Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ninja3101

Air-con Position To Relocate ?

Hi All

Recently I installed a new Mitsubishi Air-Con in my room. Somehow I find that the air-con wind is blocked by the build-in wardrobe. I feel hot & stuffy at the bed top area where I sleep.

This is where the air-con is installed but it blocked by the wardrobe

01.jpg

Position 1 -3 where the air-con can be relocate, I think position 3 is the best to place the air-con but have to put a shelf at postion 4 and Postion 5 will be mounting the tv. Anyone have their air-con unit mounted above TV pics becos afraid of water leaking so have to put a shelf ?

02b.jpg

Bed Position

03.jpg

I am thinking should I relocate the air-con unit to position 3 in picture 2. Anyone got relocate their air-con postion before ? Still possible to relocate and what is a reasonable price ? Please advices ? Don know will cause condensation or drainage problems if relocate ? TIA. :)

Edited by ninja3101

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Have you explored using a normal electric fan to "redirect" the air-con? That's what I do for my living room.

That a good Idea ! I will give it a try. Your living room air-con is blocked by ?

Shd box up the ceiling all the way to be flush with the wardrobe door. The existing aircon location there be a lowered ceiling, like a corridor. The aircon relocate to be flush with the wardrobe door. Do not place your aircon in a position to blow at yr head while u are sleeping.

Shd box up the ceiling all the way to be flush with the wardrobe door. The existing aircon location there be a lowered ceiling, like a corridor. The aircon relocate to be flush with the wardrobe door. Do not place your aircon in a position to blow at yr head while u are sleeping.

In Pic 2 , which position should the air-con to place from 1 -3 ? Or put the air-con unit in-between or below the blue line ? Put it lowered ceiling , is there a reason ? better air-flow and breeze ?

If the air-con is place blowing to your head, will cause dry skin or what ?

Edited by ninja3101

Lower the ceiling give u false vertical beam flush with wardrobe.

Is not listed in any of yr pix. The aircon is still the same orientation as before.

Your aircon location, if u lie on yr bed, unlikely the remote is able to aim at the aircon.

U shd try sleeping with the aircon blowing at your head. Even if u can accept, wad about the other living thing sleeping beside u.

Lower the ceiling give u false vertical beam flush with wardrobe.

Is not listed in any of yr pix. The aircon is still the same orientation as before.

Your aircon location, if u lie on yr bed, unlikely the remote is able to aim at the aircon.

U shd try sleeping with the aircon blowing at your head. Even if u can accept, wad about the other living thing sleeping beside u.

ok.thanks I will take into consideration. :)

ok.thanks I will take into consideration. :)

Fm technical pt of view, no so advisable to relocate, must consider:

- Unless change the whole coolant copper pipe from fcu to compressor. Copper pipe joint always leak after sometime.

- Drainage pipe/trunking etc need to relocate as well, joints here & there.

- Try re-direct first.

Edited by bepgof

Fm technical pt of view, no so advisable to relocate, must consider:

- Unless change the whole coolant copper pipe from fcu to compressor. Copper pipe joint always leak after sometime.

- Drainage pipe/trunking etc need to relocate as well, joints here & there.

- Try re-direct first.

Changing the whole coolant copper pipe from fcu and compressor I don think is possible as the casing is cover by build-in wardrobe ?

My ID said lesser joints and turning copper pipes will have lesser problem in the long run. He advice to put all the air-con above the bedroom door or near the area. so the drainage and coolant will have shorten path and is better.

Re-direct is using electric fan ?

i headache as i not sure where to position aircon in master room and common room. aircon cannot on top of bed head board or opposite of bed.

is it good idea to air con position on top of door like TS's air con position?

is it alright to position aircon left side (near door open) of opposite wall of bed placing?

where u all position your aircon?

installer will come next week