Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stryke

Almost Minimalist 4a In Toa Payoh

wow, i sure hope u are going to remove the wooden cornies, they give me a headache... :wacko:

the ex-owners are so cute, yellow and orange pipes... haha...

reno started already... can share with us what you are going to do?

i am attempting the minimalist style, its damm hard to be truly minimalist...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wow, i sure hope u are going to remove the wooden cornies, they give me a headache... :wacko:

the ex-owners are so cute, yellow and orange pipes... haha...

reno started already... can share with us what you are going to do?

i am attempting the minimalist style, its damm hard to be truly minimalist...

Yeah its really difficult to achieve the minimalist concept. Reasons being you need ample space and an interior designer/architect familiar with the style, not to me tion a lot of moolah as well.

I wanted to have a stainless steel kitchen for starters but the costs are really beyond my budget so we settled for an all white with silver trimmings concept.

Also my wife does not like to have concrete screed for the floors, so we chose a 'screed' looking grey tile for the flat.

Yes of course we removed the cornices. Those you see are so 80s, including the cabinets.

Well to paint a better picture, here are the 3D images:

Living room:

tv_steven_11toapayoh_c.jpg

shoe_steven_11toapayoh_b.jpg

liv_steven_11toapayoh_b.jpg

Edited by stryke

Kitchen:

kit2_steven_11toapayoh_c.jpg

kit1_steven_11toapayoh_b.jpg

MBR:

mbr1_steven_11toapayoh_c.jpg

mbr2_steven_11toapayoh_c.jpg

Well the colors are more or less there, but more details in terms of materials and colors to be decided.

The 3D drawings are only a rough indication of what to expect.

Hi there ... browsing through the forum and i really like your kitchen colors / design :)

as well as the walk-in wardrobe (colors / design) in MBR.

-cheers

like this part of ur kitchen.... :good::good:

look sleek....

Thanks! We will be using Formica 2mm glossy white laminate for the main facade, and most like Lamitak or EDL Dark Silver for the carcass and trims.

Since can't afford a 100% stainless steel kitchen just use laminates but not so much that it becomes overwhelming and too trying. Moreover our flat is really dark even in the daytime, so using mostly white will help to lighten up the atmosphere.

Will post images of WIP real soon.

Thanks! We will be using Formica 2mm glossy white laminate for the main facade, and most like Lamitak or EDL Dark Silver for the carcass and trims.

Since can't afford a 100% stainless steel kitchen just use laminates but not so much that it becomes overwhelming and too trying. Moreover our flat is really dark even in the daytime, so using mostly white will help to lighten up the atmosphere.

Will post images of WIP real soon.

u can use hairline stainless steel feel formica.... if 100% stainless steel too costly.... ;)

i believe it will look gd...

cheer

Congratulations on your new home.

Applause to you. Very nice 3D pictures that you have created. I wish I know the skill on how to do it.

i believe the 3D is done by his ID. you can try using floorplanner or google sketchup for ur DIY 3Ds.

i believe the 3D is done by his ID. you can try using floorplanner or google sketchup for ur DIY 3Ds.

Yes the 3D is provided by ID.

However the floor plan was draw by me using Illustrator. I find that Floorplanner is not so precise but for rough layout its okay.

As for google sketch, I have not figured out how to use it yet. Haha.

Anyways as far as getting the stainless steel look goes, although all our main laminates will be from Formica, we will be using either Lamitak or EDL laminates for the silver trims. FOrmica has very little to choose from in terms of metallic finishes. And the very nice ones are way too expensive.

We're pretty sure the whole thing will turn out nice and sleek, just that I'm concerned about the laminate join lines....

Edited by stryke

However the floor plan was draw by me using Illustrator. I find that Floorplanner is not so precise but for rough layout its okay.

Anyways as far as getting the stainless steel look goes, although all our main laminates will be from Formica, we will be using either Lamitak or EDL laminates for the silver trims. FOrmica has very little to choose from in terms of metallic finishes. And the very nice ones are way too expensive.

We're pretty sure the whole thing will turn out nice and sleek, just that I'm concerned about the laminate join lines....

haha...my floor layout also done by me using Illustrator! :D

Oh do u have the url for illustrator? how much is formica charging for the 2mm gloss laminates. Was drooling over it's shine though.

Oh do u have the url for illustrator? how much is formica charging for the 2mm gloss laminates. Was drooling over it's shine though.

Illustrator is one of the softwares from Adobe that I use for my work, along with Photoshop etc. Its not a free online software, need to purchase.

If I remember correctly from the catalogue the 2mm laminates from Formica is about $98 per sheet 8'x10'

Edited by stryke

Illustrator is one of the softwares from Adobe that I use for my work, along with Photoshop etc. Its not a free online software, need to purchase.

me too, i use illustrator and the other software from Adobe CS for work. it's a exp software, unless u using student edition.

If I remember correctly from the catalogue the 2mm laminates from Formica is about $98 per sheet 8'x10'

Woh! It is so ex! It is more expensive that the granite that I am drooling over. Man! nice things are never cheap. :(

This idea is scraped.