Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jtcp82

Is It Advisable To Buy System 4 Aircon

I took from Gain City, 3500-300cashback = 3200, and add $450 for stainless steel bracket. I didn't upgrade the pipings and warranty.

the reason for that model is R410 inverter, can support 4 splits well, 4HP 32k BTU, and price.

the reason for gain city is, they dun use the subcontractors. others like courts, harvey norman, blah blah etc are retailers for many things.. installation not done by their own staff. at least the installing technicians won't be saving on the material costs coz those all came from main company.

Just my own reasons.. not necessarily right though.. :D

Some forumers here complained about GC, refer them to manufacturers, pipe leakage, etc. I "supervied" the installers during process, insisted copper all new, no joining halfway, drainage pipe from high to low, conduits avoid "sun shine" areas, etc. All FCUs switched on tested 16deg C with all windows open for 1/2~ 1hr, ensure no condensation.

Edited by bepgof

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
In 1995, I've a system4, costed me almost 7K, also seldom turned on 4 FCUs at one time. What made me "regret" was "too many pipes" here & there. The "common drainage pipe" linked to all 4 FCUs then went to tiolet's floor trap. Wall opened holes here & there. 32A isolator switch. Think twice if you don't like so many pipes.

so many pipings? mine dont have much. even without cover up also very less pipings.

so many pipings? mine dont have much. even without cover up also very less pipings.

Believed the air-con installation comes with your renovation of house, so can "hide" some., therefore appeared not so "messy". In 1995, already stayed for 3 years then decided to install aircon system, 3 rm + 1 study, main compression place outside the block near MBR.

Can imagine the "pipes + wires" from each FCUs went to the main compressor. Another drainage pipe, linking 4 FCU & "routed" to MBR's tiolet. Between room & room need to "hack" a hole for the trucking(pipes + wires)...

Edited by bepgof

In 1995, I've a system4, costed me almost 7K, also seldom turned on 4 FCUs at one time. What made me "regret" was "too many pipes" here & there. The "common drainage pipe" linked to all 4 FCUs then went to tiolet's floor trap. Wall opened holes here & there. 32A isolator switch. Think twice if you don't like so many pipes.

Believed the air-con installation comes with your renovation of house, so can "hide" some., therefore appeared not so "messy". In 1995, already stayed for 3 years then decided to install aircon system, 3 rm + 1 study, main compression place outside the block near MBR.

Can imagine the "pipes + wires" from each FCUs went to the main compressor. Another drainage pipe, linking 4 FCU & "routed" to MBR's tiolet. Between room & room need to "hack" a hole for the trucking(pipes + wires)...

I think those wires and trunkings are not so much difference between 3 splits and 4 split. each split will have 2 copper pipes and 1 wire, all coming to join the outdoor unit plus a drain pipe to toilet or washine machine drain also shared in the same trunkings. whichever system you install, it is the same way to do.

usually the installers use a large pvc trunk cover, and they can squeeze all in, so all you see is a square white trunking, not wires and pipes. the hacking for small hole, they covered back, you just need to re-paint only. mine didn't even re-paint coz the wall color and the putty are the same white color.

there is nothing to worry about holes hacked between room to room. and the trunking is not so badly esthetic compared to other items in bedroom. In summary, i dun see the negatice things you mentioned about, system 4 is no difference for system 3 or 2..

Edited by GSXR~RACER

ok. i consider luckly. Mine house only have about 1m pipings which is visable that all. The rest all are well hidden.

ok. i consider luckly. Mine house only have about 1m pipings which is visable that all. The rest all are well hidden.

Ya lor, now smarter, do (system 3) all at one go, no more visible "urgly" trunkings. No FCU in hall, but 2 KDK 56 inch ceiling fans - 5 speeds, RC.

Edited by bepgof