Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eiffel76

Lizard Problem- Help!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Lizards like the behind of bookcase, wall painting etc. As long as there is a gap between the wall and a panel, they feel safe there, you cannot see them but when u are too near, they will spring a surprise on you by 'jumping' out. Is there something/chemical/spray we can put/paint/ apply behind these panel to discourage lizards.

Lizards aren't classified as pests by the pest control professionals. However, their presence could wreak havoc becox of the noice & the "sourvenirs" they leave on the walls & furnishings!!

Thus far, all those lizard repellants in the commercial market do not work well.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi dean,

U mean that ur lizards at home ate up ur kimchi??? :unsure:

wah, ur lizards there r surely very intelligent! :D Maybe those were pregnant lizards in want of sour stuff to eat kimchi, kekekeke...

I just washed one baby lizard down the drain in my bathroom when I was washing up the place.

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi dean,

U mean that ur lizards at home ate up ur kimchi??? :unsure:

wah, ur lizards there r surely very intelligent! :D Maybe those were pregnant lizards in want of sour stuff to eat kimchi, kekekeke...

I just washed one baby lizard down the drain in my bathroom when I was washing up the place.

Wat talking u? Please Don't assume wrongly. I never say Kimchi. When did lizard eat kimchi why I don't know.

Those Korean mean it's long time ya. Happy merry Xmas.

FYI, I never see any lizard in my house.

Edited by dean

Wat talking u? Please Don't assume wrongly. I never say Kimchi. When did lizard eat kimchi why I don't know.

Oh I see - I was wondering what those korean words meant, and I thought your lizards started having a liking for Korean stuff :D Hahaha! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Belated merry x'mas to you too!

Hey merry xmas to u :)

My flats have lizards on & off.

And recently, many babies... maybe the lizards like to come to our flat & lay eggs :P

When I was a kid, the lizards lay eggs inside the hollow of the bamboo pole & when my mother brought down the bamboo pole from the stell hangers attached to the ceiling, the eggs rolled out! Yukks!!!

i think lizards eat cockroaches and some other pests.

So when u have a lizard problem, u would probably have a lot of other hidden pests. Or u have fruits at altar attracting lizards...

When i was doing renovation, there were tons of cockroach eggs behind kitchen cabinets and there were quite a few very very fat lizards. Now that we got rid of the eggs and cockroaches, lizards are no longer seen.

Alternatively u can get the glue for catching rats, stick some biscuit crumbs on it and u would be able to catch some lizards. This can control but cannot exterminate.

Cheers!

I also have that idea that my flat must have many pests hidden inside the trunkings becox those lizards always squeeze thru those electrical trunkings. :)

But when we looked over, we have a very clean flat - no ants, no flies :P Becox the lizards helped us to clear them all :) However, I did notice those really tiny, black insects moving in my toilets, in between tile cracks - what r those?

There is this gray lizard that stays in my money plant which I placed at the lift lobby. But lately, our friend disppeared, duno what happened. Maybe migrated?

We saw cockroaches 2x when staying in our flat - one was the American type that flies around. EEEEEks! And I was told that they stink. yuks!

Edited by edenstrauss

lizards are immune to insecticide...i wonder why.

once a lizard fell into the kitchen sink, no matter how much i spray, the lizard still bo chup the insecticide.

the only thing is that the insecticide made the sink slippery, so the lizard could not run out.

cockroaches are disgusting... my block did fumigation not long ago, so many dead bodies lying around all over the place. The cockroaches also like to lay eggs along the walls of the rubbish chute. I spotted and removed 2 eggs already, but the cockroach laid them again, at the same spot some more...... argghh... pek chek...

The home remedy of using cracked eggshells will work - tried and tested.

It is the lizards prey/predatory instinct that when they smell/see the eggshells, they will avoid the area as they know they will be fodder for the chicken.

After carefully cracking the eggs for cooking (preferably in halves), place the eggshells around the areas where you know there will be lizards crawling about (near windows, corners, etc).

Observe for the next few days if any activity.

You should leave the eggshells there for 1 week.

It is also true that lizards prey on mozzies although not quite with the same efficiency with your insect sprays.