Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Applying New Ec Or Dbss

Hi,

Need some advice before I decide if I should proceed.

When I bought my 4-roomer back in 2006, I always feel that even if 2 kids come along, it will be big enough to accomodate everyone; I was so wrong.

I have plans to upgrade and I'm planning to get either a DBSS or EC but my MOP is next February.

What are the chances of a successful appeal to HDB if I want upgrade and at the same bring my MIL to stay with me.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

no experience, but i reckon your success rate will be zero.

there are a lot of other lower income people squeezing 3 generations in an even smaller flat.

no harm writing to HDB to appeal, but you only left less than a year before your MOP is up, so why don't wait?

I'm actually trying to apply for the Yishun EC (which will be near to my MIL place as well).

If they were to launch this year; I'm definitely not going to make it for the application if I were to wait for my MOP hence I'm asking if it can be done by appealing..

A friend managed to appeal to sell his Punggol unit before MOP to buy private few years ago. Maybe his appeal was successful bcos his unit was fully paid and he is buying private, and market was not as hot and crazy as now. No harm trying.

Hi,

When I bought my 4-roomer back in 2006, I always feel that even if 2 kids come along, it will be big enough to accomodate everyone; I was so wrong.

I have plans to upgrade and I'm planning to get either a DBSS or EC but my MOP is next February.

What are the chances of a successful appeal to HDB if I want upgrade and at the same bring my MIL to stay with me.

appealing to sell b4 MOP much depend on your reason for selling..me appeal to sell as cant afford 5rm wish to downgrade n need $$ for medical reason...but still take about 6 months for lots of back & forth..& 5 trip to my mp, lots of email even to MBT..CEO OF HDB...worth it "yes"..for me..

If u could wait..then wait for another year..if not be prepare to be disappointed for the replies u will get from HDB & yr MP...but need to preserve if u have a valid reason..for appeal.JMHO :)

Edited by adryz

wow..6 months - haiz looks like have to miss the chance liao.

then again, can anyone confirm if HDB has change the MOP to 3 years from this year onwards?

wow..6 months - haiz looks like have to miss the chance liao.

then again, can anyone confirm if HDB has change the MOP to 3 years from this year onwards?

It's in the news. No matter you take HDB loan or bank loan for the next house, the MOP of your next house will be 3 years. The MOP of your current house stays the same.

It's in the news. No matter you take HDB loan or bank loan for the next house, the MOP of your next house will be 3 years. The MOP of your current house stays the same.

I thought it's only valid for any HDB Resale application registered AFTER the announcement date?

I thought it's only valid for any HDB Resale application registered AFTER the announcement date?

You are right.

If he buys unit directly from HDB, MOP is 5 years.

If he buys unit from resale market after announcement date, MOP is 3 years regardless of bank loan or HDB loan.

Edited by forgotten

Minimum Occupation Period

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10322p.nsf/w/...id?OpenDocument

Flats bought from HDB (direct-purchase flat) and Resale Flat under CPF Housing Grant Scheme

5 years from effective date of purchase.

Resale Flat bought in the open market (without CPF Housing Grant Scheme)

For resale applications received on or after 5 March 2010, the MOP is 3 years from effective date of resale, regardless of the type of loan taken by the owners or loan status.

Hi,

when i was getting my 4 rm at sembawang, also felt that it's good enuf for us but now i think a 5 rm flat would be better.

i also planning to get a EC or DBSS initiallly but now i have decided to get a DBSS instead.

is the price of EC close to DBSS? is 5 rm of DBSS bigger than EC?