Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
noobhouse

Kitchen Cabinet Material ?

While there's a few choices for kitchen tops, kitchen cabinets are mostly made of wood.

is there any other materials which one can use? I'm worried if I choose wood, I'm given compressed plywood

or some type of inferior wood which will not last. Other than option of using better quality wood like maybe teakwood

what other materials can I use & what's the price like? appreciate yr help, thanks ! :bow:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
While there's a few choices for kitchen tops, kitchen cabinets are mostly made of wood.

is there any other materials which one can use? I'm worried if I choose wood, I'm given compressed plywood

or some type of inferior wood which will not last. Other than option of using better quality wood like maybe teakwood

what other materials can I use & what's the price like? appreciate yr help, thanks !

:bow:

kitchen cabinet all uses solid plywood. 5 layer plywood compressed into one.

kitchen cabinet all uses solid plywood. 5 layer plywood compressed into one.

er so means to say only wood then? how long can plywood last?

10 yrs? else wat other better type of wood is used?

er so means to say only wood then? how long can plywood last?

10 yrs? else wat other better type of wood is used?

How about blockwood? Thought it is common nowadays that blockwood is used for shelving and sides of drawers?

Ya, I read somewhere that blockboard is the preferred choice for local carpenters these days.

Anyone knows whether it is as strong and durable as plywood??

How about blockwood? Thought it is common nowadays that blockwood is used for shelving and sides of drawers?

there is pros and cons on both plywood and blockboard..was told plywwod is heavy and may have wopping problems, so most carpenter prefer blockboard..you can ask the carpenter what type of wood they are using. generally, you must take care the cabinet and it will last you quite a while, especially the sink area.