Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wind30

Is There Skirting Behind Your Built-in Furniture/feature Wall?

For Wet kitchen, it is concrete structure and aluminium cabinet. Only the exposed wall is tiled.

This is one of the way to cut cost. However, in future if we want to change cabinet, it has to be the same size or design as the old ones. Will have this dilema when I renovate my new house. Any advice?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
This is one of the way to cut cost. However, in future if we want to change cabinet, it has to be the same size or design as the old ones. Will have this dilema when I renovate my new house. Any advice?

Just wonder, what is the chances we change a kitchen cabinet in 5 yrs / 10 yrs / 20 yrs?

? don't you have a kitchen cabinet base? It is concrete base right and so you cannot really tear down your cabinet unless you do major reno.

For my dry ktichen, it is not tiled and I have stainless steel backsplash. The bottom of the cabinet is elevated concrete base and also not tiled.

For Wet kitchen, it is concrete structure and aluminium cabinet. Only the exposed wall is tiled.

I did a major reno. Old slab/base hacked away. I prefer whole pieces of wall covered with tiles, then up the kitchen cabinet. That's to say those non-exposed part has tiles at the back.

Well, if one does not like & wish to "save some money"- by all mean let the ID/contractor know before reno starts, to avoid some disputes.

Edited by bepgof

I did a major reno. Old slab/base hacked away. I prefer whole pieces of wall covered with tiles, then up the kitchen cabinet. That's to say those non-exposed part has tiles at the back.

Well, if one does not like & wish to "save some money"- by all mean let the ID/contractor know before reno starts, to avoid some disputes.

what I am saying is kitchen cabinet unlike normal cabinets is hard to remodel. Your new cabinets has base too right? so if you want to remodel, you end up with an ugly concrete base right and you need to redo your floor tiles over again.

And won't the installation of the wall unit hurt the wall tiles? No drilling? just glue?

what I am saying is kitchen cabinet unlike normal cabinets is hard to remodel. Your new cabinets has base too right? so if you want to remodel, you end up with an ugly concrete base right and you need to redo your floor tiles over again.

And won't the installation of the wall unit hurt the wall tiles? No drilling? just glue?

As what therat said is correct, we do not know WHEN to remodel the kitchen cabinet. If to remodel, pipes, electrical, all kena, then will hack everything already (sound like i'm **** rich?). L-shape base, except the one for refrigerator, no base.

Sure the wall tiles got holes(hidden) here & there. Mine is a 32-yr resale flat, no choice. Must hack everything at one go.

Edited by bepgof