Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ckhoo

Maisonette Makeover

Finally, after months of waiting and waiting and more waiting...work is finally starting on our new home. Lots of work has to be done within a a short 7 weeks. With such a big project on hand we decided that we needed professional help. And who better than our very best friend and brilliant Interior Designer to do the job. The designing and planning stages of this project started slow cause we had almost six months before getting the keys. But finally finally the wait is over.

Here's the original floor plan to our EM:

OriginalFloorplanpdf-AdobeReader114.jpg

We decided to change the layout of the house a little. Here's the new floorplan:

1st floor

pbdg01-revisedpdf-AdobeReader114201.jpg

2nd floor

pbdg02-revisedpdf-AdobeReader114201.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The house is at least 13 years old and the owner had left it to age slowly on its own. Here are some photos we took after getting the keys.

IMG_7229.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_7239.jpg

The contractor our ID engaged seems quite efficient. After 3 days, most of the demolition has been done. Fingers cross that all will go well throughout the renovation.

IMG_7267.jpg

Wall between 1st floor study room and kitchen has been hacked.

IMG_7270.jpg

The kitchen

IMG_7271.jpg

View of kitchen and living room

IMG_7272.jpg

Congrates on ur new EM. :D Wah, first time I see a mini balcony at MBR. So cool. Ur new layout is very nice. Looking forward to more pics! :D

2nd Floor

Wall between toilet and room has to be hacked to create new Master Bedroom

IMG_7287.jpg

Original Master Bedroom to be converted to study room

IMG_7297.jpg

Balcony on 2nd Floor

IMG_7299.jpg

Wow...congrats on ur new nest. Ur layout is pretty similiar to mine except u hv a balcony on the 2nd flr and i didnt knw that mansionette hv it until i see ur. That is so nice!!!

thanks everyone,

yeah tis was the 1st EM i came across with balcony on 2nd flr too. at first it was wat turned me off cos i felt it blocked out some light from coming in fr the 1st flr balcony. but in the end decided tat location and price more impt so bought it lor.....the COV was only 12k compared to the 40-50k EM in bishan were asking for at tat time.

hey congrats on your purchase. Really like the 2nd balcony. Ideal place for relaxing when one is too stressed from working/studying. :P

looking forward to see more pictures! :)

HI, I am getting my keys this Thur and I have not confirmed my contractor. Reason being no contractor is willing to take our job at $35k.

Eventually ME, I, MYSELF (SAHM) will go and DIY myself....

How much u spent on ur EM? Mine is at hougang......

thx sunset way.

xiaoyang,

at the moment our reno quote is 94k, but i'm afraid as the reno goes along we keep adding this and that the cost might increase. but i tink my reno so exp cos we do alot of structural changes to the house and also have alot of glass work involved.

now i having a lil headache cos i have to vacate my current apartment by 18 may but handover oni 2 jun. so i tink i hve to bunk over at my parents' place during tat time. but its going to be quite chaotic cos i hve 2 lil princesses in tow as well. so tinking whether i sld consider renting an apartment for 1 month instead. anyone here had this problem when they moving house? also hve to find storage to store our boxes and a few pieces of furnitures too....any recommendations?

now i having a lil headache cos i have to vacate my current apartment by 18 may but handover oni 2 jun. so i tink i hve to bunk over at my parents' place during tat time. but its going to be quite chaotic cos i hve 2 lil princesses in tow as well. so tinking whether i sld consider renting an apartment for 1 month instead. anyone here had this problem when they moving house? also hve to find storage to store our boxes and a few pieces of furnitures too....any recommendations?

You can consider renting those storage unit like Big Orange for your stuff and stay with your parents. Or you can extend living in your current apartment by negotiating a later handover date with your buyer. You may need to compensate your buyer by paying some rent.