Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shaney

Mio Tv Or Starhub

hiya, i am currently using starhub broadband but realised that at certain times i.e. esp night, the connection seems slower than usual. Not sure anyone has the same problem? Is it due to the TV programs that are playing at the same time or more users on the fibre optic cables?

Am toying with changing to Singtel broadband but not sure whether it will have the same problem... anyone can to share their experience? Thanks heaps!!!

:horse:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hiya, i am currently using starhub broadband but realised that at certain times i.e. esp night, the connection seems slower than usual. Not sure anyone has the same problem? Is it due to the TV programs that are playing at the same time or more users on the fibre optic cables?

Am toying with changing to Singtel broadband but not sure whether it will have the same problem... anyone can to share their experience? Thanks heaps!!!

I'm currently using Mio bundled package 8Mbps. Facing the same issue - connection becomes slow esp late night. Last week, I checked via Speed Test and result is less than 1Mbps. Which are you subscribing to now? Pls share.. thks.

I'm currently using Mio bundled package 8Mbps. Facing the same issue - connection becomes slow esp late night. Last week, I checked via Speed Test and result is less than 1Mbps. Which are you subscribing to now? Pls share.. thks.

I switched over to MioTv bundled with 8Mbps and its an absolute disaster. It's much slower than starhub and take so long for it to start up. Called the customer service and they just passed on the message to their Technical team. Keep saying that someone will call me and no one ever call. Arranged appointment to check out the problem and they suka suka change time. Like people no need to work!

I would highly commend MioTV customer service team to the SingTel management because the customers never has a chance of providing feedback or complaint or problem.

Dun ever switch to Singtel!!!

in terms of BB, i thk Singnet is better due to dedicated line. my sis is in the IT line and she refused to use the free starhub internet that came w our cable tv. another fren of mine also switched to singnet once her contract w starhub ended.

but talking abt tv, its more impt to talk abt content. anyw w the new ruling, i thk it wil only favour mio tv as they wil soon b able to show BPL, HK TVB series and all the current Taiwanese variety programs currently owned by starhub.

becos the current MIO Tv programmes really suck haha :P

it's all about infrastructure...starhub uses coaxial for its content, which includes tv & maxonline broadband. singnet uses rj11 / telephone for its ADSL broadband ,which is just copper wiring. now its pumping tv media content via the same line (thats why you need a telephone point near your TV if you want MIO).

so in a nutshell, how does traffic jam affect a 2 lane road as opposed to a 4 lane road? do the math....

this whole fiasco abt EPL is only about who wins the deal & passing the cost back to the customers, I am a sports-fan but not enough to end up buying 2 set-top boxes. MDA should have been more aggressive in coming in with a universal media so that we as end-users only need to worry about the content. that been said i'll just wait it out till they do so. & with opennet coming into the scene with fibre optics for broadband, i can now just depend on 1 provider for tv content & another for internet.

Edited by titanax

Singnet BB is ok but MioTV BB is suck

In term of TV program, I will still stick to SCV (starhub) b'coz I want to watch amazing race and CSI

it's all about infrastructure...starhub uses coaxial for its content, which includes tv & maxonline broadband. singnet uses rj11 / telephone for its ADSL broadband ,which is just copper wiring. now its pumping tv media content via the same line (thats why you need a telephone point near your TV if you want MIO).

so in a nutshell, how does traffic jam affect a 2 lane road as opposed to a 4 lane road? do the math....

this whole fiasco abt EPL is only about who wins the deal & passing the cost back to the customers, I am a sports-fan but not enough to end up buying 2 set-top boxes. MDA should have been more aggressive in coming in with a universal media so that we as end-users only need to worry about the content. that been said i'll just wait it out till they do so. & with opennet coming into the scene with fibre optics for broadband, i can now just depend on 1 provider for tv content & another for internet.

Just read from paper that starhub cutting their sport channel fee by half i think

Just read from paper that starhub cutting their sport channel fee by half i think

but theres not much prog left...F1, BPL, Champ League all to mio alr...i wil b cancelling the sports package once the BPL current season ends..

but theres not much prog left...F1, BPL, Champ League all to mio alr...i wil b cancelling the sports package once the BPL current season ends..

go have a look on starhub website for their new sports package, its quite sad..they got 3 channels just for cricket, looks like if can't get local viewership, they are targeting FT now

Wah, thanks guys for the responses... seems like it is no better with Singnet or at best equal... :P

Think I will stick with my current starhub!! BTW YakZ, I am using the 8Mbps too..

starhub bb is definitely slower coz starhub bb is running by shared cable....which mean in ur whole block of flat,if alot of people is surfing the internet, it will slow down the speed....

get singtel bb is a much beta choice as they are run by adsl which is "standalone" connected to a telephone point,thus no matter hw many pple surfing the net in ur block, it does not affect ur speed at all...i hv been using singtel bb for more than 5 yrs areadi and alot of my frens oso switched to singtel....

starhub bb is definitely slower coz starhub bb is running by shared cable....which mean in ur whole block of flat,if alot of people is surfing the internet, it will slow down the speed....

get singtel bb is a much beta choice as they are run by adsl which is "standalone" connected to a telephone point,thus no matter hw many pple surfing the net in ur block, it does not affect ur speed at all...i hv been using singtel bb for more than 5 yrs areadi and alot of my frens oso switched to singtel....

but then it will always hang and i need to do reset for like very frequent.

mio tv worst!!, hang 24x 7...

but then it will always hang and i need to do reset for like very frequent.

mio tv worst!!, hang 24x 7...

Get yours checked. It Singtel ADSL BB should not hang nor require reset.

Mine running for 5-6 years until recently when there are frequent cutoffs. Got Singtel to troubleshoot and they found cable corroded.

Switched from Starhub to Singtel and never look back. :-)

Yes, I agree MIOTV seems to be problematic but ADSL is nice.

It really depends on the content. I've got both mio TV and StarHub cos only mio TV is screening the BPL so no choice. For more programme content, I would think StarHub still tops the chart. But then again, with fiber Broadband and cloud making inroads, you may just wanna stream the content online instead of subscribing to mio or StarHub. Then again, you would still need a reliable Internet service provider for this and I think SingTel would have a edge over StarHub

hi shaney

base on my experiences (as my living room is starhub and my room is mio ) , i have the opportunity to compare both . MIO tv is really bad . not does it only hang and it gets worst when its hanged for more than 5 minutes making me shutting the power off . starhub channels are way much better than mio and doesnt hanged by far .

hope this helps .