Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eiffel76

Lizard Problem- Help!

can upload picture to see. what brand of the sticky mat? which shop to buy?

see fat lizards sticking at the mat?! eekss!!!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

There's only two ways I've tried catching lizards

1) Using a disposable kitchen tissue towel and grabbing the lizard

2) Using the sticky mat

The sticky mat is the least messy coz you don't have to worry about the lizard tail breaking off or the lizard escaping from the tissue if you don't hold it tight enough.

Look at it this way - it's either eeky lizard on sticky mat or s*** on your walls :) Personally, it's more cost and time effective to use a sticky mat to trap the lizard. I hate it especially when they sneak into the kitchen cupboards and live among the plates!

I'm out of the sticky mats, will be going to the hardware shop this weekend. Will post a pic when I get it.

There's only two ways I've tried catching lizards

1) Using a disposable kitchen tissue towel and grabbing the lizard

2) Using the sticky mat

The sticky mat is the least messy coz you don't have to worry about the lizard tail breaking off or the lizard escaping from the tissue if you don't hold it tight enough.

Look at it this way - it's either eeky lizard on sticky mat or s*** on your walls :) Personally, it's more cost and time effective to use a sticky mat to trap the lizard. I hate it especially when they sneak into the kitchen cupboards and live among the plates!

I'm out of the sticky mats, will be going to the hardware shop this weekend. Will post a pic when I get it.

This is the lizard trap I used. It's $3 per pack for 4 sticky mats.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5396/image061small.jpg

Edited by blue_skies

no other way to get rid of the lizard w/o using the sticky patch? It really grosh to see the lizard stick there and die.

Wife & MIL see lizards as if "big enemy". Once spotted, this lizard sure die, no way to escape.

- Spray bygone until lizard blurr blurr, fold up used news papers & www

- Hide at small corner, then pour hot water....

- In kunpong time, I used to catch lizards with a coconut-leave stick, one end tie a movable knot, then slowly move the knot to front and talak, wow...long time never use this skill already. Very effective method to catch not to deter.

Edited by bepgof

Wife & MIL see lizards as if "big enemy". Once spotted, this lizard sure die, no way to escape.

- Spray bygone until lizard blurr blurr, fold up used news papers & www

- Hide at small corner, then pour hot water....

- In kunpong time, I used to catch lizards with a coconut-leave stick, one end tie a movable knot, then slowly move the knot to front and talak, wow...no time never use this skill already. Very effective method to catch not to deter.

Hi bepgof

Any DIY manual to follow with screen shot, i quite interested.

Hi bepgof

Any DIY manual to follow with screen shot, i quite interested.

Aiyo, by "words of mouth" + "practice makes perfect" - that was my childhood times, learnt & never forget. Now ? black & white+ color manual(handbook better), video presentation, & classroom "workshop"...sign, don't know now our dear NS Men can "catch" a lizard live or not.

Edited by bepgof

Hahaha! This lizard business is so funny. Suddenly there are so many interesting ways to catch / kill them.

eiffel,

I'm amazed that the lizard in your house can "challenge" you!! What about using traps with poison? Like those for cockroaches?

i am the best lizard trap in the house...the 3 ladies (wife and twin daughters) in my house will scream, i will be dispatch to the scene and catch them by hand: fat , skinny, small I catch before....after that, I invite them to our "Wet & Wild" aka toilet bowl...

Seriously, they do come out in the night for water so if you tend to dry your dishes overnight, try to wipe clean and keep before you sleep. Lizards will always come and go...they are better than the roaches....

Edited by dankoo

Hahaha! This lizard business is so funny. Suddenly there are so many interesting ways to catch / kill them.

eiffel,

I'm amazed that the lizard in your house can "challenge" you!! What about using traps with poison? Like those for cockroaches?

haha it really did leave its "trace" right smack beside the trap...the trap was 3 days old then..

i tried before this another type of glue tray trap from those cheap $2 store...din work too...

but somehow even tho i din catch any, the sh*t trace has dropped to mayb 1-2 times a week.. :unsure:

haha it really did leave its "trace" right smack beside the trap...the trap was 3 days old then..

i tried before this another type of glue tray trap from those cheap $2 store...din work too...

but somehow even tho i din catch any, the sh*t trace has dropped to mayb 1-2 times a week.. :unsure:

The lizard challenging you. ****ting beside the trap sound funny le

The lizard challenging you. ****ting beside the trap sound funny le

its simply a weird situation going on..until now im jus resigned to cleaning it off 2-3 times a week.. :bangwall: