Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wildhoney

Wallpaper Goodrich Global Versus Id

I was comparing the cost of wallpaper, as this is my 1st time doing reno, anyone care to enlighten why is the price difference so great between engaging goodrich and id firm?

Goodrich charges $350 onwards per roll, 1 roll is 5.3 sq m. They also charge for installation.

An id firm at an expo exhibition charge is $398 per roll, 1 roll is 16.53sq m, installation is free for min 2 roll purchase.

Based on the above, for wallpapering my master bedrm, sofa wall and dining wall, if I use the id firm, total cost is $796 only! 1 yr warranty. If I use goodrich, is $3260, 3 yr warranty.

Is the id firm charges 'too good to be true'?

Anyone has engaged the services of montella before for wallpapering? Any feedback pls?

Tk u

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

To add on, the quality of the id firm made in korea wallpaper is on par with the top range of goodrich which goodrich charges at 50 - 90 bucks per 0.92sq m.

I seriously don't understand y the stark difference, only thing holding me back is

just my reluctance to trust id companies as they tend to overpromise and under deliver.

To add on, the quality of the id firm made in korea wallpaper is on par with the top range of goodrich which goodrich charges at 50 - 90 bucks per 0.92sq m.

I seriously don't understand y the stark difference, only thing holding me back is

just my reluctance to trust id companies as they tend to overpromise and under deliver.

Goodrich is a company that supply wallpaper to all contractors/dealer/ID...etc....if your ID can supply you the samilar as what you had chosen from goodrich...with a cut of more than 50% in price.....then dun wait...get your ID to do it and make sure with all black and white written.... :P

Even after a few years, those wallpaper start to give way....you can still do a brand new piece as compare what you pay for to goodrich.... ;)

Well, your last statement may valid, it is the workmanship they quoted or material without workmanship.... :o

End of the day, your ID may just tell you the stocks for those quoted material are currently out of stocks or no longer in production.

Used Goodrich in my previous offices' projects, so far so good. Lots of choices and good quality I must say. Have not tried other wallpaper suppliers though.