afterall, only u can decide how much attention it warrants.

As for IDs, its just another site.

yea i agree.. but then i dunno any contacts for electrical works.. and hacking is going to start soon next week.. and i am very very excited over it..

tiles for da kitchen and toilet was chosen already. colors for the walls also done..and color for my wardrobe

now left me to source for my hood and hob.. lightings..

boringgal, if your flat is more than 25 yrs & above, i really think you SHOULD not overlay your tiles. becos my flat is also in a original condition more than 32 yrs. and although heart pain i did up the new tiles and new waterproofing & all the works again. including new wiring......heartpain also no choice. gotta do it. u dun want ur newly renovated flat to get short circuit right?

Oh & btw, i got a good electrician contact. but i have to dig. u want?

btw, do rem to buy fire insurance (the upgraded version) also!

:)

Edited by Pinklady

boringgal, if your flat is more than 25 yrs & above, i really think you SHOULD not overlay your tiles. becos my flat is also in a original condition more than 32 yrs. and although heart pain i did up the new tiles and new waterproofing & all the works again. including new wiring......heartpain also no choice. gotta do it. u dun want ur newly renovated flat to get short circuit right?

boringgal, i agree with pinklady. my upcoming unit is 8 yrs old and initially i wanted to overlay. but my contractor says the waterproofing is old liao so dunno if it is wearing off so if overlay and leak, u have to hack and redo which equals to more $$! no point wasting that money and time to redo rite? since you want to do might as well do swee swee and heart pain once rather than pain twice.

you can try ah keong. angteko is using him and says he is gd. i hv the contact but not with me now cos at office. if u dun mind waiting, i can send u the number late late tonite or tmr nite.

yes pls.. but have to be fast coz i meeting my ID tonight to paste paper on which wall to hack.. zzz

dont know if the new quote can be fast anot..

if really too late.. i will squeeze my ID to give me le grand or clipsal plus hager circuit breaker?!

boringgal, i agree with pinklady. my upcoming unit is 8 yrs old and initially i wanted to overlay. but my contractor says the waterproofing is old liao so dunno if it is wearing off so if overlay and leak, u have to hack and redo which equals to more $$! no point wasting that money and time to redo rite? since you want to do might as well do swee swee and heart pain once rather than pain twice.

you can try ah keong. angteko is using him and says he is gd. i hv the contact but not with me now cos at office. if u dun mind waiting, i can send u the number late late tonite or tmr nite.

yea.. i dont intend to overlay.. coz really da condition of the house is very "ORIGINAL" :bangwall:

i think i need to replace all da "PIPES" in the house..

da door also.. imagine the previous owner dont lock their wooden door!? and tell me they lost their keys very long time ago.. zzz so they are only going to pass me da mail box key which is consider as the handover...:unsure:

now i more headache.. i juz realise the aircon supplier i got for my hse seems to have very bad review from some of the forumers here.. (BEST TECH)

my heart sank after seeing all da neg comments here.. really die if the aircon leak or pipe leak.. plus if while installing they damage your plaster wall!??? zzzzzzzz

now really scratching head whether to forfeit the 200 deposit or shld i just go ahead and cross my finger i maybe one of the lucky ones...

somemore best tech say get their "extended" warranty is a safer choice becoz all parts and labour cost will be cover.. dunno true anot..

welcome to RT

how come no pictures and layout to show?

cheers

i lazy to post the pics onto photobucket as I have already uploaded in my FB..

Hi boringal

my is 3rm care to share yr ID cos i getting my key soon

plan to start work at end may

thnx

Hi.. i think i cannot mentioned it here.. heard from my ID that seems they have arrangement.. not sure of the details...

but is a big coy.. start with C :unsure:

25336_434484894011_798099011_5443749_401

ok.. i manage to get da pic posted here.. my living and kitchen shape is **** weird..zzz

weird shape but workable lah.

weird shape but workable lah.

i find that da place is too triangular which causes me to hv a headache on how to put my tv.. and i think i dunwan to mount it on da wall.. :(

wanna hack away da storeroom one.. but i think i rather keep it first in case i need da storage space.. as you can see da area i got isnt that big :(

hmm, the triangular living room will make the place seem smaller than it is.

your ID got any suggestions? leave the headache to them since you are paying. :P

i think if you remove the storeroom, you can do wonders in your masterbed room. :) that is if you like walk in wardrobes.

where the location???

weird shape, but wif good space planning it wil turn out to b stunning ;)

Edited by kcsek