Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relako

What Distance From Mrt Would You Consider Near Mrt ?

Anyway, it is not very fair comparing just cov as the price. When I was selling my unit, there was one that is identical to mine (same floor, same floorplan, same facing, but adjacent block) that has a higher valuation. It is not even done up as well, and from my understanding the condition is horrible.they wanted the same cov as me, and guess what? They are still "selling" their flat. And then there is another simlar sized unit but better renovated and better location, 2 blocks away, their valuation is 48k more than mine. If they want only 20kcov, will it be a good buy?

Yeah, many factors to consider, I saw a unit in Bedok....location wasn't very good, but it was designer decor....sold for 65k COV

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Just to share, there is a tool in the Onemap website which allows you to measure the distance from point 'A' to 'B'

http://www.onemap.sg

This is a good tool, which I should have used when doing house hunting.

Edited by forgotten

Yeah, many factors to consider, I saw a unit in Bedok....location wasn't very good, but it was designer decor....sold for 65k COV

Prices in mature estate can be rather crazy. I noted that 60k cov and above for bedok units seem mroe of a norm than otherwise. That said, in the current market, I still find the prices of Sembawang units better investment choices (relatively :P). Of course, investment is only one of the many factors when buying a hdb.

Prices in mature estate can be rather crazy. I noted that 60k cov and above for bedok units seem mroe of a norm than otherwise. That said, in the current market, I still find the prices of Sembawang units better investment choices (relatively :P). Of course, investment is only one of the many factors when buying a hdb.

I've been bringing a buyer around Bedok area recently, there are many units asking under 30k COV, lowest was 25k but condition wasn't great.

This is a good tool, which I should have used when doing house hunting.

Hi forgotten

don't think it was available when you were searching for your home....think the site started late March or early April this year :)

I've been bringing a buyer around Bedok area recently, there are many units asking under 30k COV, lowest was 25k but condition wasn't great.

Aw man, you just have to ruin my day LOL

BTW, does this also apply to the bedok 5rm point blocks?

Edited by bedokbetta

I notice north south reservoir zones of Bedok are commanding different prices. Also, bedok units' age range from 10 years old to 30 years old. I think these affect the price significantly.

Edited by forgotten

Oops sorry man :P

The same buyer i'm serving sold their 5-room point block for 50k COV (high floor), its considered quite a high COV to pay....

Edited by Plastic3

i may have a tip. try to avoid famous and good blockz coz these flats have lots of transcations lately and have price naturally jacked up. the valuer will have latest transactions not the one u saw on hdb websites but real latest. so he will based on that eg: blk A last transacted 380 cov 60 = 440..he might based on that and do a value around there. So what we going to pay 440 plus 20? this is most liekly how the valuations might have reached super high now .

my previous flat is 500m from sengkang mrt station and i considered it fairly near.

now, my new flat is just next to the station approx. 50m from the buangkok mrt station, 24hr kopitiam, 24hr supermarket & amenities is just below the flat...

now i dun even have to be scared of raining and get drenched walking to mrt station. i think when come to buying flat, interior decor shd not be taken into consideration as all these r sunk cost and will depreciate over time.. so wat if the previous owner spent 50k reno, if u dun like the design.. it dun worth a single cent and worse still.. if u wan to re-design.. all the hacking and reinstatement cost will cost a bomb.

so i rather pay a premium for the location instead of reno.. end of the day, it really depend if u like the location and can afford the housing.. no point have a huge liability for 30yrs.

I just bought a 5room at sembawang as well. 300m away from Mrt, mid floor, stone throw away to canberra pri sch, paid 26K cov. Seems like i paid a pretty high cov :(

Hi

I close the deal last year Nov 09, I think is the same location, mid floor, 4rm flat, I paid $8K COV, but the house is really empty and horrible.