Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Relako

What Distance From Mrt Would You Consider Near Mrt ?

according to onemap.sg, my place is 150m frm mrt.. but i paid 39k cov for it

There's no hard and fast rule. As long as one likes the purchased unit that one pays for, it's good enough le! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I was staying at Blk 55 New Upper Changi Road. It is only one bus stop away from Tanah Merah MRT station, and bus stop downstairs, just three stops away from Bedok MRT. BUT, one huge problem is that the flat faces the MRT track AND the main road. So, you get NOISE and DUST. So, although it's near, I did not really like the place (rented btw).

Before that, I was staying at Yew Tee, Blk 640, CCK St North 6. Distance about the same. Difference is there are two other blocks between my block and the MRT station. So, you don't get the noise but at the same time, it is near the station. And, to walk to the MRT station, it is all covered.

So, when u consider distance from MRT station, please consider the noise factor.

I was staying at Blk 55 New Upper Changi Road. It is only one bus stop away from Tanah Merah MRT station, and bus stop downstairs, just three stops away from Bedok MRT. BUT, one huge problem is that the flat faces the MRT track AND the main road. So, you get NOISE and DUST. So, although it's near, I did not really like the place (rented btw).

Before that, I was staying at Yew Tee, Blk 640, CCK St North 6. Distance about the same. Difference is there are two other blocks between my block and the MRT station. So, you don't get the noise but at the same time, it is near the station. And, to walk to the MRT station, it is all covered.

So, when u consider distance from MRT station, please consider the noise factor.

Yep. Noise factor very important. I got a friend who lives 1 min walk from MRT in Sembawang. 1 am also can hear the noise from the tracks. Extra loud also because outside is quiet. As for me, according to map, my current place is about 900m from MRT, but I don't mind taking a leisure stroll to the MRT now and then. Takes me about 10-15 min. Haiz, but shift to new house, not near MRT anymore. :P

Yep. Noise factor very important. I got a friend who lives 1 min walk from MRT in Sembawang. 1 am also can hear the noise from the tracks. Extra loud also because outside is quiet. As for me, according to map, my current place is about 900m from MRT, but I don't mind taking a leisure stroll to the MRT now and then. Takes me about 10-15 min. Haiz, but shift to new house, not near MRT anymore. :P

Yup. Noise is a factor. Lucky for me my new house is about 200m away from the mrt which is below ground. No noise issue.

true, the noise from the track is really irritating cos' my friend stay just next to khatib mrt station. the beep beep door closing sound is irritating. lolz..

but if the station is underground then no problem, just like those NEL line, all are underground.. so no noise or whatsoever.

Near would usually be 5 minutes walk though ....

2 bus stop away from MRT & 15 mins walk to MRT, consider near or far?

2 bus stop away from MRT & 15 mins walk to MRT, consider near or far?

to me, if i am willing to walk, then it is consider near. :D

mine is 800m away - 2 bus stop away too.....just 2 rounds of the 'stadium track' distance...walkable la!

5 mins walk to bt batok central. yesterday I managed to know, walk to bt batok central.

Edited by dean

dont kid yourselves friends

spore is only 42km from one end to the other

anything more than 5min SLOW walk or >300meter is considered FAR

(guideline for 100meter slow walk is 1.5min, so 300meter should take 4.5min MAX)

mind you, 300m is almost covering 1% of spore's length, and yah, spore is this tiny

:D

anyway, spore's wet and hot weather is not exactly nice for slow walks

[/quote

Near MRT only part of equation for price appreciation, take note of the 6M

a) MUST not walk more than 200m to MRT (Maximum: 2 mins walk)

b) MUST hv underground MRT; NEL & circle line together, like Serangoon Central (or else noisy)

c) MUST have covered walkway (or else rain how??)

d) MUST have 24 hrs food, coffee, grocery shopping, doctor.

e) MUST have good schools, landed property, condo in the vicinity (For good resale value)

f) MUST have zero flood in last 10 years (Check NEA Website)

GOOD LUCK!!!

Hi everybody,

I will be getting my keys soon. After such a long wait ! Will move from the east to the north.

Thank you all for your advice and opinions.

Next target: working towards getting a house in JB.

Cheers,

Relako

[/quote

Near MRT only part of equation for price appreciation, take note of the 6M

a) MUST not walk more than 200m to MRT (Maximum: 2 mins walk)

b) MUST hv underground MRT; NEL & circle line together, like Serangoon Central (or else noisy)

c) MUST have covered walkway (or else rain how??)

d) MUST have 24 hrs food, coffee, grocery shopping, doctor.

e) MUST have good schools, landed property, condo in the vicinity (For good resale value)

f) MUST have zero flood in last 10 years (Check NEA Website)

GOOD LUCK!!!

Wah, so detail. My flat only dun have number B & E . But I think consider myself lucky already, cannot ask for sky. :yamseng:

Seems like my new place hit all the criteria except for 'C'...which I personally feel its less crucial / dont change the price of the property since i met criteria 'A' ;)