Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relako

What Distance From Mrt Would You Consider Near Mrt ?

Hi Forummers,

Can I know your views with regards to this issue ? How many minutes of normal walking to the MRT would you consider it near or far (from MRT) ?

Is 7 minutes considered far or near ?

Thanks for your contribution.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
using time is subjective... each person's walking speed different... go by distance, <300m?

Agree with you that 300 metres looks like a fairly near distance.

It really differs from person to person.

My fren feels that 15 mins walk (close to 1km) is near. My hubby feels that anything more than 5 mins is far :P

I guess 600m would still be considered near. My walking time to a block ~600m from MRT is 7 mins...

best is under 5 mins. singapre so hot .walk too long to mrt u oledi sweat like **** :P

but the under 5min ones dun come cheap cos these units can sell very easily :P

best is under 5 mins. singapre so hot .walk too long to mrt u oledi sweat like **** :P

but the under 5min ones dun come cheap cos these units can sell very easily :P

Yeah lor, especially those high-floor units near to MRT stations. I saw some ads demanding 100K COVs, scary sia :P

Edited by forgotten

this is an interesting topic:) some agents ads as below whcih they desribe distance to mrt

1) hop to mrt

2) swing to mrt

3) 30 secs to mrt

All this after checking the distance is actually more than 500metres. i wonder who ever can reach mrt in 30 secs or juz by hopping from their flat ( please dun try this at home ) even those where mrt nowhere in sight also say mrt nearby. but i admit mrt is real pulling factor in property sales. mine is 700meters . i walked and timed is about 10 to 12 mins. i mean normal 30plus age human walking.

Hi

Thanks for your opinions. I am about to conclude a purchase for a unit at Sembawang. I tried walking thru short-cut, about 7 mins to MRT. Measured the distance from the SLA Map, about 515 metres.

The flats just opposite the MRT are really expensive with valuation much higher than the one I am about to buy. COV is much higher too.

Hi

Thanks for your opinions. I am about to conclude a purchase for a unit at Sembawang. I tried walking thru short-cut, about 7 mins to MRT. Measured the distance from the SLA Map, about 515 metres.

The flats just opposite the MRT are really expensive with valuation much higher than the one I am about to buy. COV is much higher too.

Personally, I would consider 515metres near. :)

I thought Sembawang COVs will drop cos its non-msia PR quota is exceeded. It means less buyers, less competition?

Edited by forgotten

Hi

Congrat ! Wise choice for future. Any unit within a radius of 1km from mrt station, to me is near. Stay near underground stn would be very much bettter than those elevated stns.

Edited by bepgof

I am choosing Sembawang because I thot there is a certain charm and quiet in this remotely located estate.

I can feel the sea breeze when I am at the ground floor. There is certainly no overcrowding as compared to many other more popular estates like Tampines, Sengkang etc.

In terms of price, I can get a 5-roomer compared to a 4-room in Punggol. I am not in it for price appreciation. I just don't want to lose too much money in case of a double-dip recession.

Facilities are fine. When I grow old, there is the Khoo Teck Puat hospital at Yishun (a short drive away). Sports Complex at Yishun too. But Yishun flats are too old for me.

Sun Complex, Sembawang Mart, SAMS machine, NTUC supermarket, POSB ATMs, parks etc ....... pretty convenient.

Sounds like I am justifying my decision ? Haha

I know I cannot have the best of everything for the price that I am paying. I put a higher value to peace and quiet above most other things. Hopefully, my upstairs neighbours are quiet too.

So one day if I cannot afford a car anymore, I can walk 7 mins to MRT and be a good typical heartlander Singaorean, taking the MRT ......

reallywise choice. u r getting 5 room for the price of 4 room. my feel is that sembwang mrt is very centrally located that most blocks have walking distance. cheers

reallywise choice. u r getting 5 room for the price of 4 room. my feel is that sembwang mrt is very centrally located that most blocks have walking distance. cheers

Thank you 'Salavanun'

Your inputs have a big bearing on my decision-making.

We may bump onto each other one day soon hehe. I also bought a unit opposite Sembawang mrt. How much cov are u paying?

Edited by forgotten