Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eteo

Granite For Kitchen Countertop -2 Questions

Hi friends,

I have 2 questions related to granite countertops:

1. Can you recommend a few firms where I can get reasonable priced granite?

2. What is the current market price?

3. Is it easy to coordinate this with the carpenter who will be doing my cabinets?

Thanks in advance friends. Cheers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi friends,

3. Is it easy to coordinate this with the carpenter who will be doing my cabinets?

I don't know many suppliers, you can check this company Lian Hin for pricing. In regards to coordination, basically just get the carpenter to finish the cabinet, then the supplier will come in and measure the top. Give the granite supplier a call and ask them how you should arrange things and when to inform them, or you can try asking the carpenter to liaise with them directly if you are paranoid you might make a boo boo.

I used Lian Hin too. For the simplest design and cheapest china type, cost around $85 per feet run.

more expensive india 1 cost around $120

so far no complain

I don't know many suppliers, you can check this company Lian Hin for pricing. In regards to coordination, basically just get the carpenter to finish the cabinet, then the supplier will come in and measure the top. Give the granite supplier a call and ask them how you should arrange things and when to inform them, or you can try asking the carpenter to liaise with them directly if you are paranoid you might make a boo boo.

QUOTE (eteo @ Apr 1 2010, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi friends,

Hi,

Solid surface can have a big range from $80 - $150 ( depending on Branding )

Granite usually around $100 - $150. Black Galaxy Granite would be recommended @ $120

Silesstone and Caesarstone are both high quality quartz top from Europe, price will be more than $200

There is also iquartz from Singapore but i heard bad things abt it so will not recommend... Price Around $150 - $200

Samsung Staron is a Solid Surface, price in the same range as Solid surface ( $120 - $150 )

Hi,

Solid surface can have a big range from $80 - $150 ( depending on Branding )

Granite usually around $100 - $150. Black Galaxy Granite would be recommended @ $120

Silesstone and Caesarstone are both high quality quartz top from Europe, price will be more than $200

There is also iquartz from Singapore but i heard bad things abt it so will not recommend... Price Around $150 - $200

Samsung Staron is a Solid Surface, price in the same range as Solid surface ( $120 - $150 )

Hi, what's the bad things about iquartz?

Hi friends,

To recommend would be black galaxy granite. market going at 120 per foot run. china not recommended personally.

It's better to let the carpenter to coordinate. So they know what you want.

This is my suggestion.

Hi, what's the bad things about iquartz?

What did you learn about iquartz?

Edited by solidsurface

Hi,

It's curry stain might stick to the pure white quartz.

I see.. Then what brand of quartz would you recommend and at what price? I'm not too keen on granite so would prefer quartz..

I see.. Then what brand of quartz would you recommend and at what price? I'm not too keen on granite so would prefer quartz..

Hi,

I would recommend silestone as it will be long lasting and durable.

My 2 cents worth.

Hmm, but anyone has bad experience with iquartz?

So far it's the most affordable quartz, if i were to compare it with solid surfaces it is definitely a better choice right?

Caesarstone and Silestone abit too out of budget already....

Heard they r much better then solid surface. I took quartz4 kitchen/Bto/3rd quarter tis yr.gd choice for long time usage.cheaper choice wud be solid surface if light cooking.But Both also problem if sink need to be replace as sink wud be installed below kitchen top.

Carpenter usually will push for Solid surfaces as they are more modern and no joinings. Most importantly their profit margin are higher. :-P

For me, I choose Black Galaxy Granite over Solid surface because it more durable and resist scratches and stains but provided you like black colour else try not to choose light colour granite as they will leave water marks.

hi guys

i know this is a super old thread which is good means u guys can give ur manys years of experience.

We recently just renoed our bto and installed Imperial Black granite from our ID supplier ... Lian Hin ... a few weeks back we were juicing lemon juice and the granite got stained and cant remove ... guy had to come down and polish it off and there still some stains left

we tried lemon juice on the samples we took from them and no problem.

Please help