Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sweetiesg

Any Recommended Carpenter?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi there, possible to share more information about the company u mention???

i bet the carpentry works for e company must be super solid ah? gt how many years warranty?? how much do they charge for items like wardrobe, eg, full height 8ft, 8ft feature wall with tv console?

had been looking thru this forum for quite some time and doing research. but from the way u describe about the capentry works really makes me wonder are you the client or the ID faking as client n do post! apologise if i offended u! :)

<!--quoteo(post=619388:date=Mar 17 2011, 03:06 AM:name=Johnchua23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnchua23 @ Mar 17 2011, 03:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=619388"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Those who have not found a good carpentry contractor, you may be interested in this. Through my ID, I have visited a large carpentry contractor called My ID Factory with a 15,000 ft large factory at 10 Sungei Kadut St 2. This factory is like no other carpentry factory in Singapore and will interested anyone doing carpentry or looking for carpentry.

They make good quality furniture at local prices using large CNC German machines and specialized CAD-CAM fully integrated software to design and manufacture your cabinets. Their factory is Singapore's first European standard carpentry factory and the only one it's kind in Singapore, unlike other small carpentry factories which use simple hand table saws, making their cabinets by hand. Hand made quality differs from carpenter to carpenter and depending on their moods of the day. This factory have a huge stock of laminates and hardware in their factory; do all their ABS edging and laminating in-house, unlike most other carpenters who outsource; doing routing in-house with their Homag German CNC router; all their drawers bases are grooved and slotted with 5.2 mm laminate plywood (not PVC - this will not last compared with laminates) unlike local carpenters who just nailed a 3 mm plywood from the base which often falls out after sometime. All European drawers are grooved and slotted.

The other unique and most important thing to note about them is that they don't use those cheap poor quality white or coloured PVC plywood or slightly better painted Polykem plywood which almost all carpenters use now for cabinet interiors.  They use only HPL or high pressure laminates inside the cabinets. Polykem, a painted board do scratch, dents and give off powder-like paint particles. PVC faced plywood is even worst, they easily peels, scratches, cuts, turned yellow, cracks under sunlight, promotes bacteria growth in wood below once the very thin PVC film or sticker is damaged (that's why hospitals typically don't use PVC for their cabinet inside). Believe me... This factory makes all HPL laminate inside cabinets at PVC inside cabinet prices! What a deal! No carpenter has yet offer this before!  There are 5 standard inside colours, white, off- white, grey, black and a wood grain to choose from. For outside of cabinets like doors, they say that they have more than 750 types of laminates. I saw some wardrobes made there with inside and outside laminates the same with small increase in prices... They only 10%! I checked with my regular carpenter, they cannot do this at the price quoted or even for their 5 standard laminates inside cabinets.  

It gets better...Prices include ABS edgings for doors, all soft closing hinges and soft closing drawer slides; and for the wet areas like sinks cabinets or vanity cabinets they provide 4 pcs stainless steel soft closing hinges, something local carpenter will never include for the same price since that stainless soft closing hinges cost some $12 each.  Rusty hinges at sink and vanity cabinets are a problem now since local carpenter don't use stainless steel hinges. If you want they slaughter you with additional prices. Besides laminates, They have a full range of hardware and kitchen and wardrobe accessories like trouser racks, trays, baskets, etc. (see www.donotti.com under hardware) too!

For wardrobe, they charge 10% more for the same laminate (Donotti, Italy only) for inside and outside cabinets. Again no one has offered this before!  Homeowners don't have to a bomb for this anymore and suffer the ugly "White PVC inside" anymore.  

I understand they are causing quite a stir in the market with their product offerings and precision manufacturing facility. They are busy and i don't see them ever advertising. Probably because no carpenters or contractors have yet or can offered kitchen or wardrobe cabinets with full laminates inside and outside at PVC prices, including those soft closing hinges, soft closing slides and stainless steel soft closing hinges.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

wowo sound good deal.. Mind share me the contact and company name pls.

Btw how much did they quote u? cos my budget also v tight. Thanks

Im looking for contractor, just need to make 8 feet kitchen cabinet and utility room wall with door,someone quoted me 1.5k.

If anyone knows sincere person pass me the contact.

Hi forumers & experienced home owners, little sister mi did some diy dismantling with hubby to existg tv console & realised if install new console will hv a big gap cos the old & bigger one sits into the feature wall. So hv to get professional help rite?

Need to remove & stick new wall paper to the feature wall. Had been quoted very ex b4 so we did not go ahead.

Can pm mi gd contacts for both pls?? So tat we can compare prices : (

10x very much!!

In case this is the Ah Wei you are looking for, pls checkout his facebook account for more details:

Ah Wei Carpentry Club

Can anyone please msg me yr contractors contact? I need to do kitchen cabinets, tv feature wall, wardrobe. My email is kelvinleong348@gmail.com. Thanks

Edited by smartkel

I had a very reliable, experienced carpenter do some woodwork for me at my new place. My budget very tight, only about $4000 to do top kitchen cabinets, bedframe for MBR, shelvings for bedroom 2 and 3 and top study cabinets. Very happy with the service and workmanship. He even helped shore up the existing bottom kitchen cabinets bec when they were installing the new top cabinets for me the entire bottom section collapsed! Can you imagine! Apparently the previous owner's carpenter did a bad job and did not secure the bottom section properly. So there was a mini crisis and he and his men helped to tahan the bottom section and made sure they propped it up properly. Good thing they were so responsible bec the whole bottom section when it collapsed, almost ripped out the gas and water piping!

If anyone is interested in the carpenter's contact, you can PM me. His name is Ah Wei and he is popular with other forummers too. Ivy, a regular forummer here, very kindly put me in touch with Ah Wei.

Hi candijew, could you email me ah wei's contact. Thanks heaps!

Edited by mdemisha