Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Anarchy

Only Interior Design Nothing Else

Hi,

I'm thinking of engaging a firm who will only do the interior design part and you will find the contractors yourself. Anyone knows which company does that?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Anyone?

You can approach the interior design company to ask for design service only. I think they probably charge you a fee for the design work and you can find your own contractor. The problem I foresee is the management of the renovation. If you have an ID, he can help you project managed, otherwise it will be time consuming for you.

Cheers!

Yah i know. i have no time nor the knowledge to be the project manager. I found a great guy to be my PM though.

Just need the interior part to be settle first. Paying 500 - 1K for interior design is it reasonable?

Yah i know. i have no time nor the knowledge to be the project manager. I found a great guy to be my PM though.

Just need the interior part to be settle first. Paying 500 - 1K for interior design is it reasonable?

I hope the PM you found is not a member of this forum, the one who seems to have cheated a lot of ppl money

I hope the PM you found is not a member of this forum, the one who seems to have cheated a lot of ppl money

R u referring to Jas** G**... :D

R u referring to Jas** G**... :D

Last month I had a similar plan to look for an ID who only helps me design and manage the renovation project. Therefore I asked my contractor to recommend a good interior designer. The ID called me and asked me to email her the floor plans. Three days later I got an email from her and she quoted $7,000 for design & site supervision fees ( 80% upon comfirmation & 20% upon delivery of job ) without providing any design plan or proposal. She did not mention anything about my floor plans. I doubt she saw the floor plans or not. How could we trust such 'good ID'?

Some ID companies charge $1,000 for drafting 3 3D drawings.

Met up with an ID Consultant today. She mentioned current market consulting charge is 5% of project cost. However, she proposed a flat fee of $15k to me. We are reconstructing our place 2 storey corner terrace to 3+loft storey - total 6 bedrooms and she estimates the reno cost to be about $100k. Quite puzzled, isn't it 15% consulting charge then?

We are not sure if to hire ID consultant or IDs. Which is more cost effective? Or which will give better work? Or which will give better design?

Appreciate advice!!!

from my experiences, unless you have knowledge towards renovations, it's better to engage IDs as they will manage the renovation process right from the start. by that i mean, engaging an ID from an ID company. Reaon being, they have their own workers, hence co-ordination between ID and workers will be smooth rather than you engange an ID consultant with your own contractors as it leads to alot of mis-communication between ID and contractor...

Hi,

I'm thinking of engaging a firm who will only do the interior design part and you will find the contractors yourself. Anyone knows which company does that?

well, why do you never go to IKA to take some photograph about the interior design picture in their showroom, and get some contractors on the newspaper ? not professional but can save a lot of money.

Hi, you can opt for eiher option with benzdesign. i recommend them bec i personally experience with the id; i believe you will be amazed in his concepts.

Does he do 3D drawings? or just free hand draw only?

Guest zan
Does he do 3D drawings? or just free hand draw only?

its a free hand drawings but 2 or 3d drawings, i not sure, u gotta ask him abt tis kind of issue

Edited by zan

Dr Anarchy and LinDa

Would you mind sharing your experiences on engaging ID consultants?

I'll be moving to a new condo so I don't need major renovations since I don't really need to hack any walls, do up false ceilings, or construct built-in cabinets.

So essentially the designer would plan the layout of the place and go shopping for furniture with me?